RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DH was there before 5 (second at his tapstyle), but got BG 11 rather than 10 because it didn't recognize he was in the park for a couple of minutes after they let him in. ROTR didn't start until about 7. BG 11 called 7:12. He was off ride around 7:30 and was then able to join another BG (BG 72). He was happy to be able to ride without interruption, but he'll probably be sad to find out he missed snacks and characters.

plainly, yes. For the one day of the week that DHS has EMH off site guests will probably not be able to join a BG, UNLESS, Disney doesn't open BG signing on until everyone is allowed in
Although EMH will also likely reduce the number of people there the first two hours. I would suspect that a huge number of those currently getting in BGs before 8am are offsite guests. Still - I’d suspect even If I’m right that BGs would be filled within 10-15 minutes of opening to offsite guests.

Although EMH will also likely reduce the number of people there the first two hours. I would suspect that a huge number of those currently getting in BGs before 8am are offsite guests. Still - I’d suspect even If I’m right that BGs would be filled within 10-15 minutes of opening to offsite guests.
if they don't open the option until off site guests are able to come in, then yes, I believe BG would be booked real fast. Cause you'll have all of the on site guests already inside, joining bg and then the few off site guests at the front of the pack at the tapstiles joining as well

So what time did they let people in today and what time where all the boarding groups assigned (I assume they are all gone for today)

What are the chances they give returns for tomorrow to people with boarding groups not reached today?

I went this morning. Pleasant walk from the Yacht Club to get to security at 5 ish. Security was very smooth then waited at the tapstile about 7 people back. Much anticipation later and they finally opened. The people at the very front of the line had issues with their passes. Managed to get in and in group 11. Thought I’d head straight to SWGE and we were all being very clearly ushered straight to Smugglers Run. I went on it, engineer again! Meh. Came out and went over to RoTR just as my phone told me to board. Minimal wait after then and all seemed to flow smoothly.

A very impressive ride and I would urge anyone who wants to ride to make the effort to get there early. I was always sceptical of arriving at the early hours but with this system and current demand it’s essential.

Definitely not at full capacity yet so hopefully things will improve.

they have been doing that so far right? I would assume they will keep doing it

they did it day 1, but I think they got to all groups yesterday right? So not sure if it was just done for people the first day that didn’t know the system. They also gave out 1 day tickets which I certainly wouldn’t expect at this point but maybe so

Finally got through! It was incredible! I was in the line 2 hours and 25 minutes, after entering with group 25 at 8:20. They had just started to evacuate the line at 10:45, then reversed that decision and we started the experience about 5 minutes later.

Here's my whole timeline:

5:50 - arrived at park
6:36 - gates opened
6:46 - scanned in, joined BG25
8:20 - BG25 called / entered line
8:35ish - line stopped (Rey and Vi both visited while line stopped, plus snacks and water bottles passed out)
9:41 - line moved forward a couple rooms, then stopped again
10:45 - started to empty line, then sent us back in
10:50ish - started experience
11:11 - off ride (WOW! SO GOOD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter