ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Hello! I have what i am assuming is a question that has been asked, but I did search and can't find anything. We have only ever stayed at HHR but RPR is actually a little cheaper for our dates. I have read a few things about privacy with the bathroom door. I don't understand what the door is like. It will be myself, my 15 yr old son and my parents in the room so privacy is necessary. Can someone give me a better idea what the door "issue" is all about? I would go with HHR if it is better for our group to feel comfortable. HELP! Thank you :flower:

Hello! I have what i am assuming is a question that has been asked, but I did search and can't find anything. We have only ever stayed at HHR but RPR is actually a little cheaper for our dates. I have read a few things about privacy with the bathroom door. I don't understand what the door is like. It will be myself, my 15 yr old son and my parents in the room so privacy is necessary. Can someone give me a better idea what the door "issue" is all about? I would go with HHR if it is better for our group to feel comfortable. HELP! Thank you :flower:

It’s a sliding door, so it doesn’t give a complete seal like a swinging door when closed. The door is slightly wider than the doorway, so there shouldn’t be any visible gaps if completely closed.

There should be no issue with privacy. My last stay had me and four females in the room and we had no problems.

Did you use a rollaway bed or air mattress for the 5th person? Wondering the best option for space.
Yeah, we had the rollaway bed which an 8 year old slept in.

The rest of us were adults/teenagers but I never felt that we were squashed or in each other's way too much. Obviously at 'getting read to go out' time, there was a bit of chaos but nothing that we couldn't manage.

This is the picture of the door open.

It is see through as in you can make out a vague shape, but nothing too personal if that was a concern. It slides over to close with no gaps but doesn't close the way a regular door closes.

Privacy isn't an issue for us, together 30 years so no surprises there :D, and even when our son is with us it`s fine. But, you can hear quite clearly. May be an issue of you were sharing a room with a non family member you weren't totally comfortable with.

i-CBhFdWn-XL.jpg

We have decide to keep our reservation there. I am just glad to know in advance! So thank you again for the information! We are excited to stay here!

Glad to hear it...…..:thumbsup2

RPR is a fabulous hotel, and I know they`ll make sure this area is as nice a space to be in while the refurb is ongoing.

This is the picture of the door open.

It is see through as in you can make out a vague shape, but nothing too personal if that was a concern. It slides over to close with no gaps but doesn't close the way a regular door closes.

Privacy isn't an issue for us, together 30 years so no surprises there :D, and even when our son is with us it`s fine. But, you can hear quite clearly. May be an issue of you were sharing a room with a non family member you weren't totally comfortable with.

i-CBhFdWn-XL.jpg

That’s odd. I remember the door on my visit being on the sink side. But I might be thinking of Sapphire Falls.

Yes, her picture has the door inside the bathroom, but the room I remember had the door on the outside.

You’ve got me wondering now..........:D

I don’t think I have any pictures of a regular room at Sapphire to compare........we have only stayed in the Sapphire Suite where the door leads from the bedroom into main bathroom.

Yes, her picture has the door inside the bathroom, but the room I remember had the door on the outside.

At RPR, I only recall the door going into the toilet/bath area except for last room we stayed at which was an accessible room and so the whole bathroom was contained by one door. From the videos I've seen of Sapphire, their doors are between the sink and toilet/bath area as well. The reason for this is to allow someone to be getting ready at the sink while someone else is showering or using the toilet. Cabana Bay has doors outside the entire bath like Portofino.

I watched my video of my RPR stay in May, and the sliding was inside of the bathroom. Unfortunately, I didn’t have video of the bathroom during my SF stay in February, but I remember something falling off the sink area and blocking the door from fully opening.

Thanks so much guys! The picture helped me "picture" what the door was all about. AND Schumigirl that is a great explanation of what to expect with the door. Again, you guys are the best!

Thanks so much guys! The picture helped me "picture" what the door was all about. AND Schumigirl that is a great explanation of what to expect with the door. Again, you guys are the best!

You are so welcome...…..

I hope you have the best time on your trip...…..

I have a question about Bell services- We are going to check in in time for the early entry and leave our luggage with bell services if our room isn't ready. When we come back from the park, will they take our luggage up to the room for us or will we have to stop back and pick it up ourselves? Will they take it up as soon as our room is ready while we are at the park or do we have to go back to the lobby when we return and request it to be taken up?

I have a question about Bell services- We are going to check in in time for the early entry and leave our luggage with bell services if our room isn't ready. When we come back from the park, will they take our luggage up to the room for us or will we have to stop back and pick it up ourselves? Will they take it up as soon as our room is ready while we are at the park or do we have to go back to the lobby when we return and request it to be taken up?

They usually take it up to the room as soon as it becomes available.

If they are incredibly busy it could sometimes be that they may not have got around to it, depends how soon you come back.

But, usually first chance they get it’ll be in your room.

Once you are in your room, or receive the text your room is ready, call and request your luggage be brought to your room

In all my stays at rpr, I have never had my luggage delivered to my room automatically once the room was assigned unless I have contacted them after I received the text

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter