• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rose & Crown Recently?

My dgd (11) and I ate there on Thursday June,28,'07. We called that morning form pop Century and got a noon reservation. We enjoyed it very much. It was our first time and we had no expectations. For an appetizer we had the fruit and cheese platter. The mushroom cheese was a bit strong, but everything else was very good. For the main course we shared the teatime chicken and a saldad with bleu cheese dressing. we ended up taking some of the fruit with us because we couldn't finish it all. The service was great and it was very relaxing. I would go there again with my dgd, but not my ds's (9&12).

After reading this post I don't know what to do. I ate there for the first time in dec and and fell in love w/ the cottage pie and my dd really loved eating there which granted she only had the potato leek soup and mac and cheese, but both my app (lamb and barley soup) and entree (cottage pie)we excellent. The bad thing is I just changed to the lunch b/c as a pp said that menu had not changed but now that I am reading it has I just want to cry.

I think the lunch menu there still seems OK, its has the fish and chips and cottage pie etc so that's pretty traditional.

The Ploughman's with beef and turkey is a bit strange but I suppose they are just bulking up the meal as normally it would only be with cheese.

I also second the whole fried Mars bar thing. Who does one contact for getting some fried Mars bars?! :confused3 :lmao:

Fried MARS BARS??????????? :eek: Wow - I have never heard of this. Are you pulling my leg??? (OW - that hurts).

MidgeD79 - what was in the fruit/cheese plate. That sounds like such a yummy app to share!

I totally agree-they are delicious, even if they are so unbelievably full of fat that the paper bag mine was in went see-through with grease, and my DS did liken it to a "Deep-fried dog t**d"-It will take more than that to put me off!:lmao:

Do you think they've changed the menu in order to set it more apart from Raglan Road?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter