Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the union is going to require masks to protect the CMs and the guests don't adhere to the mask requirement and the CMs are getting sick and out of work for 2+ weeks, you're going to see the parks shut down again.

Well the masks are not bulletproof. Cloth masks aren’t really stopping much. The chances of a CM getting sick is basically a certainty. But they also may not even get it from the park. They may catch it by going to the grocery store.

If the union is going to require masks to protect the CMs and the guests don't adhere to the mask requirement and the CMs are getting sick and out of work for 2+ weeks, you're going to see the parks shut down again.
If CMs are getting sick en masse the parks will shut down even if everyone is wearing N95s all day. Lots of sick people = closed parks. Other factors won’t matter at all.

Well the masks are not bulletproof. Cloth masks aren’t really stopping much. The chances of a CM getting sick is basically a certainty. But they also may not even get it from the park. They may catch it by going to the grocery store.

Sure they can, but if they have been home for 8 weeks now and going to the grocery at least 4 times during that time and didn't get sick, but yet, they start back to work surrounded by a large group of people that aren't wearing masks, I'm going to think that exposure has been increased on tht job.

If all my co-workers are wearing masks and we've been working together for several weeks before any guests are let into the park, I'm going to bet my virus came from the guests that I've been exposed to that aren't wearing masks. The CMs are going to do what they need to stay safe and keep working, but the only factor they can't control is the guest.

If CMs are getting sick en masse the parks will shut down even if everyone is wearing N95s all day. Lots of sick people = closed parks. Other factors won’t matter at all.

Sure, but those employees aren't sick now. Where ever they are, they've been practicing their social distance and masks because most of them want to go back to work.

The only change in their routine, is that now they subjected to people all day that aren't wearing masks.

I don't even think it has to be en masse. How many employees does Disney have just waiting around to come to work to replace someone out sick? I think they've been understaffed for the last few years.

Enforcement will be an issue.

So what do you do about the guy with a cloth mask that he’s pulled down just under the nose? Most people probably won’t even notice. A CM tells him to pull it back up? Ok so then he walks away and pulls it back down.

Stuff like that will be constant. It’s going to get tiring fast.

I don't want to encourage anyone to do this, because it isn't wise...

But we don't expel droplets outward from our nose at the same rate that we do from our mouths, from breathing, talking, laughing, etc.

Covering at LEAST one facial orifice will still help reduce viral transmission.

This won't help protect the wearer of said mask, as plenty of droplet particles can be inhaled through their nose, but it CAN reduce transmission rates.

I was at Target today and I saw everyone wearing masks, and a woman turned away for pulling her T-shirt up over her face.

Will any system ever be perfect? No. But we've got to try, every step towards defeating this virus is a step well taken.

Not a bad price for “souvenir” hand sanitizer. Considering how difficult it is to find hand sanitizer these days.

Agreed - that's why I'm surprised!

If they legit gouged I think they could be turned into the government...

There's some wiggle room allowed in pricing. The gouging does have to be egregious to get turned in. Bath & Body Works sells a 72%-alcohol 1.9oz hand sanitizer spray for $5.50 right now, and their 68%-alcohol PocketBacs come in a bundle of 5 1oz bottles for $8 right now, so I think $3 for a 1.8oz bottle of UO branded sanitizer WITH a carabiner is a great price, relatively speaking. I would have expected more like $5 for it, at least. I noticed the UO bottle labels don't have any information on them - I wonder what the alcohol content in them is. I think it has to be 60% to be COVID effective, IIRC. I could have that number wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way complaining about their mask or sanitizer pricing! I'm just so used to Disney theme park pricing during non-pandemic-times that I was surprised these pandemic-staples weren't more expensive! :rotfl:

FWIW, I was also surprised at Disney’s reasonable pricing for their face masks.

Last edited:
Agreed - that's why I'm surprised!

There's some wiggle room allowed in pricing. The gouging does have to be egregious to get turned in. Bath & Body Works sells a 72%-alcohol 1.9oz hand sanitizer spray for $5.50 right now, and their 68%-alcohol PocketBacs come in a bundle of 5 1oz bottles for $8 right now, so I think $3 for a 1.8oz bottle of UO branded sanitizer WITH a carabiner is a great price, relatively speaking. I would have expected more like $5 for it, at least. I noticed the UO bottle labels don't have any information on them - I wonder what the alcohol content in them is. I think it has to be 60% to be COVID effective, IIRC. I could have that number wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way complaining about their mask or sanitizer pricing! I'm just so used to Disney theme park pricing during non-pandemic-times that I was surprised these pandemic-staples weren't more expensive! :rotfl:

Come to the dark side, we have Butterbeer! And other beers!

Love Universal. 🧙‍♂️

Sure, but those employees aren't sick now. Where ever they are, they've been practicing their social distance and masks because most of them want to go back to work.

