ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Hey good people of Royal Pacific informedness!
We are all set to arrive for 5 nights Club Level over Christmas.
We have never been to Universal before, and are travelling from the UK
Me, DH, and DS 16 and DD 9
My daughter has BIG plans to get a *real* magic wand, and to meet some Minions
My son is just happy to be going somewhere new
We have booked Toothsome for Christmas Day Lunch
and Big Fire for Boxing Day tea (26th)
We want to try lots of the counter service food options and of course we have Club Level, so, we don't want to go crazy booking big meals.
All the refillable drinks options are somewhat confusing (but maybe with Club level won't need to worry - especially since we also want to try some of the signature drinks in the parks)
DH has significant health issues
The Express Passes are one of the reasons for booking RP
But I would love to hear people's recommendations. What should we absolutely not miss while we are there?
ETA - We've never done Club Level before so, even though I have read up, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, we might not be fancy enough!

Glad to hear you have RP booked, and you`ll love Club Level.

There`s no such thing as not being fancy enough for any of the hotels, they`re very family friendly and you`ll feel very comfortable in the lounge. The staff in there are all amazing and will make you very welcome each time you go in. Bottled water and cans of soda are always available to you outside of service times as are teas and coffee.

Even with EP, Christmas is one of the busiest times and EP lines will be longer than they usually are, no getting away from it.

Don`t miss anything with The Grinch.......The Red and Green Coconut Club in Citywalk is a fun place that is themed for Christmas.......don`t miss the Castle night show in IOA and the Parade in the Studios, none of them should be missed.

Although you have Club Level, have a good look through the menu`s on this thread, there are some lovely places to try around the parks, hotels and Citywalk both table service and counter service too.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...do-including-menus-updated-regularly.2681315/

Hope you have an amazing trip.......

Glad to hear you have RP booked, and you`ll love Club Level.

There`s no such thing as not being fancy enough for any of the hotels, they`re very family friendly and you`ll feel very comfortable in the lounge. The staff in there are all amazing and will make you very welcome each time you go in. Bottled water and cans of soda are always available to you outside of service times as are teas and coffee.

Even with EP, Christmas is one of the busiest times and EP lines will be longer than they usually are, no getting away from it.

Don`t miss anything with The Grinch.......The Red and Green Coconut Club in Citywalk is a fun place that is themed for Christmas.......don`t miss the Castle night show in IOA and the Parade in the Studios, none of them should be missed.

Although you have Club Level, have a good look through the menu`s on this thread, there are some lovely places to try around the parks, hotels and Citywalk both table service and counter service too.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...do-including-menus-updated-regularly.2681315/

Hope you have an amazing trip.......
Thank you! I will be keeping an eye out for Grinch things as my daughter is a fan, this is really helpful, thanks again

Hey good people of Royal Pacific informedness!
We are all set to arrive for 5 nights Club Level over Christmas.
We have never been to Universal before, and are travelling from the UK
Me, DH, and DS 16 and DD 9
My daughter has BIG plans to get a *real* magic wand, and to meet some Minions
My son is just happy to be going somewhere new
We have booked Toothsome for Christmas Day Lunch
and Big Fire for Boxing Day tea (26th)
We want to try lots of the counter service food options and of course we have Club Level, so, we don't want to go crazy booking big meals.
All the refillable drinks options are somewhat confusing (but maybe with Club level won't need to worry - especially since we also want to try some of the signature drinks in the parks)
DH has significant health issues
The Express Passes are one of the reasons for booking RP
But I would love to hear people's recommendations. What should we absolutely not miss while we are there?
ETA - We've never done Club Level before so, even though I have read up, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, we might not be fancy enough!
If you do a youtube search of Royal Pacific Resort there are lots of walkthrough videos available and in a couple of them they go into the club lounge and there are people in there in their PJ's so I really don't think you need to worry about being fancy enough LOL

If you do a youtube search of Royal Pacific Resort there are lots of walkthrough videos available and in a couple of them they go into the club lounge and there are people in there in their PJ's so I really don't think you need to worry about being fancy enough LOL
This is reassuring, you never know when an emergency cup of tea might be required!

This is our first time at RP and Universal Orlando. We have been to Universal in CA before. We are staying 4 nights during Christmas 1 King Bed Water View (no club level access). We prefer a higher floor. Any recommendation on Tower or Room location for best pool/water view? Not sure where the standard king water view rooms are located. Thanks!

This is our first time at RP and Universal Orlando. We have been to Universal in CA before. We are staying 4 nights during Christmas 1 King Bed Water View (no club level access). We prefer a higher floor. Any recommendation on Tower or Room location for best pool/water view? Not sure where the standard king water view rooms are located. Thanks!

Ask for a high floor in T3.

From the 6th floor you`ll see the pool and some park views too, lower floors can be blocked a little by trees and foliage.

Ask for a high floor in T3.

From the 6th floor you`ll see the pool and some park views too, lower floors can be blocked a little by trees and foliage.
Great! Thank you so much for the tip! We arrive very late on Christmas day (after 9:30 pm or so)..Should I call or email ahead of time to make the request as I am not sure what the availability will be during this busy time and checking in late

Great! Thank you so much for the tip! We arrive very late on Christmas day (after 9:30 pm or so)..Should I call or email ahead of time to make the request as I am not sure what the availability will be during this busy time and checking in late

I`d call now and have your request added to your reservation, then 5 days out, call again to just to reiterate the request.

Hope you get what you want, yes, it is a busy time then.

We had another great stay at RPR. I do think the rooms are starting to show some wear and tear (normal and expected).

The luau was so FUN! But I do think that if you aren’t an adventurous eater or unwilling to eat from the kids’ buffet you may want to rethink it.
It was great quality food, just maybe not for my family’s taste buds.

The show was great! It was beautiful, but not very informative. This was more of a fun luau and not a cultural experience like some are.

The only thing that dampened it was the large corporate Christmas party we were sharing the resort with that week (including the luau). They were definitely enjoying the adult beverages all week, and were being extra. Not a big deal but noticed.

We had another great stay at RPR. I do think the rooms are starting to show some wear and tear (normal and expected).

The luau was so FUN! But I do think that if you aren’t an adventurous eater or unwilling to eat from the kids’ buffet you may want to rethink it.
It was great quality food, just maybe not for my family’s taste buds.

The show was great! It was beautiful, but not very informative. This was more of a fun luau and not a cultural experience like some are.

The only thing that dampened it was the large corporate Christmas party we were sharing the resort with that week (including the luau). They were definitely enjoying the adult beverages all week, and were being extra. Not a big deal but noticed.

Glad you had such a lovely time, yes the Luau food isn`t for folks that might be fussy or unadventurous. I did like it`s simplicity but I`ve never gone to any others to compare.

Corporate folks are the worst!! I detest being in a bar or restaurant when they`re around too, conventions and conferences bring out the worst in some folks.

2016 the rooms were last refurbed, so yes, some will have wear and tear now for sure.

When`s the next trip now.......:thumbsup2

Glad you had such a lovely time, yes the Luau food isn`t for folks that might be fussy or unadventurous. I did like it`s simplicity but I`ve never gone to any others to compare.

Corporate folks are the worst!! I detest being in a bar or restaurant when they`re around too, conventions and conferences bring out the worst in some folks.

2016 the rooms were last refurbed, so yes, some will have wear and tear now for sure.

When`s the next trip now.......:thumbsup2
Disney in August! We’re staying at the Poly so we can compare the Polynesian vibes!

Fantastic!!

The Poly is somewhere we plan to visit purely for cocktails!!! Heard so many good reports, but we never seem to get round to it.
We’re doing Poly club level for my bucket list trip. We’ve had a rough year, our Universal vacation wasn’t without its own problems (not vacation related) and we need this redo so we are looking forward to it!

Standard rotation of foods at RP club level.
Is there still a standard rotation of ethnic foods ? Sunday-Asian Monday-Italian etc ?
Does anyone know the current rotation?

When you are booked for Club level are you normally placed on the 7 th floor of tower 3? Or do they place you anywhere in T3 and you have to elevator up or down to it?
Also, do you feel like it’s too crowded in the lounge or is it constantly refreshed with items?
Past CL stays at other resorts in the past have been jam packed and everything was not replenished very often. So I am really curious how RP is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter