Rumor: PUSH Going Away - UPDATE in Post #32! Another update in Post #36

Hoping as someone mentioned earlier that he will be upgraded to interace with the MB, otherwise it will be sad to lose that lil' piece of Magic from the MK. I love the attraction rides but I also love all the little bits of things I can see or do without the hassel of a line.

I agree with Kathy. At Disneyland, besides Push, there was Lagniappe, who was a mime that rode a unicycle in New Orleans Square. He made a lot of people smile, and I still miss seeing him, though it's been years. Also, I would stop to watch Push interact with guests or characters, and we used to have Lady Devine at California Adventure. My trips were definitely enhanced by watching these characters.

Good choice of words. I agree that they are enhancements so no it won't be a deal breaker for me but clearly this is yet another sign of things to come. Aren't the little things what makes Disney so special for all of us? Unique experiences, attention to detail etc.?

It sounds like a contract dispute from what I've read since it's contracted out? Not sure the validity.

I think it would be cool if PUSH was upgraded like someone mentioned to a 2.0 that was able to interact with the Magic Bands....That would enhance the experience.....maybe we are overreacting and they are just refurbishing PUSH :confused3 I'm going to try and be hopeful!.......... :)

I think it would be cool if PUSH was upgraded like someone mentioned to a 2.0 that was able to interact with the Magic Bands....That would enhance the experience.....maybe we are overreacting and they are just refurbishing PUSH :confused3 I'm going to try and be hopeful!.......... :)

Honestly, IMO if they were just upgrading him Disney would have just said that to avoid this outcry from fans.

I really wonder who is next to get the ax. Mayor of Main Street? Fire Chief? Piano Players at Casey's? Voices of Liberty? All of these players are key to keeping the Magic in the World. Disney needs to take a hard look at these groups before they make a decision.

I don't mind when Disney removes little stuff like this. The problem I have is they never tell us if they are going to replace it with something else. It's almost like budget cutting through attrition. I know customers (guests) really don't have the right to know this information, but it's almost like we should know because we are more than just guests; we are their fans and most loyal customers. That's where things get fuzzy with Disney and their guests.....It's the communication that comes out of Disney; which, at times seems very cryptic. For example, you are removing Push. Why can't you tell us why you are removing Push? What's the big secret? Just tell us and if you know what you're going to replace Push with tell us that too. It's not so much Disney's decision to remove small attractions it's their communication. Just my 2 cents.

FWIW, I have not been able to locate PUSH since 2010. One of those things I seem to miss. Mainly, because Tomorrowland really needs a makeover.

It may not ruin a trip but it was one of those special Disney touches. I am sure it was lots of the small things that Disney does that hooked all of us. When they start taking it away it is sad.

Think of all the children that didn't get to laugh, run around, try to figure it out.

Someday Disney may be just a mere shadow of what it once was. That would be sad.

I will miss Push. My grandchildren always had a great time when they got to see Push.

This ^ ... much of what I love about Disney are the small things like PUSH. It is sad to see these things going away. PUSH, Remy at Chefs De France, the Ziti Sisters, Four 4 a Dollar singers at Beauty and the Beast, waking up Tinkerbell at MK... Sad. :(

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Disney told the Orlando Sentinel that PUSH isn't going anywhere! Do you think they had plans to remove him and changed them based on the response from fans?

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Disney told the Orlando Sentinel that PUSH isn't going anywhere! Do you think they had plans to remove him and changed them based on the response from fans?

Nikki you just made my day!

Do I think fans helped...for sure. If Disney doesn't come out and say we never intended for this to happen and it was purely a rumor gone wild then you have to believe that they intended for him to go. I know after I heard about it I posted on FB, Twitter, and emailed Disney. Imagine if everyone did that...or even half!

*NikkiBell* said:
GOOD NEWS!!!!

That's very good news, I am really happy to read that! Thanks for posting this.

This is getting stranger and stranger.

I just heard another rumor saying PUSH's last day was yesterday despite Disney telling The Orlando Sentinel that he wasn't going away. Now cast members are supposedly saying that Disney did, in fact, confirm PUSH is gone. Again, a rumor, but that means then...

Rumor came out.

Fans responded.

Disney tells Jason Garcia at The Sentinel that the rumors are false.

Disney lied.

Disney removes PUSH.

I'm not buying it. What do you guys think?

Sounds like Disney trashed push and the rumor

What's next, Lights of Winter?

LOL!

Someone just told me that she heard it had to do with contract negotiations and the like. There's a possibility that the original rumor was put out there by the employee in order to drum up support and encourage Disney to renew. Rumor, again, but good LORDY. :sad2:

Well Disney didn't lie they said they wouldn't get rid of push they never said they wouldn't retire push he can still be seen in every park just stand next o a trash can it might be push. Maybe they could move him to a corner in golden oaks or a retirement community so he can enjoy his lays few years before he get repurposed into something else.

It sad he tried to lead the fight to find out what happened to the talking palm tree and his cousin the recycling can in ak and they give him the axe I guess he asked to many questions and tried to get to many people to write Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter