• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RSR is down...maybe for awhile

DLgal

DIS Veteran
I just heard about the car that started burning last night just after the finish line. Saw a video of passengers asking a CM to get them out as black smoke was coming out from the back and a rear bumper appeared to be damaged.

The ride has disappeared off the map today. Not a good way to approach the Memorial Day weekend.

Eeek. This ride hasn't closed at all since it opened right? It probably needs a refurb.
I was just thinking about that before I read this story. I watched a recent ride through and noticed that the Sheriff and Mater animatronics don't drive up to the ride cars anymore. They just stay in place. I remember that working the last time I went to Disneyland in 2019.

But as for this story - yikes. I saw the video of the smoke coming out of the ride vehicle. Scary stuff, especially for the people in the car.

I was just thinking about that before I read this story. I watched a recent ride through and noticed that the Sheriff and Mater animatronics don't drive up to the ride cars anymore. They just stay in place. I remember that working the last time I went to Disneyland in 2019.

But as for this story - yikes. I saw the video of the smoke coming out of the ride vehicle. Scary stuff, especially for the people in the car.
Where did you see this video? Do you have a link for us?

Where did you see this video? Do you have a link for us?
You can find the video on youtube. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to post it here due to the source. But it's not like a major fire or anything. All you see is smoke coming out of a ride vehicle with people inside the car.

Last edited:

Man, that is such a bummer for the Memorial Day weekend. It's going to have a big effect on the other ride wait times in DCA.

Yeah, it's going to be ugly. That's really unfortunate and bad timing, but they do have to figure out exactly what happened and check everything over. At least nobody was hurt! That would have been pretty scary.

Yeah, it's going to be ugly. That's really unfortunate and bad timing, but they do have to figure out exactly what happened and check everything over. At least nobody was hurt! That would have been pretty scary.
Exactly! Can you imagine something happening to where Cal OSHA would have to be involved.......talk about having to close it down for awhile. Hopefully it is resolved within a few days and back up and running safely before the weekend is over with.

Massive blow. We are rope dropping DCA tomorrow and we are so productive when EVERYONE runs to cars.....
So yea. That was a much different rope drop then we've experienced at DCA. Far more people than we've ever seen go to incredicoaster and midway mania. By 9:30 everything had a line.

The wait times have definitely been exaggerated without Racers.

Lightning Lane has not been bueno on the DCA either. Last night the LL line went all the way into avengers campus for Guardians and down in front of sky jumpers grill for Soarin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter