• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Hi all, hubby and I will be staying tomorrow at Royal Pacific... We are taking advantage of the express pass so flying in late tomorrow and sleeping there and then getting up early for Universal. I might have missed it but does anyone know what park is open early this Monday? I believe we get to be in one of the parks an hour before? We've never been to Universal so super new at all of this. Thanks

Download the app if you can it will also help with wait times I’ve attached a screenshot of what I see

Attachments

• 50023593-BCDC-428D-8C22-744CF2CE1D54.png
    50023593-BCDC-428D-8C22-744CF2CE1D54.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 23
3600 is the king suite I stay at
High floor faces the pool
Close to the elevator
Hi Macraven, our family of 4 (wife and DDs 14 and 16) are staying in a King Suite at RP this Christmas break. As you are an expert in all things Universal, I was wondering if you could let me know what attracts you to room 3600? Besides views of the pool does it have park views? Do you by any chance have any pics of the views from the room?

As a bit of background, our family has been going exclusively to Universal the past 7 years after leaving the Disney bubble and never looking back. We've stayed at PB and HR 3X each, and after our last trip in February visited RP before returning home and our girls immediately fell in love with the theming. Our family is so excited to experience an entire new part area of the Universal resorts we have never explored before.

Thank you as always!

Since I usually travel solo, I prefer being closer to the elevators and be in the first hallway

It is about halfway down the first aisle for the room Iocation

Room I prefer has a good view of the pool without obstruction
I never go in the pool but just look at the pool
Lol

The RP lobby is beautiful!
Their rooms have less sq footage than HR.
King suite should be fine but the sleeper sofa might be a tad cozy if both your daughters share it

I booked the king suite when I took my adult son on one of my vacations
I did call star service for extra blankets to pad the sleeper sofa as it made for a better sleep for son
(The mattress on it was too thin and needed additional padding)

Hope you enjoy RP as much as I do!

I do like there are two onsite hotel eateries
Jakes which is open late hours and Island Dining room gives me options for the hotel meals

(Islands does not have the late dining that Jakes has)

I posted this question on the SF thread as well but we arrive next Wednesday, 3 nights SF then 3 or 4( trying to weasel an additional night in last min) at RPR, is there luggage assistance for when we swap resorts or would we have to basically walk it there ourselves? TiA

I posted this question on the SF thread as well but we arrive next Wednesday, 3 nights SF then 3 or 4( trying to weasel an additional night in last min) at RPR, is there luggage assistance for when we swap resorts or would we have to basically walk it there ourselves? TiA

Maybe someone who has been recently will chime in.

They used to move you from Sapphire to one of the Premier hotels, but since the pandemic we get told differing experiences.

If you do want to walk, follow the internal path through the convention then ballroom area.....it doesn`t take long at all and takes you out at what used to be Tchoup Chop.

When you go we`d love you to let us know what your experience was :)

They used to move you from Sapphire to one of the Premier hotels, but since the pandemic we get told differing experiences.

If you do want to walk, follow the internal path through the convention then ballroom area.....it doesn`t take long at all and takes you out at what used to be Tchoup Chop.

In May, we had to walk from RP to SF. Short walk, but we had a lot of luggage to transfer. Fortunately, my sister and her husband helped us move. We also cut across the road next to the meeting rooms instead of taking the path under that road along the water’s edge. That cut a few steps off our walk.

In May, we had to walk from RP to SF. Short walk, but we had a lot of luggage to transfer. Fortunately, my sister and her husband helped us move. We also cut across the road next to the meeting rooms instead of taking the path under that road along the water’s edge. That cut a few steps off our walk.

Glad you got some help with the luggage.

We tend to stay inside the whole way from one to the other, it`s air conditioned ::yes:: well, it is until we come out at Tchoup Chop.

Thank you, I realized last night the two are in fact connected indoors which will help if we need to move ourselves. Will def report back - it is the actual day of our 1 year anniversary so a little luggage move won't matter much, esp after sleeping in and doing room service first.

Thank you, I realized last night the two are in fact connected indoors which will help if we need to move ourselves. Will def report back - it is the actual day of our 1 year anniversary so a little luggage move won't matter much, esp after sleeping in and doing room service first.

We do that walk more times than I care to think about every trip heading usually to and from Strong Water Bar ::yes:: .......it doesn`t take long at all to go between both hotels and you have elevators for going up level as well as escalators.

Sounds lovely with room service food first, definitely a nice way to start your anniversary.......:)

We do that walk more times than I care to think about every trip heading usually to and from Strong Water Bar ::yes:: .......it doesn`t take long at all to go between both hotels and you have elevators for going up level as well as escalators.

Sounds lovely with room service food first, definitely a nice way to start your anniversary.......:)
The main reason for splitting our stay (aside from a nice savings) was I loved SF just by walking thru it last trip... so I wanted to stay there and we totally missed SWT so I plan to be there often.... I am sure the walks back from there seem much easier :)

Just finished our stay at RP. Gotta say I was a little disappointed. Avoid room 3623, it is right under the club lounge and at 630am they start moving chairs and it is impossible to sleep after that ruckus starts. (Avoid 3621 for the same reason.) the toilet ran off and on all night (and day) and the bed was not comfy at all.
Maybe my expectations for the King Club room was too high 🙁

Just finished our stay at RP. Gotta say I was a little disappointed. Avoid room 3623, it is right under the club lounge and at 630am they start moving chairs and it is impossible to sleep after that ruckus starts. (Avoid 3621 for the same reason.) the toilet ran off and on all night (and day) and the bed was not comfy at all.
Maybe my expectations for the King Club room was too high 🙁

That`s such a shame, I`m sorry to hear that.

I have heard that said of the rooms under the lounge before, that it can be noisy with chairs being moved around.

Did you ask them to move you....I know that`s not always easy or what you want to do, but sometimes it`s an option.

Again, sorry you were disappointed with your stay.

Is it common to be put on the 6th floor under the lounge if you reserved a king club room? We are there in early December with a king Club room and now I am a little worried as I am a light sleeper to begin with.

Not sure how common it is. First time there. We did complain, but with only having 2 nights there, moving was going to take time and hubby didn’t want to waste park time. We complained when we checked out also. Gave our suggestion for felt coverings on the chair feet. They apologized, but really not much else.

Is it common to be put on the 6th floor under the lounge if you reserved a king club room? We are there in early December with a king Club room and now I am a little worried as I am a light sleeper to begin with.

If it`s busy they can put you on the 6th or we`ve know one family be on the 5th floor one year in March when MG was on.

We always have the 6th floor as we prefer it over the 7th. Our room previous years was a King Suite though. You can add to your reservation you`d prefer the 7th floor.

I see a check box for "High Floor" under preferences when I look at my reservation. Is there a spot where I can specifically request a floor? Would I have to contact the hotel for that request?

I see a check box for "High Floor" under preferences when I look at my reservation. Is there a spot where I can specifically request a floor? Would I have to contact the hotel for that request?

Sorry, I have no idea about the form for reservations, but yes, contact the hotel directly, not the reservation line and put the request in for the 7th floor.

You probably will be on the 7th floor, but a request won`t do any harm.

I would call and request floor 7 where the club is. It’s convenient and you won’t be under it :-)

Home from a 5 night stay at RP, we were in tower 3, floor 4 and at the end of the hall looking out at the pool. It was great to walk down the steps and be right near the boat/path. We could hear a little of the pool music, but it was over early and not at all annoying. Our room was clean, fridge was cold and we received texts asking if we needed light housekeeping.

The pool was nice and heated and the service from Bula was quick and easy with QR codes.

We also had takeout Pizza from Jakes and it was ready on time, hot and more than enough food for four ($50 for two big pizzas and truffle fries isn't terrible IMO for a hotel restaurant).

We had no issues at the hotel and service at the store and TukTuk were great and efficient. I was worried reading this board (about more than RP), but we had a great time from checkin to the time we left. Checkin took 5 minutes tops and there was no line (4pm on a Saturday).

You can do it at the ticket booths, any guest service locations in either park or even the vacation centers at the hotels can upgrade you too.
Does this work the same as it does at Disney? For example, can you start your trip using regular tickets and then upgrade to an annual pass by the last day of your ticket? Does full ticket value get applied to annual pass upgrade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter