Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember, you can still come in contact with the germs, then touch your face and get infected. This new cdc advisory is basically just saying Your skin is not going to absorb the virus.

This has been known all along has it not...?

Just remember, you can still come in contact with the germs, then touch your face and get infected. This new cdc advisory is basically just saying Your skin is not going to absorb the virus.

Thus the reason my post says - wash your hands.

I read it as contact is not the main way it's been spreading, you can still get it, but droplets are proving to be the main source of spread.

This has been known all along has it not...?
Correct, we have known this all along you can't get a respiratory virus via skin absorption. OP is incorrect, new CDC guidance as of yesterday while possible getting infected from touching something and transferring the the virus to mouth nose etc. but it is not very likely at all, most infection will come from inhaling droplets.

I read it as contact is not the main way it's been spreading, you can still get it, but droplets are proving to be the main source of spread.
I didn’t take the CDC update on this to be all that new. We’ve always known that droplets are the quickest way to catch the virus and in order to catch it from hard services, you have to tough the surface, then put your hands in your eyes, nose or mouth, I don’t see anything that would cause them to change the recommendations.

Their warnings on rides list the major risk factors.

Right, and if you see most their warning on Covid 19 they say elderly at risk and people with underlying conditions.

They will not go and list every single underlying condition on their warnings.

I didn’t take the CDC update on this to be all that new. We’ve always known that droplets are the quickest way to catch the virus and in order to catch it from hard services, you have to tough the surface, then put your hands in your eyes, nose or mouth, I don’t see anything that would cause them to change the recommendations.
The new CDC update actually says "it is not likely" to get the virus by touching a surface and touching your mouth or nose. Possible but not likely the new update says.

It isn't the outside that's gross, it's the inside.

I run the pot about 3 times when I get into the room, just to clean it out before I use it the first time. You wouldn't believe what I'v seen come out of there.
The inside might be gross but it isn't full of COVID.
Right, and if you see most their warning on Covid 19 they say elderly at risk and people with underlying conditions.

They will not go and list every single underlying condition on their warnings.
They don't need to list every single underlying condition. They can list the top 5 which would still be fewer than the risk factors listed on the ride warnings. It is obviously a major issue that people have no idea that obesity is an independent MAJOR risk factor for the young, and it matters because so many of their guests have this risk factor and don't even realize they are in that category. The ride warnings don't say "DO NOT RIDE IF YOU HAVE RISK FACTORS." They list SEVERAL major risk factors: heart disease, pregnancy, recent surgery, etc.

The new CDC update actually says "it is not likely" to get the virus by touching a surface and touching your mouth or nose. Possible but not likely the new update says.

Yes, went from a whole lot of you can get the virus that way, to it's possible you might get the virus that way. Simple, good hand-hygiene should take care of that.

They probably thought it was a sneaky way to save money!

Save money--another way to make money--those coffees from the QS, marketplaces, or other areas are not cheap and no free refills (unless you buy the mug).

💰🤑💰

The inside might be gross but it isn't full of COVID.

They don't need to list every single underlying condition. They can list the top 5 which would still be fewer than the risk factors listed on the ride warnings. It is obviously a major issue that people have no idea that obesity is an independent MAJOR risk factor for the young, and it matters because so many of their guests have this risk factor and don't even realize they are in that category. The ride warnings don't say "DO NOT RIDE IF YOU HAVE RISK FACTORS." They list SEVERAL major risk factors: heart disease, pregnancy, recent surgery, etc.

Disney will NEVER go as far as listing obesity on any of their warnings. Obesity is so vague. Over 37% people in US considered obese.

Disney will NEVER go as far as listing obesity on any of their warnings. Obesity is so vague. Over 37% people in US considered obese.
It's not vague at all but you are right that a lot of Americans are obese. They list high blood pressure and a higher percentage of Americans have that. We can't hide medical facts from people because it would hurt their feelings. It's irresponsible and unethical.

Isn’t obesity based on body fat percentage rather than weight or how you look? Obviously there are cases where you know when you see it, but cant you technically be “obese” without having the stereotypical look of someone that is obese?

Isn’t obesity based on body fat percentage rather than weight or how you look? Obviously there are cases where you know when you see it, but cant you technically be “obese” without having the stereotypical look of someone that is obese?

Yes the typical definition is based on body mass index and obesity being a major risk factor doesn't get near the attention it should. A lot of people thin "it's only the elderly and people who are sick who have worry" without knowing they are in a major risk group too.

Which is why Disney will never list it.

Can you imagine the PR and legal nightmare Disney would have if they start signaling out obese people. Would be a nightmare.

When Disney opens you will see elder people and heavier people at the parks. That is there right to be there and we nor Disney can do anything about that. They take the risk on themselves.

Which is why Disney will never list it.

Can you imagine the PR and legal nightmare Disney would have if they start signaling out obese people. Would be a nightmare.

When Disney opens you will see elder people and heavier people at the parks. That is there right to be there and we nor Disney can do anything about that. They take the risk on themselves.

I even read my own comment back and thought it came off as insensitive. Some people cant help it, and I’m sure there are many that are in denial, or don’t believe that theyre in that category. I do think Disney should “advise” people with risk factors to not come until things calm down a little bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter