ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Hello all-
New over here in Universal land... Never been and looking for a first trip ASAP. With this being our first trip i know NOTHING about US and just starting my research. I am a family of 5 Myself - husband -and 14 year old triplets- 2 boys and 1 girl. My boys are football size kids and my daughter.. well... is not. LOL from what i am reading most of these rooms you would have to get a roll-away bed for a family of 5??I cannot find any pictures of a room with it in there? Will we be squished? What about CL? same room sizes? ANY and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking for a hotel before i even indulgent into planning food parks etc.
THANK YOU!!!

We are also a family of 5, 3 daughters ranging from 12-16. We were in a standard room, tower #3. We requested a rollaway bed upon arrival. I can't confirm this, but my understanding is that they are first come first serve and there is supposed to be an add'l fee for them. We were not charged an add'l fee and we were given one straight away. Standard room has the generic hotel room configuration. Two queen beds with a center nightstand dividing them. The rollaway bed just fit between the 2nd bed and the rooms window. As schumigirl mentioned, if you are not using the hotel room during the day, the extra bed shouldn't pose much problem. We left for the day and left the bed as is and then didn't get back to the room until 8 or so, then it was an hour of swimming, then bed. I see you've been to POR, not sure if you were in the AB section. A murphy bed would be better, imo, for space, but the rollaway shouldn't prove to be that inconvenient and its full size.

Welcome along.......

THANK YOU!!!

Club Level rooms are the same size as non club rooms. You are just adding or booking Club Lounge.

Hope you don't mind being bombarded with questions
Good to know. We are thinking about 5 days?? Maybe? Like i said we are in the infant stages of planning- we are Disney NUTS but time to see what the other side has! ADVENTURE!
Do you suggest CL? Since US doesn't have a dining plan would CL be a good choice?

Folks do have the rollaway and it may be a little tight, but if it’s only for bed time you should be ok......you can move it upright easily and store it by the area by the door during the day. Most folks don’t hang around the room all day so space isn’t exactly a problem.

Yep. No one really spend time in the room except getting ready and sleeping. we did get spoiled with AoA and the two bathrooms.. LOL 5 people 1 bathroom- this is an adventure all in it's own --patience be tested!

There are suites that might be better sized but cost more too, or look at some of the other hotels for bigger sizes.......

With the small amount of looking around the best fit resorts for us is #1 Royal Pacific and #2 Hard Rock which i see is the same with the roll-away.

Royal Pacific is a beautiful resort.......we have been staying there for years and LOVE it........love everything about it.......

Good luck with your planning........any help needed, ask away........:)

I have to agree Royal Pacific is beautiful looks amazing with lots of "stuff" this is my number 1 pick.
thank you again for the warm welcome- i will be asking tons of questions as i go along here..

We are also a family of 5, 3 daughters ranging from 12-16.

Hi and Thank you so much for helping me out here!

We were in a standard room, tower #3. We requested a rollaway bed upon arrival. I can't confirm this, but my understanding is that they are first come first serve and there is supposed to be an add'l fee for them.

Was the bed comfy to sleep on and did they have enough room to sleep is really what i am looking for.. So one son right now is about 5'11 and weights about 180pds. would he be OK on the rollaway? the other son is about 5'10 and 170 My daughter on the other hand is 5' and small. Boys took all the height...
Ok this posses another question! If you book with the knowledge of having a family of 5 wouldn't it be common knowledge we would need that rollaway? Should i request upon booking? EEk I am so glad i have you all to help me! I am LOST! this is so so much different then a Disney vacation

We were not charged an add'l fee and we were given one straight away. Standard room has the generic hotel room configuration. Two queen beds with a center nightstand dividing them.

Good to know.. would you happen to have a picture?

The rollaway bed just fit between the 2nd bed and the rooms window. As schumigirl mentioned, if you are not using the hotel room during the day, the extra bed shouldn't pose much problem.

nope.. no we are not... and we are not snooty people in the least. Just want to make sure we get a good night rest to start the adventure again the next day!

We left for the day and left the bed as is and then didn't get back to the room until 8 or so, then it was an hour of swimming, then bed. I see you've been to POR, not sure if you were in the AB section. A murphy bed would be better, imo, for space, but the rollaway shouldn't prove to be that inconvenient and its full size.

Thanks for noticing yes we stayed in AB!!! Is the rollaway bed a real bed or is it like that cheap mattress thing they had before the re-model --and the murphy beds? My daughter can fit on the murphy bed in POR Ab with no problem. and the Murphy bed in AoA.

OMG thank you both SO SO much for helping me out and getting a better understanding. :worship:Like i mentioned to my Hitchhiking Ghost friend here- we are no way a snooty family we can be happy anywhere- I am looking to see IF my kids will fit comfortably on the rollaway and exactly what does it look like? we do NOT spend a lot of time in the room with the exception of getting ready and sleeping. Or if my husband can fit on it- we roll it in the hallway way because of his snoring!::yes::

Was the bed comfy to sleep on and did they have enough room to sleep is really what i am looking for.. So one son right now is about 5'11 and weights about 180pds. would he be OK on the rollaway? the other son is about 5'10 and 170 My daughter on the other hand is 5' and small. Boys took all the height...
Ok this posses another question! If you book with the knowledge of having a family of 5 wouldn't it be common knowledge we would need that rollaway? Should i request upon booking? EEk I am so glad i have you all to help me! I am LOST! this is so so much different then a Disney vacation

My youngest slept on it, 12 years old and is under 5 ft and had plenty of room. It was a true roll away, not a trundle or Murphy bed. Hotel staff literally rolled it into the room for us, folded up on wheels, so in theory you could refold it when not in use and try move it out of the way (near doorway entrance I suppose) or simply do like we did and leave it down. I wouldn't assume anything with regards to occupancy and getting a roll away. As I said, we have 5 and I had to ask for it at check in. I can't remember where I read it, if it was on their website or a message board or other site, but I'm almost positive that I read it was first come first serve on the roll aways and it was supposed to be a nightly upcharge of I think $24 (which we were never billed for). You could certainly call and have a notation put on your reservation requesting one, but I would definitely confirm at check in that you need one. I didn't lay on it, but my kid didn't complain, it felt and looked like a real mattress, a single obviously. I'm sure your daughter would have no issues being on it and even a kid 5'11" should be able to use it. I'm not sure if we got a picture of it. My wife does the "nobody touch anything!" until she gets a room photo, and I'm thinking she did that prior to the bed being delivered.

We too are primarily Disney, but because of a wedding that we were in Florida for, we were able to work in our first trip to Universal as a family for 3 nights. For me, that was more than enough time (two full days, two half days), especially with the express pass that you get. Probably the biggest thing to know going in, a majority of the rides are motion rides or coasters, so if anyone in your family suffers from motion sickness or can't handle 3D/4D/virtual reality well, there could be some issues. The way I look at it, and this is only my opinion and its obviously biased, but going to Disney is an experience whereas going to Universal is going to a thrill ride park. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, the two Harry Potter lands are incredible, but not having that long-time connection like I do with Disney, I see Universal in a slightly different light. We had a great trip, loved it, many of the rides are arguably better than over at the Mouse, but I'd still take a Disney vacation in a heartbeat over Universal.

I've read through all the posts and so helpful. We will be coming next month for 5 days.

If I bring food back from Citywalk for my family or get a pizza delivered, will they let us eat it by the pool? Are there tables that I can use?

I've read through all the posts and so helpful. We will be coming next month for 5 days.

If I bring food back from Citywalk for my family or get a pizza delivered, will they let us eat it by the pool? Are there tables that I can use?

Yes. They have a poolside bar and grille called Bula's, its a full service bar with wait staff and full dinner menu. There is a section in the pool area with tables. I cannot see any reason why you couldn't bring in outside food and beverages.

I've had better, but we found the best food value at Bula's. After spending a ton on food at the parks, we came back and my wife and I decided to split the nachos (beef & chicken, or you can just have one item) for $15. We couldn't finish them. Next night we ordered again, and had my 16 year old daughter eat them as well, still didn't finish. A ton of chips, and again, I've had better nachos, but for the $$$ incredible value, and they allowed us to special order how we wanted prepared (beans on side, cheese on only one half plus add'l cheese on the side).

Yes. They have a poolside bar and grille called Bula's, its a full service bar with wait staff and full dinner menu. There is a section in the pool area with tables. I cannot see any reason why you couldn't bring in outside food and beverages.

I've had better, but we found the best food value at Bula's. After spending a ton on food at the parks, we came back and my wife and I decided to split the nachos (beef & chicken, or you can just have one item) for $15. We couldn't finish them. Next night we ordered again, and had my 16 year old daughter eat them as well, still didn't finish. A ton of chips, and again, I've had better nachos, but for the $$$ incredible value, and they allowed us to special order how we wanted prepared (beans on side, cheese on only one half plus add'l cheese on the side).

Thank you. I know we are going to get the Nachos at least once, but I know we'd rather eat lunch outside than in our room.

Thank you. I know we are going to get the Nachos at least once, but I know we'd rather eat lunch outside than in our room.

The only thing to be careful of, is watching the times. The pool closes (or did) at 9:00pm and that is when Bula's closes and then you are also expected to leave the pool area. I don't believe there is any other designated outside dining area other than the pool area, although you could probably sit on a bench by one of the walkways.

We did see a couple families who stayed until park closing and then got back to the hotel around 9:00 get frustrated that they couldn't order. There is another ground floor indoor bar and then the sushi bar on lobbly level.

You can take food in but not alcohol. They will be happy to let you use the tables.

They stop serving food an hour before pool close. When we are here the pool usually closes around 10 or 11pm, so last food orders will be around an hour before that.

You can take food in but not alcohol. They will be happy to let you use the tables.

They stop serving food an hour before pool close. When we are here the pool usually closes around 10 or 11pm, so last food orders will be around an hour before that.

Ok - that explains better why I was seeing some irratated people. In February the pool closed at 9:00, so they must have been cutting off service at 8:00, which was when some people were trickling back from the parks.

Thank you both so much. I think this will mostly be for lunchtime, but I'll check the pool hours when I get there in case we decide we want to do this for dinner time.

I just booked at RPR for the first time. We are going the first week of October for 4 nights. It’s a water view room. Where can I expect the room to be? Are there any requests I should make? I’ve stayed at Hard Rock before, but RPR is new for us.

Water views are of the pool or water canal

All 3 towers have water view rooms

Tower 2 has less water views than the other towers 1 and 3

Your dates are in my stay period !

Checked in today - can report that the lobby appears to be intact with no construction ongoing. Orchids was serving sushi and the lounge was open this evening.

If I was not comparing to Disney I would think this was a fantastic property - the jury is still out. We’ve only been here 5 hours. So far everything is nice. Bed is super comfy!!

Checked in today - can report that the lobby appears to be intact with no construction ongoing. Orchids was serving sushi and the lounge was open this evening.

If I was not comparing to Disney I would think this was a fantastic property - the jury is still out. We’ve only been here 5 hours. So far everything is nice. Bed is super comfy!!

Yep, it’s only behind the scenes right now that’s being done. Offices and such.

Orchids was lovely when we were there.

It will be temporarily relocated to the private dining area in Islands when the refurb does begin properly.

I'll be curious to hear your final verdict. Its almost impossible to not compare.

Some of the new snacks during the midday snack time in the Club Lounge...…..

No more open dishes with trail mix, Goldfish and chips.....looks so much better than before and there are more options for those that are in need of "free from" products. Although speak to staff as to exactly what the products contain.

We tried the honey coated nuts and a pack of vegetable chips......lovely!!!

i-LTNgBDb-XL.jpg

i-ttftdPn-XL.jpg

i-mzd858G-XL.jpg

i-pRj2NWj-XL.jpg

i-KR3LzVc-XL.jpg

i-ftpSktC-XL.jpg

We checked in today - like BlueFairy, I can report no signs seen of construction. My family hadn't been to RPR before and were very impressed.

We spent the day Harry Pottering and thoroughly exhausted ourselves. I'm enjoying a wonderful Maui Sunset Colada by the pool. Tonight we decided to get tickets to the Mardi Gras dessert party thing, so we can see the parade and water show with less stress. Having a great trip so far!

We checked in today - like BlueFairy, I can report no signs seen of construction. My family hadn't been to RPR before and were very impressed.

We spent the day Harry Pottering and thoroughly exhausted ourselves. I'm enjoying a wonderful Maui Sunset Colada by the pool. Tonight we decided to get tickets to the Mardi Gras dessert party thing, so we can see the parade and water show with less stress. Having a great trip so far!
We did the same thing today. Exhausted every nook and cranny of WW. Then some Mardi Gras food before a great curbside view of the parade. The parade saved our night. We were dragging. Back at the room now. The shower is amazing! Can’t wait to get into our pjs!

I'll be curious to hear your final verdict. Its almost impossible to not compare.
This is so hard. I really missed the immersive aspect of a WDW deluxe while we were here. But in general this was a great resort. Checkin was fast and easy. Staff was really great (checkout staff was having a bad day). Beds and shower were amazing. Like the makeup mirror, the keurig. Pool was really delightful. Ate twice at Bula pool bar and all food was very good. The grounds are beautiful. All the services are concentrated in 1 area on ground level which makes things easy. Bar service at Jakes was very good. Boat to/from parks was seamless and only a tad slow at 1 time during the morning.

There were little tiny oopsies here and there that I just really noticed - ran out of baggage carts at checkin. Can't buy a bottle of wine for your room anywhere in the hotel. Signs everywhere that you can't carry alcohol from pool bar outside of pool fence (like, not even to my room? weird). Very limited fast options for food. NONE for lunch or dinner. DH tried to order at bar at Orchids and was ignored. Finally gave up. Pool service was attentive, but very slow. We spent all day yesterday by the pool and the server was wonderful, but they are just overwhelmed. Not enough staffing to keep up with the towels and empty plates/beverages piling up everywhere. I do not like the sliding door for the bathroom. This doesn't work for families who are trying to let each other sleep or have some privacy in the restroom. Missed having a table with 2 chairs rather than the desk. If you are sensitive to noise - ask for high room facing away from the pool. I was assured that our ground level room behind some foliage would be quiet, but I could hear the music till pool closing at 11pm. Not really a party, just bass noise. Also, the halls are long and echo and guests are not polite about this, especially on ground floor near elevators. Bell services got busy and forgot to retrieve our luggage while we were waiting to depart for airport.

That's my honest evaluation. I would stay again for the right price IF we go back to Universal. Not sure that will happen. We thought the parks were great but I just don't think they hold the appeal for our family to merit repeat visits. Not stacked against WDW I would recommend RPR to anyone wanting a high end hotel stay, particularly couples. I think most of my little issues come down to being picky or a learning curve with things that could be avoided next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts