Rumor by agent - Blue Card min. going up

I am not sure overall across all DVC the breakage would increase by keeping it separate unless you are saying they are not going to give owners the options to trade to RCI, Cruises, or AVD? I can't see them completely going away from their model and putting this resort on an island. I also think if they did do this you actually would have owners more in the loop on renting out their points possibly even lowering breakage again overall across all of DVC.

Not breakage across all DVC but breakage at DLH. In theory, if it's an enclosed system without other DVC people booking at 7 months then the only people booking are DLH owners and cash reservations. In such a system there only there is more opportunity for Disney to sell unbooked cash rooms, thus increasing revenues above the breakage limit.

Related, a more jaded person than myself would point out how Disney can make more money per room on cash DVC stays than hotel side stays, where all costs are spread over points/owners, thus more of the costs (mousekeeping, etc) are disproportionately paid by DVC owners while Disney benefits tremendously after reaching its threshold that it keeps 100% revenue above the 2.5% breakage line item. So during the covid days with dvc members leaving rooms open, Disney is doing well putting people into those rooms than putting into hotel inventory. DVC owners pay the expenses for the cash reservation person so Disney profits better on the same room

Circling back to DLH, it behooves Disney to have a ton a cash payers fill the gaps left behind by DVC owners not being to book. But this all assumes that occupancy is high and that's not necessarily a guarantee if a new system is created.

Not breakage across all DVC but breakage at DLH.

But thats the point the whole system total is what matters. It doesn't matter if there is more breakage income from DLH all that matters is all breakage income combined if that goes up or down. I don't see it having much impact since there are positive and negatives to both sides of a new policy.

I also think Disney is on the path of looking long term with DVC and likely wanting to flip even more hotel inventory to DVC to insulate themselves.

Separating DLH would impact their future sales at WDW as well. It would be impacted because they would lose their story about all future resort access, lose a little about the flexibility of trips, and with two systems there would be confusion among potential first time buyers who then think if they buy as an example Reflections they can't stay anywhere else (since DLH can't stay anywhere else).

It really makes no sense to separate it and its very much different than resale restrictions which the average buyer isn't going to worry about what other people get after they might sell a contract.

You can buy direct at other resorts that are cheaper than $19000. I asked for quotes on SSR and Vero as well. I want the option to stay at all resorts so I will probably buy 100 points direct to not lose that option.
True but I was also looking at exp. year and maintenance fees.

Not breakage across all DVC but breakage at DLH. In theory, if it's an enclosed system without other DVC people booking at 7 months then the only people booking are DLH owners and cash reservations. In such a system there only there is more opportunity for Disney to sell unbooked cash rooms, thus increasing revenues above the breakage limit.

Related, a more jaded person than myself would point out how Disney can make more money per room on cash DVC stays than hotel side stays, where all costs are spread over points/owners, thus more of the costs (mousekeeping, etc) are disproportionately paid by DVC owners while Disney benefits tremendously after reaching its threshold that it keeps 100% revenue above the 2.5% breakage line item. So during the covid days with dvc members leaving rooms open, Disney is doing well putting people into those rooms than putting into hotel inventory. DVC owners pay the expenses for the cash reservation person so Disney profits better on the same room

Circling back to DLH, it behooves Disney to have a ton a cash payers fill the gaps left behind by DVC owners not being to book. But this all assumes that occupancy is high and that's not necessarily a guarantee if a new system is created.

But if the entire premise of not allowing other owners to book there and the owners who buy do for it exclusively, then therE should be very little to rent for cash when it’s sold out because owners have to book and stay there.

Id say that model could make it tough for owners to get rooms certain part of the year. Again, in the scheme of what DVC is I just don’t see them making this different than the way RIV is set up.

What, of course, could happen is those that buy there will want to stay there and 7 month may prove difficult but it still makes little sense to me to do that because it would not no longer be DVC as there is no club it will be part of.

Agent called and emailed toady to let me know the Blue Card minimum is going up to 125 points as of this Friday, 10/16, just a heads up.

It's almost getting insulting. Either do away with it or do away with the perks for all resale going forward. Pretty soon, we're gonna need a reference guide to keep up with it all.

Agent called and emailed toady to let me know the Blue Card minimum is going up to 125 points as of this Friday, 10/16, just a heads up.

Last year, a few days before they increased the minimum to 100, the website reflected it with language confirming the increase. I've been checking the website and I don't see any updates and 10/16 is two days away. I seriously hope it's not a DVD scheme to get people to buy in ASAP. After all, we've heard that they were going to increase it on September 30th and then it became mid-October. Of course, watch them update the language right after I hit "Post reply" so I can eat my words... :rotfl2:

Last year, a few days before they increased the minimum to 100, the website reflected it with language confirming the increase. I've been checking the website and I don't see any updates and 10/16 is two days away. I seriously hope it's not a DVD scheme to get people to buy in ASAP. After all, we've heard that they were going to increase it on September 30th and then it became mid-October. Of course, watch them update the language right after I hit "Post reply" so I can eat my words... :rotfl2:

I can't see them increasing the minimum at this time. I am banking on them not and am hoping for some good incentives coming.

That being said, I am totally new to DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!