Rumor by agent - Blue Card min. going up

jswoodard

Mouseketeer
Maybe it’s already been mentioned on here but my agent said there’s a rumor that the direct minimum for the Blue Card is going up in October to 125. I wasn’t needing convincing to buy, so I don’t think it was a closing trick, but he did say it so passing on the info.

DVC would only surprise us a with an announcement with maybe a week to act for those interested, so it seems to me the agent lips were moving!!! :). Not saying he didn't hear rumors, but I doubt he really knows.

Great3

When we bought direct, the rep said there was a rumor Disney was opening a DVC in Hawaii. That was something that definitely influenced our decision to buy. That was 25 years ago!!

Maybe it’s already been mentioned on here but my agent said there’s a rumor that the direct minimum for the Blue Card is going up in October to 125. I wasn’t needing convincing to buy, so I don’t think it was a closing trick, but he did say it so passing on the info.
This would not surprise me at all since they have been creeping it up from 0 to 25 then 75 and currently at 100. Hopefully they will increase the blue card benefits but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This would not surprise me at all since they have been creeping it up from 0 to 25 then 75 and currently at 100. Hopefully they will increase the blue card benefits but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I know wouldn't it be wonderful if they can a DVC lounge at EVERY park? 35% off rackrate for non DVC stays, and maybe the option to buy discounted park tickets - for up to four guests per year but the owner would need to activate them for less abuse. Blue card benefits that actually mean something.

I know those are just Pixie Dreams. I am happy with what I have.

Disney is in no position to try to squeeze customers any more than they already are. With Reflections being put on hold (at best), they have plenty of time to sell Riviera. It wouldn't make sense for them to lose out on potential buyers, and the cash on hand that they bring to Disney, just for 25 extra points. If this were happening in the pre-Covid world, I would believe it, but it just makes bad business sense in Disney's current reality.

Disney is in no position to try to squeeze customers any more than they already are. With Reflections being put on hold (at best), they have plenty of time to sell Riviera. It wouldn't make sense for them to lose out on potential buyers, and the cash on hand that they bring to Disney, just for 25 extra points. If this were happening in the pre-Covid world, I would believe it, but it just makes bad business sense in Disney's current reality.
I can really see them doing this especially since RIV is so point hungry. It would be interesting to know how many contracts at RIV are at the 100 point minimum. I am sure they have" bean counters" who have run the numbers on how many of those people would still buy a contract at 125 points as opposed to how many would not buy a contract at all. If the total number of points sold are projected to increase then they would do it.

The most points expensive studio (Poly) averages 26 points per night. 125 points is fine at WDW with 4 parks, but the next DVC is Disneyland and it is 88% Studios or Pods. At the Poly point chart that's 5 nights at Disneyland, which is just way too many for most people. They would basically be saying if you want to own DVC at Disneyland you HAVE to make 2 trips a year or luck into one of the 12% of rooms that aren't studios.

What a self-own that would be if they do it.

The most points expensive studio (Poly) averages 26 points per night. 125 points is fine at WDW with 4 parks, but the next DVC is Disneyland and it is 88% Studios or Pods. At the Poly point chart that's 5 nights at Disneyland, which is just way too many for most people. They would basically be saying if you want to own DVC at Disneyland you HAVE to make 2 trips a year or luck into one of the 12% of rooms that aren't studios.

What a self-own that would be if they do it.
If they are mainly targeting westcoasters I can see two trips a year working out. Or they beef up the perks enough that it is worth buying more points for it, or less than 125 and just not get one. I am in Texas and would go more than 2x a year, but would probably sell one of my WDW contracts to pay for it.

DVC would only surprise us a with an announcement with maybe a week to act for those interested, so it seems to me the agent lips were moving!!! :). Not saying he didn't hear rumors, but I doubt he really knows.

Great3

I have no doubts there are rumors of possibly raising the minimum. There possibly is also a rumor to lower (which they won't say) and rumors to increase discount, remove discounting, actively sell old resorts to start ROFR more often, ect.

There is 0 chance that those in positions to make changes don't have conversation around all of these. It would make zero sense though for Disney to decide this far out to make the changes unless there was way more drastic changes coming. Could we see a much bigger RIV discount starting in September and then an announcement of a 125 point requirement to get people to move and make the purchase?

Flip side if they offer a bigger discount in September with nothing else changing wouldn't the general thought be that more price decreases would be coming? This is a way to say both "price discount" and "buy now".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!