The only change in their routine, is that now they subjected to people all day that aren't wearing masks.

I don't even think it has to be en masse. How many employees does Disney have just waiting around to come to work to replace someone out sick? I think they've been understaffed for the last few years.

CM-s can get sick with inappropriate mask handling. When their mask will get contaminated they can get the virus. I don`t see that they can wash their hands properly every time before touching their faces.

There is no way to know why anyone get sick (I mean get the virus):

-because someone infected them who didn`t wear a mask
-they infected themselves with inappropriate mask wearing

Until this question is not answered there is no way to decide mask is good or not. In my opinion.

There are places where wearing a mask it`s a good thing but there are circumstances where it`s not a good thing.

Also there is a difference between wearing a mask inside in a Target store in AC for 2 hours or outside in the heat for 8 hours.

I found it strange the fact that until now no one can get to wear a face covering even during Halloween parties because of security reasons and suddenly everyone has to wear a mask? I don`t get it.

Last edited:
It will go away sooner than you think, the data does not support it. Giving people space and washing hands will be pushed hard but the rest will fade away. One example is the airlines backing off on requiring masks to stay on during flights once they realized policing it is not possible, same with the parks.

Totally different things. Airlines still require them, they just don't want the FAs getting in a brawl over it. Much easier to pull someone aside on the ground and tell them to put a mask on or leave.

CM-s can get sick with inappropriate mask handling. When their mask will get contaminated they can get the virus. I don`t see that they can wash their hands properly every time before touching their faces.

-because someone infected them who didn`t wear a mask

Until this question is not answered there is no way to decide mask is good or not. In my opinion.

There are places where wearing a mask it`s a good thing but there are circumstances where it`s not a good thing.

Also there is a difference between wearing a mask inside in a Target store in AC for 2 hours or outside in the heat for 8 hours.

I found it strange the fact that until now no one can get to wear a face covering even during Halloween parties because of security reasons and suddenly everyone has to wear a mask? I don`t get it.
Asymptomatic spreaders are a problem.
They are changing the rules because masks help reduce disease spread.

Relating to Florida, there is a strong rumor that DeSantis will announce today that our gyms will be open. There is also a hint that bars may get lifted from closed to 50% capacity. If so, I expect to see Disney Springs to really expand their opening list.

Asymptomatic spreaders are a problem.
They are changing the rules because masks help reduce disease spread.

This sentence doesn`t answer the problem at all. It`s just a mantra.

Asymptomatic or symptomatic spreader doesn`t matter you still won`t know how the CM got the virus:

-because someone infected them who didn`t wear a mask or

It`s a chicken or egg problem...

I said this in another thread, but I was there as well this afternoon/evening, but I wore a neck gaiter from Patagonia and it was much more comfortable than a cloth mask. Perhaps not as an effective fabric, but one you could wear all day in our heat and humidity down here and breathe comfortably.
I was thinking that the neck gaiter is the way to go too. They provide sun protection, some are designed to wick away sweat, and you don’t have something pressing on your ears all day. Plus many are lightweight enough to be intended for exercise. I think it will be a lot more comfortable that a cotton face mask.

This sentence doesn`t answer the problem at all. It`s just a mantra.

Asymptomatic or symptomatic spreader doesn`t matter you still won`t know how the CM got the virus:

-because someone infected them who didn`t wear a mask or

It`s a chicken or egg problem...

Unless the virus can materialize anywhere by itself it has to be spread by someone in both cases. I can't just go outside in my yard, handle my mask inappropriately, and get the virus.

I was thinking that the neck gaiter is the way to go too. They provide sun protection, some are designed to wick away sweat, and you don’t have something pressing on your ears all day. Plus many are lightweight enough to be intended for exercise. I think it will be a lot more comfortable that a cotton face mask.
Apparently several were wearing them at City Walk. I was asking for the benefit of my grandson, but went ahead and ordered 3 Disney style others from a shop online.

I am ordering one to see how I like it. I think a variety is the way to go. I have a couple that tie on, some of the ones that go on your ears, and if I like the gaiter will order more of those.

@yulilin3, I caught a little bit of your livestream yesterday (btw, thanks for doing that!) and here's one thing that I noticed... You were in the Universal store and there were a couple of people paying for their items. Here is an example of a photo from DFB:

I noticed that both people were not standing on the circle while their purchase was being processed. They just stood in front of the circle near the counter (in the case of this photo, there is something there so they can't do that), so I can already see where people aren't following directions. Yes, you can walk up to give them your merchandise, but I believe you're then supposed to go back to the circle while they ring everything up. It reminds me of how at Publix how people just can't follow the one-way signs on the ground. There are people who just don't read instructions -- I don't think they're deliberately being defiant, they are just too much in their own world. My point is, despite UO's (or WDW's) best efforts to get people to social distance (or wear masks or whatever), there are going to people who just can't follow directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter