Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I'm used to the masks at this point - I just drove to Target for curbside pickup and every single person I saw had a mask on.

I also live in NJ which has stricter mask-usage orders.

Yes, masks are very common where we are, too.

You literally just said the exact same thing again.

Maybe they mean that for most people the magic is in the other things? Not sure.

Tbh I'm used to the masks at this point - I just drove to Target for curbside pickup and every single person I saw had a mask on.

I also live in NJ which has stricter mask-usage orders.

I don’t mind the masks either, but they fog my glasses which drive me a little crazy. I’m trying various products to prevent that.

I’m hoping we get to the point where there are more masks being sold with fun designs. So far the only ones I have are masks I bought to be used at Disney World and the Airport.

I meant to say most people go to Disney for more then the rides. They go for characters, parades and fireworks. If those aren't there then why rush to the park if what you like isn't happening and it's only rides? I am the opposite of that so it wouldn't bother me.

I get that.

It just seems an odd stance to wonder why anyone would go there, when that's exactly what you would do.

I would expect more along the lines of "I can see why a lot of guests would got to WDW just for the rides, I know I would".

Esp when there are 4 parks of rides, compared to a typical "rides" park like CP etc.

Plus the atmosphere is much better-certainly worth something.

Plus a lot of guest don't go on any rides at WDW.

And to me wearing a mask and everyone else wearing a mask completely kills the vibe for me. I’m sure I’m in the minority on that, though.

Nope, kills it for me, too.

I wear a mask all day at work. I'm not doing it at a theme park, where I'm supposed to be enjoying myself.

I also want to be able to see the faces of the people I am visiting with.

I had plans to go to the parks several times this year, but if wearing masks becomes a requirement, I'll pass. I'm not going to pay $110+ per person to walk around suffocating all day.

I wear a mask all day at work. I'm not doing it at a theme park, where I'm supposed to be enjoying myself.

I had plans to go to the parks several times this year, but if wearing masks becomes a requirement, I'll pass. I'm not going to pay $110+ per person to walk around suffocating all day.

I can especially understand you not wanting to wear one for even a minute longer than you have to!

I totally agree with wanting to see faces. The masks just creep me out and they are uncomfortable.

Seems like all Disney has to do to control crowds is make mask mandatory. But I get it don’t want to wear one either.

Last edited:

The atmosphere was good when there was entertainment, performers etc... none of which will be there anymore though. The guests that don't go on any rides at WDW are typically the ones that go for the festivals (which will be done), the entertainment (which will be done), or just to walk through World Showcase (which may not open).

The atmosphere was good when there was entertainment, performers etc... none of which will be there anymore though. The guests that don't go on any rides at WDW are typically the ones that go for the festivals (which will be done), the entertainment (which will be done), or just to walk through World Showcase (which may not open).

Minor points to saying I go for rides, but nobody else will.

I doubt that SE, ToL and C Castle take away from the experience.

Although I admit I haven't been to CP so maybe its an amazing/better atmosphere.

I get that.

It just seems an odd stance to wonder why anyone would go there, when that's exactly what you would do.

I would expect more along the lines of "I can see why a lot of guests would got to WDW just for the rides, I know I would".

Esp when there are 4 parks of rides, compared to a typical "rides" park like CP etc.

That's what I was trying to get at. Majority of people go to Disney for more then the rides. So I was asking why the rush to get back to Disney if all that is left is rides? I was asking that cause of the rumors of it pretty much would be only rides.

That's what I was trying to get at. Majority of people go to Disney for more then the rides. So I was asking why the rush to get back to Disney if all that is left is rides? I was asking that cause of the rumors of it pretty much would be only rides.

My point is your not alone on this. Many people (just watch) will go for the rides-just like you and I.

I believe that life is full of risks and we choose to face those risks every day. Why should Disney be any different? Having hand sanitizer available before and after rides is appropriate. Just ask my family - I pull out the hand sanitizer after every ride and they all comply by putting out their hands for a squeeze. In spite of all my hand sanitizer use, I got the flu at WDW on the second to last day of our trip in 2006 and I certainly didn't blame Disney. Waivers would be appropriate IMHO.
Because it’s not exactly the same. We are in a known global pandemic dealing with a lot of unknowns still, not just everyday risk. We have a flu vaccine, there is a line of defense there. Let’s remember WDW closed before any sort of order because they feel strongly about public safety.

But I do agree once they open they’ll need to do it when they’re certain it’s safe enough that masks, testing isn’t needed. Hopefully we are only a couple months away from this but who knows. I also agree once they are open it is go at your own risk. Now isn’t the time to take grandma. Not the time to go if you have diabetes.

Signed waivers sure, but I do believe it’s bigger to Disney than just liability, they don’t want to be the cause of another outbreak. Or many outbreaks if we all travel home with it.

Interesting stuff. I would gladly come to the parks when they open, I'm not terribly worried about "the virus." I go out into the world every day already, including busy retail stores where my products are sold, and we've had record sales to the point we have run out of packaging in some facilities.

Having to wear a mask would be a no-go for me. I know many have the opposite opinion, and that's cool.

Will be very interesting to see how this all nets out.
I have no problem wearing a mask but not sure how helpful they really are. Too many people do not wear them properly. They take them off and on, scratch beneath them, touch the inside, etc. Maybe, some type of neck gaiter would be more effective than masks...especially if using a cloth covering.

Because it’s not exactly the same. We are in a known global pandemic dealing with a lot of unknowns still, not just everyday risk. We have a flu vaccine, there is a line of defense there. Let’s remember WDW closed before any sort of order because they feel strongly about public safety.

But I do agree once they open they’ll need to do it when they’re certain it’s safe enough that masks, testing isn’t needed. Hopefully we are only a couple months away from this but who knows. I also agree once they are open it is go at your own risk. Now isn’t the time to take grandma. Not the time to go if you have diabetes.

Signed waivers sure, but I do believe it’s bigger to Disney than just liability, they don’t want to be the cause of another outbreak. Or many outbreaks if we all travel home with it.

Right.

I think this is much bigger than visiting at your own risk. If the concern was limited to people catching the virus at WDW and just getting sick, the parks never would have closed IMO. They could have taken their precautions and been done with it. I think it’s about who those people go on to infect and what kind of role WDW plays in the safety and health of the public, not just their guests.

I don’t think the #1 concern here is liability. There have been many known points of infection at this point and to my knowledge no business has gotten sued because someone got sick. Waivers don’t prevent people from going home and causing an outbreak in their area. Maybe I am being naive, but I do think Disney realizes their role in helping this spread throughout the state, the country, even the world should they open too quickly and without enough precautions in place. I don’t think decisions are primarily being made because they are worried individuals will get sick in their parks and blame them. At least I hope not.

If nothing else, I think it’s more the PR issues with opening quickly and helping spread along rather than legal issues with individuals.

I definitely feel a certain number of people will not plan a trip until things are more under control. I still think ticket sales would take care of how many people get into the parks. They can limit those. Eliminating international guests at first would help. But annual passes would also have to have a way to use those. They could suspend them for now, but more fairly giving annual pass holders certain days of the week would help...but Disney would have no way of knowing how many of those folks would come. I guess they could just let so many locals in on those days. It would be hard to do. Other ideas anyone?
I do wonder about locals only at first. While it would give WDW some good practice before opening fully, it would make them little money. No or low resort stays, low ticket sales since APs will be the ones to show up first. Is the goal to get back to generating profit right away, or just working to stay in business for the time being?

That's going to get complicated. I don't see Disney opening resorts without DVC being in the first phase of reopening. If Disney keeps DVC resorts closed for an extended period of time and members cannot use their points, there is going to be a demand for compensation especially since Disney is charging maintenance dues on those points that can't be used. That's definitely going to be a legal problem I would think Disney will want to avoid. That could get very costly.

I personally think DVC resorts may be the first to re-open because members are not guaranteed park admission to use the points. So they can open those resorts and keep the parks closed and still fulfill their DVC obligations. Some DVC resorts like Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are also very spread out resorts. So social distancing there should not be an issue there.
Spread out yes but everyone still uses the same pools, front desk, shops, restaurants, etc. so not sure that’s an easy fix. DVC is its own beast right now and I don’t envy execs or owners trying to sort this all out.

Nope - you guys aren't the only ones - Disney is the last place I want to be with a mask on - not because of the health aspect - because of the association - I don't want what to remember what COULD be my last trip to Disney as being the one where we had to wear masks - I'm ok with temperature taking and other precautions - distancing , for one - but the mask would do us in

Nope - you guys aren't the only ones - Disney is the last place I want to be with a mask on - not because of the health aspect - because of the association - I don't want what to remember what COULD be my last trip to Disney as being the one where we had to wear masks - I'm ok with temperature taking and other precautions - distancing , for one - but the mask would do us in
I just can’t imaging that anyone would want to wear masks. I wish they’d send out a survey too. They can send it to Ap holders & those who have current trips booked.

I just can’t imaging that anyone would want to wear masks. I wish they’d send out a survey too. They can send it to Ap holders & those who have current trips booked.
It may not matter what people want. Nobody wants to be stuck in their house right now either. Disney wants to reopen and something like a mark requirement may have to happen to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter