RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly a very silly question but IF the park opens at 6 is it just for resort guests and do they open the ToT, SDD etc or is everyone just waiting for boarding to open?

Will I have an issue if I enter the park, join a boarding group, leave the park then go back later to ride?
I’d like to ride but traveling with my wife and young son, easiest thing for me is to jog over from BC, join the boarding group, leave the park and jog back to BC, then go back to the park later with my family and ride when called

you can do this but you might be the only one able to ride. Not sure if you can use rider switch if you are the only one in the boarding group. However you can leave the park after getting your boarding group.

Will I have an issue if I enter the park, join a boarding group, leave the park then go back later to ride?
I’d like to ride but traveling with my wife and young son, easiest thing for me is to jog over from BC, join the boarding group, leave the park and jog back to BC, then go back to the park later with my family and ride when called
You could do it. I think if I were going solo, I’d just plan to go on my own super early to get the earliest boarding pass, then ride before leaving the park.

Thanks for the replies. My wife doesn’t care about riding so I’ll be solo. I guess it will depend how early I get there. I’d most likely end up with a boarding group in the 30-40 range based on the times I’ve seen in here so I’ll go back later

lol at you may get a bus. That seems so risky. Bah.
My plan for saturday is to ditch the ecv and lyft it there. It's going to suck.
You can order a wheelchair taxi from Mears. That's their lingo for a van with a ramp which accommodates ECVs. Call and be specific to what you need. POR Riverside to DHS, I was quoted $22 but was charged a meter rate of around 15.60
Edited to add Saying the obvious call the day before to reserve and determine pick up location

Last edited:
So I see rain in the forecast tomorrow. Wonder how that will effect anything. Was going to go in the morning since it’s our last full day but just not sure it’s worth it. At the Christmas Party tonight and we have to move to the Boardwalk tomorrow

Staying at AS Movies and getting 6am bus tomorrow. Any final advice for a UK Disney novice?
Yep. Download the Lyft app and skip the bus plan. Pick up is where the the DME drops off by Bell Services. Assume it will take them 10 minutes to pick you and 10 minutes to get to the park.

You can order a wheelchair taxi from Mears. That's their lingo for a van with a ramp which accommodates ECVs. Call and be specific to what you need. POR Riverside to DHS, I was quoted $22 but was charged a meter rate of around 15.60

Ah ok, I looked at the Mears website the other day to try and find a wheelchair accessible van but didn't see an option. I will try calling them.
I am assuming the ECV doesn't need to come apart to drive up the ramp? I have never used an ECV but I have had experiences with my son's electric wheelchair not fitting in a van without removing the headrest.

Not sure if I would count the 4 hours waiting for my boarding group to be called in my total wait time. Did they just sit outside the ride and wait or were they doing other things? It does sound like they were the next to get on before being evacuated, which would be so disappointing.

Yeah, that doesn't count.

That's the whole point of the BG. He could have gone about his day and 4-6 hours of those 8 hours would have been productive.

Now 4 hrs in line is excessive. After a few days of liberally giving out FPs they had a couple solid days requiring few comps. They probably thought that they could keep the comps to a minimum moving forward. But clearly they're going to have to establish a hard cut off for the amount of time in line before they issue a FP and evacuate.

Ah ok, I looked at the Mears website the other day to try and find a wheelchair accessible van but didn't see an option. I will try calling them.
I am assuming the ECV doesn't need to come apart to drive up the ramp? I have never used an ECV but I have had experiences with my son's electric wheelchair not fitting in a van without removing the headrest.
Standard pride victory drives on. You have to call.

What happens when you get a fast pass for RotR (due to delays, etc.)? Can you use it at any time later in your trip or do you have to exchange it on a day before the boarding groups are distributed?

What happens when you get a fast pass for RotR (due to delays, etc.)? Can you use it at any time later in your trip or do you have to exchange it on a day before the boarding groups are distributed?
They are given for a specific day. If you get evacuated, you should use it the same day. If your boarding group doesn’t get called, you use it the next day. They are anytime passes.

I may have missed this but for guests driving their own car, will they be able to enter the parking lot early enough to be part of the 6am crowds?

With all of the live reports posted here since ROTR opened, it seems strange that no one here has reported waiting 4 hours in the actual line after their BG was called. I've seen no more than an hour wait reported here.
I’m not backing or refuting this “4 hr wait” report BUT I will say that today appeared to experience more downtime than any other day we’ve seen yet. So perhaps people did end up in line for a long time in hopes they could get the ride working again.

Also, as far as live reports go we pretty much only had morning riders today. Due to the detail on this thread and the savviness of our DIS friends, we are lacking reports of 7am-7:45am arrivals who would’ve snagged those afternoon BG #s. (This doesn’t necessarily surprise me either though - again due to how savvy and educated we all are 🤣)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter