• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Who's Planning On Going?

Roundup Rodeo BBQ - Are you going to try an get an ADR?

• Yes - March or April

Votes: 32 10.6%
  • Yes - May

Votes: 55 18.2%
  • Yes - June

Votes: 46 15.2%
  • Yes - July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Yes - August

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • Yes - September

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Yes - October

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - November

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Yes - December

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • No - I will not try to get an ADR for this restaurant this year.

Votes: 76 25.2%

• Total voters
Btw, the BEST mac-n-cheese, on Disney property is at 8-Spoon Cafe, in the Animal Kingdom. It's just a FF walk-by really.
Great to know - my DD19 loves loves loves Mac-n-Cheese :love:

We went for lunch today and absolutely loved it. Everything was seasoned well, and flavorful. I got the allergy friendly menu but our server let me know literally the only thing they had with tree nuts was the cauliflower on the plant based platter. For sides we got the corn, fried pickles, roasted veggies and tots. All were amazing. We also found that the 2 person portions were not over the top, though we didn’t finish it all. I got the chocolate silk pie and my gf the peach strawberry, we both loved them. Very glad we came, the food plus fun atmosphere were worth it. One tip our server gave was to mix some of the pepper jelly with the sweet bbq sauce and put it on the brisket and it was great.

No AP discount as of yet. It took around 1.5 hours, not rushed at all. In addition to the usual announcements a CM gave some nice remarks for Memorial Day thanking those toys in the “Green Army Corps” that keep us all safe and thanked them for their service. Very cute and in character.

I am happy to see more and more people are enjoying it and they seem to be getting into their groove-definitely now back on our potential list of yes! Thankfully i still have a ways to go before the 60 days to fully make a decision!

The food was pretty decent.........ribs were awful, but the chicken and brisket were REALLY good. I personally thought the sides were the best thing about the dinner IMO. Glad we did it once, and probably will be an every-other-year type of thing for us, rather than a 'must do' for every trip.

The food was pretty decent.........ribs were awful, but the chicken and brisket were REALLY good. I personally thought the sides were the best thing about the dinner IMO. Glad we did it once, and probably will be an every-other-year type of thing for us, rather than a 'must do' for every trip.
Thanks for this post - it’s good to know the chicken is good since this is the only meat my DD19 will want to eat.

Todays our day!!! 🤠
Yea….how fun!!!!
Have a great time and give us a review.

I was just coming here to say we’re leaving tomorrow and our ADR day is Thursday night at 6:50pm. We’re so excited!!!! :yay:

REPORT - went today, early dinner.

Arrived 25 minutes ahead of ADR. Was told to check in 20 minutes before ADR. I did. The courtyard area was PACKED with people, it was hot. One family requested water they said at that point they were 10 minutes past their ADR and had come early. WELL we were seated 15 minutes past our ADR.

Restaurant is really cute, kinda cut in half with one side great lighting, and where we sat by Peep it was blue lighting. So all my pictures are awful with blue hues. No big I guess but I like to have nice pictures from our nicer meals. I should have walked around and taken photos but we didn't wait long for food.

Server excellent. Our food all came out pretty quickly but she never rushed us. We were there 1.5 hours.

Cheddar Biscuits were great. I didn't care for the jelly but I'm not a pepper jelly person. Biscuits moist enough it didn't need anything on them.

Watermelon Salad - was .... watermelon with one small leaf of mint in it. We each had a few pieces because it was hot outside and it was refreshing. But didn't want to waste stomach space on it.

Romaine and Kale - was your basic salad. We ate small bit. Too much dressing so a bit soggy. Apples were quite tart. Normally I'd love that plain but not in a salad. Again ate a small bit.

Tomato Salad - loved it. Finished it all. Cucumber, Onion, dressing all great.

We wanted some cold sides since it was so hot so got the Potato Salad, the Slaw and then the Roasted Vegetables and Fried Pickles.

Pickles were great and gone in a second. We should have ordered more.

Vegetables, liked the selection but they had not been roasted long so even the squash was a bit tough. Broccoli was too tough to cut. Most that went uneaten, would not get again.

Slaw was excellent. A very very light dressing to it so you got lots of the veggie flavors.

Potato Salad - LOVED IT! Gone in a flash.

Salmon. We got two orders because order one was EXCELLENT. DS said he would order that as an entree it was so good. SO we got another. It was a bit fishy. So 50/50 I guess.

MEATS - we told them no sausage because we weren't going to eat it.

Chicken was very good and moist. We ate all the white meat, no one wanted the dark meat.

Ribs, only DS#2 ate those and he said they were good. I think he only left behind one..

Brisket was yummy in the tummy. DS#1 and I finished that off no problem. (it was our only meal of day)

There are three bottles of BBQ sauce on table, Classic, Sweet and Spicy.

DS#2 and I got the Blueberry Cheesecake. We both liked it very much. But if you are a cheesecake purest and don't like them sweet you might not like. Graham base, 1/3 cheesecake, 1/3 blueberry compote and 1/3 a sweet lemon custard (like flan texture).

DS#1 got the Forky Cupcake. It is TINY but the Forky is a cookie stuck in it.

MORE MORE THAN ENOUGH FOOD and the Salmon was the only one we asked seconds for. I would have gladly gotten more but I would have been sick.

Oh, I got the Sweet Ice Tea, a rare item at Disney and it was very good. (not all can make a proper sweet tea including me).

NOTE: Go to the bathroom before you enter. DS#2 went and was gone so long he texted me. Said it was only a couple stalls and one urinal. He said there was a long line ... for a men's room. I did not go so I don't know what ladies was like.

All the antics are really cute, the servers are in to the dancing and all. That part of was fun.

I did ask about the Disney AP Dining Discount and was told Restaurant Management is trying very hard to get it approved but it's being blocked at "corporate" level right now. I'm think it def won't come while we get double discount. Maybe in July.

Last edited:
REPORT - went today, early dinner.

Arrived 25 minutes ahead of ADR. Was told to check in 20 minutes before ADR. I did. The courtyard area was PACKED with people, it was hot. One family requested water they said at that point they were 10 minutes past their ADR and had come early. WELL we were seated 15 minutes past our ADR.

Restaurant is really cute, kinda cut in half with one side great lighting, and where we sat by Peep it was blue lighting. So all my pictures are awful with blue hues. No big I guess but I like to have nice pictures from our nicer meals. I should have walked around and taken photos but we didn't wait long for food.

Server excellent. Our food all came out pretty quickly but she never rushed us. We were there 1.5 hours.

Cheddar Biscuits were great. I didn't care for the jelly but I'm not a pepper jelly person. Biscuits moist enough it didn't need anything on them.

Watermelon Salad - was .... watermelon with one small leaf of mint in it. We each had a few pieces because it was hot outside and it was refreshing. But didn't want to waste stomach space on it.

Romaine and Kale - was your basic salad. We ate small bit. Too much dressing so a bit soggy. Apples were quite tart. Normally I'd love that plain but not in a salad. Again ate a small bit.

Tomato Salad - loved it. Finished it all. Cucumber, Onion, dressing all great.

We wanted some cold sides since it was so hot so got the Potato Salad, the Slaw and then the Roasted Vegetables and Fried Pickles.

Pickles were great and gone in a second. We should have ordered more.

Vegetables, liked the selection but they had not been roasted long so even the squash was a bit tough. Broccoli was too tough to cut. Most that went uneaten, would not get again.

Slaw was excellent. A very very light dressing to it so you got lots of the veggie flavors.

Potato Salad - LOVED IT! Gone in a flash.

Salmon. We got two orders because order one was EXCELLENT. DS said he would order that as an entree it was so good. SO we got another. It was a bit fishy. So 50/50 I guess.

MEATS - we told them no sausage because we weren't going to eat it.

Chicken was very good and moist. We ate all the white meat, no one wanted the dark meat.

Ribs, only DS#2 ate those and he said they were good. I think he only left behind one..

Brisket was yummy in the tummy. DS#1 and I finished that off no problem. (it was only meal of day)

There are three bottles of BBQ sauce on table, Classic, Sweet and Spicy.

DS#2 and I got the Blueberry Cheesecake. We both liked it very much. But if you are a cheesecake purest and don't like them sweet you might not like. Graham base, 1/3 cheesecake, 1/3 blueberry compote and 1/3 a sweet lemon custard (like flan texture).

DS#1 got the Forky Cupcake. It is TINY but the Forky is a cookie stuck in it.

MORE MORE THAN ENOUGH FOOD and the Salmon was the only one we asked seconds for. I would have gladly gotten more but I would have been sick.

Oh, I got the Sweet Ice Tea, a rare item at Disney and it was very good. (not all can make a proper sweet tea including me).

NOTE: Go to the bathroom before you enter. DS#2 went and was gone so long he texted me. Said it was only a couple stalls and one urinal. He said there was a long line ... for a men's room. I did not go so I don't know what ladies was like.

All the antics are really cute, the servers are in to the dancing and all. That part of was fun.

I did ask about the Disney AP Dining Discount and was told Restaurant Management is trying very hard to get it approved but it's being blocked at "corporate" level right now. I'm think it def won't come while we get double discount. Maybe in July.
Thank you for this! Makes me actually want to go as the problem seemed to be in terms of getting seated and bathrooms (which yikes-thankfully I have training with some of the bathrooms in broadway theaters!

Has anyone been successful getting seconds on dessert or being able to order more than one, and can you ask for more entrees or sides?

Has anyone been successful getting seconds on dessert or being able to order more than one, and can you ask for more entrees or sides?
they told us we could order the adult desserts and the cupcake if we wanted (we were way too full for two desserts).

Our server said to start with 4 sides, and then we could ask for more/different ones if we wanted. He also asked if we wanted more dessert but we were too stuffed.

Went last week with my Daughter, her 2 boys age 6 and 12, and my wife (a very picky eater). We all enjoyed and everyone agreed we would definitely go back. Big thumbs up from my family.

I think the theming and atmosphere of this restaurant is super cute but the food reviews and feedback I've heard from most people is it's a pass. Most everyone felt like the meal took way too long, which I kind of understand since it's got some fun elements and interactions. But as most meals like this at WDW, it's too much food for us-there's no real reason for us to go since we're not huge eaters. I would only consider going if it were my family plus friends/family to have more mouths to feed. Just can't justify the cost for subpar BBQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter