Rough Ride on the Safari?

Swilcox

Mouseketeer
I’m going to be 5 months pregnant while we are in Disney this coming April. While looking over the list of restricted rides I noticed that Kilimanjaro safaris is on there because the ride can be “bumpy.”

Is this true? I am all for safety and would never want to do anything to put me or my baby at risk but exactly how rough is this ride?

I think this is tugging at my mind a little bit because I live in rural West Virginia. The backroads here can be brutal.

So for those of you who have ridden this ride, what did you think of it? Is it as bad as is being implied or is Disney just trying to be extra careful?

I’m going to be 5 months pregnant while we are in Disney this coming April. While looking over the list of restricted rides I noticed that Kilimanjaro safaris is on there because the ride can be “bumpy.”

Is this true? I am all for safety and would never want to do anything to put me or my baby at risk but exactly how rough is this ride?

I think this is tugging at my mind a little bit because I live in rural West Virginia. The backroads here can be brutal.

So for those of you who have ridden this ride, what did you think of it? Is it as bad as is being implied or is Disney just trying to be extra careful?

It's pretty bumpy. You will be jostled pretty good... I used to live on a dirt road, the tires and vehicle is bigger and the bumps are bigger and more frequent. I'm not sure I would risk being jostled like that.

It's bumpy enough for them to put out the warning... but i've never been violently thrown around. More of a jostling mostly, than coming out of your seat bumpy. Probably one of those things to ask your Dr about.. sure plenty of pregnant women have ridden it, but what is your personal risk ?

The last time we went on it in November, we got rattled pretty good a few times sitting in the last row. I agree that the experience is less intense more towards the front of the vehicle, but it is still decently bumpy.

I just recently went on it at 4 months pregnant. I figured I would give it a chance having been on it many times before. It was the only ride with a restriction I went on. I decided I wouldn’t go on it again because it was a bit uncomfortable with how it jostles you from side to side. I spent most of the ride bracing myself instead of enjoying the animals. You can give it a chance if you really want to go on it, but you may end up really uncomfortable and it’s not a short ride.

I agree with the majority here, I'd skip it. I don't think it's worth the risk and worrying about it. It's fairly bumpy, not to mention if you happen to be nauseous already - no thanks!

I have experience with both the safari and WV dirt back roads. I would say the safari is more of an off-road bumpy experience. I found myself holding on to the seat in front of me this last trip. Similar to riding the school bus down that back dirt road and sitting all the way in the back or over the tires. :drive:

I rode the safari when I was 5 months pregnant with no problems. It's bumpy, but it's not like you are ever going fast, just slow rocking bumps. But I also had no issues or complications with that pregnancy. If I had then I would not have ridden.

I would skip it. No reason to take the risk, and if it was rather bumpy, you would probably spend the whole ride worried.

It is pretty bumpy. After a lot of rain the paths get even worse. On my last trip, I was shocked how much more bumpier it had become.

Congrats on the baby!!! Avoid it this time. Ride it on another trip with your little one.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I've ridden it many times at different points during 3 different pregnancies with no issues. All pregnancies were uncomplicated.

To me yes it's bumpy but like a PP said, it's slow bumpy, not bounce out of your seat bumpy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!