Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does a virtual queue look like? Kind of like the old fastpass where you scan your band and are given a return time?
Disney has not yet said for sure, but we have gotten a few clues from the last set of changes to the MDE app. The ROTR boarding groups is a type of virtual queue. Some with current tickets/APs are now able to see a section called “My Queues” on MDE, with ROTR listed as a queue. You select the queue you want to join and the app messages you when you can return to the attraction. We don’t know yet if you will be allowed to join more than one queue at a time, or how it will work exactly.

I still think that the encouraging people to book June 1 wouldn't have been so bad if they had extended that free dining offer longer. Then at least you may have had people choosing later fall/winter months instead of trying to pick the least problematic of the offered months for their family.

For a lot of people July, August, and September are really not ideal months to travel to Florida. COVID-19 aside, June is probably the most appealing month to travel out of the ones offered when considering weather (heat and hurricane season), and then the latter part of the deal interfering with hopeful school year starts.
yes, WDW is always looking to fill rooms during those seasons that because of weather and school, they have a harder time filling rooms (not a hard time, just harder). It seems they wanted to kill two birds in one stone: provide an “offer” as guest recovery and fill rooms.

Our school year starts August 3. We’re in GA, driving distance. If I were one of those who were cancelled March-May, I would either have to rebook for June-July or book at a time that does not yet have discounts released.

It is going to be *very* interesting to watch what happens next week, when the rolling cancellation window would reach June 1st. Will WDW cancel early June reservations? Will they make an announcement? If they cancel, will they provide another offer? I have no idea, but I will be glued to the DISboards for sure.

yes, WDW is always looking to fill rooms during those seasons that because of weather and school, they have a harder time filling rooms (not a hard time, just harder). It seems they wanted to kill two birds in one stone: provide an “offer” as guest recovery and fill rooms.

Our school year starts August 3. We’re in GA, driving distance. If I were one of those who were cancelled March-May, I would either have to rebook for June-July or book at a time that does not yet have discounts released.

It is going to be *very* interesting to watch what happens next week, when the rolling cancellation window would reach June 1st. Will WDW cancel early June reservations? Will they make an announcement? If they cancel, will they provide another offer? I have no idea, but I will be glued to the DISboards for sure.
You say this like we haven’t been glued to the DISboards for the last 8 weeks 🤣

Disney has not yet said for sure, but we have gotten a few clues from the last set of changes to the MDE app. The ROTR boarding groups is a type of virtual queue. Some with current tickets/APs are now able to see a section called “My Queues” on MDE, with ROTR listed as a queue. You select the queue you want to join and the app messages you when you can return to the attraction. We don’t know yet if you will be allowed to join more than one queue at a time, or how it will work exactly.
Won’t this end up just putting crowds of people in walkways or stores? Lines hold lots of people. If no one is standing in ride lines while they wait for rides, what are they doing? Standing...somewhere else?

Won’t this end up just putting crowds of people in walkways or stores? Lines hold lots of people. If no one is standing in ride lines while they wait for rides, what are they doing? Standing...somewhere else?
Not if they significantly reduce capacity levels.

I’ve wondered about this myself. Some of the queues are big “people eaters.” I think the issue is they need to have groups at least 6 feet apart, especially indoors, so the queues won’t hold as many people. But, where are those not in the queues going to wait? Will outdoor areas be a lot more crowded? I don’t think we’ll know until we hear more from WDW.

Last edited:

Interesting....I have tickets for June...need to look around MDE.

Here in Maryland, right over the river from you, people in my area only wear masks in the store because they have too, we walk around our neighborhood a lot, as do a lot of people right now, and its the opposite, we only see only about 10% wearing masks when not in the stores and everyone I talk to can’t stand wearing one.
I’m a little late but I don’t know where you live in Maryland but in my area (closest tomorrow DC), we see people wearing masks and face coverings when simply walking along the lake in my neighborhood (along with when at the store because it’s required).
All of this to say that this is all anecdotal. I see masks, you don’t. The next person where they live sees them while the person the town over doesn’t.

I think they have to. They absolutely have to. Can you imagine if you can only get one ride for every 1-2 hour block? Can you imagine standing outside Peter Pan's Flight, looking across at Small World, and you can't get a queue till 4 hours later? Can you imagine the criss-crossing you'd have to do across the park(s)? It would be an absolute nightmare.

What about, and I know this is a wild concept, but what about "queues" for the entire land? They could/would limit the number of people in the land during specific 2 hour blocks of time. Once you check into your first attraction in a specific land, you can schedule your next land's block of time. If many of the rides are a walk-on, it really negates the need for queues. It would kind of be like Fantasyland Early Morning Magic, but...it would benefit each land.

I think they have to. They absolutely have to. Can you imagine if you can only get one ride for every 1-2 hour block? Can you imagine standing outside Peter Pan's Flight, looking across at Small World, and you can't get a queue till 4 hours later? Can you imagine the criss-crossing you'd have to do across the park(s)? It would be an absolute nightmare.

What about, and I know this is a wild concept, but what about "queues" for the entire land? They could/would limit the number of people in the land during specific 2 hour blocks of time. Once you check into your first attraction in a specific land, you can schedule your next land's block of time. If many of the rides are a walk-on, it really negates the need for queues. It would kind of be like Fantasyland Early Morning Magic, but...it would benefit each land.
I don’t think they have to. If they only allowed you to join one queue at a time, the amount of time should be the same as if you had actually physically been in the queue.

A contract means very little during a state of emergency. Look at what the government did to your religious rights during all of this. You don't think Disney isn't having a legal team look at a way to not honor all those points.

Disney is going to have a legal problem with DVC if the state has lifted shutdown orders and Disney refuses to reopen those resorts in a reasonable time frame. The parks don't matter in this at all! DVC members are not guaranteed the parks. But the resorts are different matter.

Now, we aren't at that point yet. And Disney has made concessions with expiring points so far. But as this goes on and on into July or August (which is now looking at least plausible), and much of Florida is opened up, people will start looking at these various legal scenarios. Especially if Disney starts letting points expire when the resorts could be reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter