RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any data on how long it has run each day before the first break down? Wondering if we are lucky enough go get an early boarding group if we should head straight there and sacrifice lower standby times on other rides.

Is there any data on how long it has run each day before the first break down? Wondering if we are lucky enough go get an early boarding group if we should head straight there and sacrifice lower standby times on other rides.
Check this site as it has data and graphs showing downtimes. Better data than this thread:

https://www.thrill-data.com/

I was queuing up for TSM this morning before 7am and bolted back to SWGE. I didn’t want to be stuck in a breakdown after Sunday. I rode as soon as I got called. Had to do RnR single rider as a result, but I was happier being safe than sorry. I remember seeing it breaking down after the first hour the first couple of days. Looked like today it broke down around the second hour.

UNLESS you can perfectly time it for a FP+ and comp ticket. That may be worth it 🤣

I was queuing up for TSM this morning before 7am and bolted back to SWGE. I didn’t want to be stuck in a breakdown after Sunday. I rode as soon as I got called. Had to do RnR single rider as a result, but I was happier being safe than sorry. I remember seeing it breaking down after the first hour the first couple of days. Looked like today it broke down around the second hour.

UNLESS you can perfectly time it for a FP+ and comp ticket. That may be worth it 🤣

We had the same thought for wanting to get on an earlier ride before possible breakdown. When they opened the parks on Monday morning around 6:30am, CM’s had signs as you got to the end of the street which were pointing left to Starwars and right to Toy Story. We choose left for SW with BG 22. Either one would have been great but they called BG 22 an hour later and we were right there to ride immediately after riding Smugglers. After Galaxy’s Edge was done, all of Toystory had 30 min wait times which is pretty good for that area!

Staying at AS Movies and getting 6am bus tomorrow. Any final advice for a UK Disney novice?
Are you committed to the bus and/or is Uber/Lyft an option For you?

I second this. Many reports of people waiting a long time for a bus that early in the morning. The typical pattern seems to be one super early bus and then none at all for 40+ minutes. If you really want to be there before 7 you need to pay for a ride.

Official response from reception is - cannot confirm anything about buses or opening times BUT if we are outside at 5am you may get a bus. They were very concerned that nothing is being confirmed - they even called someone to get confirmation but the official line is that there is no official line.

Official response from reception is - cannot confirm anything about buses or opening times BUT if we are outside at 5am you may get a bus. They were very concerned that nothing is being confirmed - they even called someone to get confirmation but the official line is that there is no official line.
lol at you may get a bus. That seems so risky. Bah.
My plan for saturday is to ditch the ecv and lyft it there. It's going to suck.

Well, they called back 67-82 from 6:30 until closing (probably with some recovery FP returners in there as well). It never moved off of 82 in the last half hour or so.

We know from an earlier comment here that somebody in BG 100 Received the hopper/FP combo as an apology.

Will I have an issue if I enter the park, join a boarding group, leave the park then go back later to ride?
I’d like to ride but traveling with my wife and young son, easiest thing for me is to jog over from BC, join the boarding group, leave the park and jog back to BC, then go back to the park later with my family and ride when called

Well, they called back 67-82 from 6:30 until closing (probably with some recovery FP returners in there as well). It never moved off of 82 in the last half hour or so.

We know from an earlier comment here that somebody in BG 100 Received the hopper/FP combo as an apology.
Disney probably had a set grouping for Recovery, although I think it’s Appeasement, such as knowing they’d never get to 85-100+. Then, they worked to push as many groups through the ride up until that last “un-recovered” BG.

Today was our HS day and I am so glad we didn’t change our plans around to try to get on ROTR. Briefly considered trying to upgrade our mid day tickets to full day specifically for that purpose but with our MKAH tix the night before (10p-1a), planning on getting up at 5 the next morning just didn’t work. Looks like it would have been 50/50 on getting to ride. We won’t be back at WDW for quite some time, if at all. Since I won’t be riding I can watch the spoilers now!

No recent reports that I can find but here's something from over an hour ago on twitter:

Oh and also this from the same person:

Not sure if I would count the 4 hours waiting for my boarding group to be called in my total wait time. Did they just sit outside the ride and wait or were they doing other things? It does sound like they were the next to get on before being evacuated, which would be so disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter