ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

So we stayed at Royal Pacific from Sun-Thurs following the OI meetup. We had stayed at RP once before and I had not been super impressed. I will report this time was much better. Our experience with the TM’s, the TukTuk Market, etc were all much better this time around. We had a 2 queen bedroom, had space for a single air mattress for my youngest dd to sleep on. She and the older fight over covers and space, so it’s better they sleep apart.

Pros: Water Taxi’s - covered waiting area, prox to the parks, atmosphere

Cons: Bathroom door -I absolutely hate the sliding bathroom doors. They do not offer enough privacy for a family. You can hear everything, esp if you are trying to get ready at the sink.

We also heard the showers turning on and off next door, and the housekeeping staff in the rooms and hallways. Seemed extra loud this time around.

Would I stay again? Probably..but my fav is still Hard Rock.

So we stayed at Royal Pacific from Sun-Thurs following the OI meetup. We had stayed at RP once before and I had not been super impressed. I will report this time was much better. Our experience with the TM’s, the TukTuk Market, etc were all much better this time around. We had a 2 queen bedroom, had space for a single air mattress for my youngest dd to sleep on. She and the older fight over covers and space, so it’s better they sleep apart.

Pros: Water Taxi’s - covered waiting area, prox to the parks, atmosphere

Cons: Bathroom door -I absolutely hate the sliding bathroom doors. They do not offer enough privacy for a family. You can hear everything, esp if you are trying to get ready at the sink.

We also heard the showers turning on and off next door, and the housekeeping staff in the rooms and hallways. Seemed extra loud this time around.

Would I stay again? Probably..but my fav is still Hard Rock.
Hey, we just did that Sunday night there too! might've been neighbors. ha!
We hadn't stayed at RP since 2016, and I also think I prefer Hard Rock, but I did really enjoy the stay at RP this time. I think it might be tied now with HR for the tops. The beds were SO comfortable. Kinda firm, but we liked that.
We were wondering how an air mattress or similar would fit. Where did y'all put it? at the foot of the bed, or in between the 2? I also hated that sliding door for the bathroom. Could it even lock? i did like the overall layout of the bathroom though. lots of space.
I so wish we'd had more than 1 night to really enjoy more of the resort. Maybe next time! Glad y'all had a good stay.

Hey, we just did that Sunday night there too! might've been neighbors. ha!
We hadn't stayed at RP since 2016, and I also think I prefer Hard Rock, but I did really enjoy the stay at RP this time. I think it might be tied now with HR for the tops. The beds were SO comfortable. Kinda firm, but we liked that.
We were wondering how an air mattress or similar would fit. Where did y'all put it? at the foot of the bed, or in between the 2? I also hated that sliding door for the bathroom. Could it even lock? i did like the overall layout of the bathroom though. lots of space.
I so wish we'd had more than 1 night to really enjoy more of the resort. Maybe next time! Glad y'all had a good stay.
The beds were pretty good, I just wish I had a better pillow option LOL We put the air mattress at the end of the bed by the window, so it was between the bed and desk area. It fits, snuggly, lol but worked! I do not think the door locks, just a slide and close. The space is better at RP for bathroom but I like that HR has 2 sinks! lol Glad you guys had a good night! If we can't get HR, we would stay at RP again. I do want to try Portifino one day as well.

Looking for info on available storage space in the RP rooms (two queens water view, to be specific, as that's what we booked). We're a family of 5, so have a lot of STUFF, including clothes, luggage, stroller, etc. We will also be adding a mat on the floor for my son to sleep on, so that is going to take up room too.

Is there a good place to stash the luggage (like under bed storage for example or another good nook or cranny to pile them up)? Exactly how many drawers are in the room for storing clothes? My husband likes to get unpacked at hotels, so I'm hoping that there's at least four-five separate drawers to get unpacked. Is there a clothesline or another good place for drying wet swimsuits?

Any other input on how to organize the room with a large family will be appreciated! Thank you!

Looking for info on available storage space in the RP rooms (two queens water view, to be specific, as that's what we booked). We're a family of 5, so have a lot of STUFF, including clothes, luggage, stroller, etc. We will also be adding a mat on the floor for my son to sleep on, so that is going to take up room too.

Is there a good place to stash the luggage (like under bed storage for example or another good nook or cranny to pile them up)? Exactly how many drawers are in the room for storing clothes? My husband likes to get unpacked at hotels, so I'm hoping that there's at least four-five separate drawers to get unpacked. Is there a clothesline or another good place for drying wet swimsuits?

Any other input on how to organize the room with a large family will be appreciated! Thank you!

I had to go back to 2015 to find a refurbished Queen room as it`s been a while since we stayed in one.

There isn`t a whole lot of storage. There is no space under the bed at all, I`ve posted a couple of picture of the standard Queen room. There are the six drawers and the doors hold the fridge and coffee maker.

There is a clothesline in the shower for costumes, it`s not huge though. There is a space for luggage by the door.

I`ll be honest, it will be tight with five of you and a lot of stuff too.

i-cVWvtZN-X2.jpg

i-VzksK7f-X2.jpg

i-5PsMcg7-X2.jpg

i-dgNrhRS-X2.jpg

We were just in a RP room with two queens last week. It was tight. We’re 2 adults and 2 teens but packed for an 18 day vacation. We also had a teen on an air mattress on the floor.

Not gonna lie, it was pretty small. We moved the chairs to the space by the front door to make room for the air mattress. The suitcases were constantly in the way. It’s was fine for just several nights though.

We moved to the Swan Reserve in a suite and it’s SO much better. If you’re there a long time you may want to ask about storing empty suitcases elsewhere. And if you don’t already have packing cubes, I’d get some.

Hi Friend,
We stay here often and always seem to overpack especially during Halloween.

I recommend:
For wet swim suits, after you wash them, squeeze out access water, place on dry clean towel and roll it up. You can twist it or place the roll on the tile and step on it. Both options will remove significant water. Place on hanger to dry using command hooks.

Hope this helps! Have a great trip! :hug:

And if you don’t already have packing cubes, I’d get some.
I agree packing cubes are great. Though we don't use them the way they're intended.
We pack two outfits in them which includes socks, underwear, bottoms, tops, bra (for me). At the end of the day and a good shower, outfit #2 goes on the counter and the dirty outfit gets folded inside out and placed back in the cubes.

I've read some peeps with smaller kids use large freezer bags instead of packing cubes which absolutely makes sense to me.

I had to go back to 2015 to find a refurbished Queen room as it`s been a while since we stayed in one.

There isn`t a whole lot of storage. There is no space under the bed at all, I`ve posted a couple of picture of the standard Queen room. There are the six drawers and the doors hold the fridge and coffee maker.

There is a clothesline in the shower for costumes, it`s not huge though. There is a space for luggage by the door.

I`ll be honest, it will be tight with five of you and a lot of stuff too.
Thanks for the info and for the extra pictures! I'm glad to hear there are at least six drawers for us to put our clothes in, even if the room will be tight otherwise. It's certainly helped to know that so that we can plan and pack accordingly. We tend to be pretty low-maintenance when it comes to our hotel accommodations, so I'm sure we'll be able to make it work with some planning!

We were just in a RP room with two queens last week. It was tight. We’re 2 adults and 2 teens but packed for an 18 day vacation. We also had a teen on an air mattress on the floor.

Not gonna lie, it was pretty small. We moved the chairs to the space by the front door to make room for the air mattress. The suitcases were constantly in the way. It’s was fine for just several nights though.

We moved to the Swan Reserve in a suite and it’s SO much better. If you’re there a long time you may want to ask about storing empty suitcases elsewhere. And if you don’t already have packing cubes, I’d get some.
I got some packing cubes for our Disney trip last summer and love them! Don't know how I did without them on previous trips. 😆

We are only there for 4 nights and tend to be pretty low maintenance when it comes to hotels, so I'm sure we can make it work! It'll just be good to expect that it will be tight for planning and packing purposes!

Hi Friend,
We stay here often and always seem to overpack especially during Halloween.

I recommend:
For wet swim suits, after you wash them, squeeze out access water, place on dry clean towel and roll it up. You can twist it or place the roll on the tile and step on it. Both options will remove significant water. Place on hanger to dry using command hooks.

Hope this helps! Have a great trip! :hug:
Thanks for the insight and tips, we will surely use some of them! We are very excited to visit Universal for the first time! 🙂

As mentioned RP rooms are the smallest and you will be cramped. Have you looked at Portofino Bay? They have the largest rooms and some good pricing as the resort is doing exterior renovations. Depending on your dates, rooms at Portofino are only $10 more a night. Just a thought.

As mentioned RP rooms are the smallest and you will be cramped. Have you looked at Portofino Bay? They have the largest rooms and some good pricing as the resort is doing exterior renovations. Depending on your dates, rooms at Portofino are only $10 more a night. Just a thought.
A very good idea! RPR and PBH are my favorite resorts. If I had that many people, I would definitely book PBH.

We pretty much wrote off PB since being able to walk to the park was a priority for us. Between HRH and RP, RP was quite a bit cheaper and we liked the atmosphere more. Plus, I'm traveling with other family members who are staying at RP, so I think it's unlikely we're going to move at this point. Just wanting to plan for how to best utilize space in the room.

Looking at square footage, we stayed in a 5th sleeper at Caribbean Beach (Disney) last year which was 314 sq ft compared to RP's 335 sq ft. Caribbean Beach was a little tight, but overall fine, we would definitely stay there again. Does RP's room layout make it that much worse?

We pretty much wrote off PB since being able to walk to the park was a priority for us. Between HRH and RP, RP was quite a bit cheaper and we liked the atmosphere more. Plus, I'm traveling with other family members who are staying at RP, so I think it's unlikely we're going to move at this point. Just wanting to plan for how to best utilize space in the room.

Looking at square footage, we stayed in a 5th sleeper at Caribbean Beach (Disney) last year which was 314 sq ft compared to RP's 335 sq ft. Caribbean Beach was a little tight, but overall fine, we would definitely stay there again. Does RP's room layout make it that much worse?
We liked our stay at RP but haven’t stayed with 5 Since it’s a mat you may be able to put it down near desk and foot of bed? Move desk chair. CBR is different as their 5th sleeper takes over dresser space.
you should be ok as mat can be rolled up during day when not in use. You’ll have to get creative with storage! Maybe pack lighter. Are you going in warm months? At least summer clothing takes less space. There is the laundry string in bathroom to hang wet stuff.
To pack lighter I will bring laundry soap and do a wash with light weight clothing in sink.

The most I have in room is 2 or 3 if I go with both adult daughters but these days it’s hard to coordinate work schedules. A lot of the time I go with a friend and we have separate rooms. I’ve stored luggage between bed and wall, in closet…where ever I can find an Empty corner. Along hall to door.
RP is beautiful. I’m looking forward to our Aug stay.

A very good idea! RPR and PBH are my favorite resorts. If I had that many people, I would definitely book PBH.
Yes, PB has excellent deal right now. Tempting. If I didn’t have my last 2 or 3 stays there, last being March, I’d probably book PB. But oldest hasn’t been to RP and I haven’t in awhile. Last time was with youngest and daughter coming hasn’t been and
wants to go. So RP it is!

Although I prefer RP over PB, one other thing to consider is that RP has a sliding door for the toilet/shower area while PB has a regular door. So in my opinion, PB’s bathrooms offers more privacy. Not a big deal for just a couple with the sliding bathroom door, but it might become a big deal for a family of 5.

Although I prefer RP over PB, one other thing to consider is that RP has a sliding door for the toilet/shower area while PB has a regular door. So in my opinion, PB’s bathrooms offers more privacy. Not a big deal for just a couple with the sliding bathroom door, but it might become a big deal for a family of 5.
Luckily (unluckily???) My children and husband have no concept of privacy or personal space. So, this is pretty much a non-issue for us at the moment. Maybe when they are teenagers! 😆

I called yesterday to pay off the rest of my resort stay for November. I have a room only booked. They are sending me a link to pay off the rest of it. They do not take payment over the phone if it’s just a room only does this sound correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter