Rose & Crown Fireworks dining package

pepperderr

DIS Veteran
I saw several reviews for the Rose & Crown Fireworks and dinner. I know that we will basically be seeing it from the side and not straight on but I don't care. I would rather be guaranteed a seat. Does each person pick their own entree? I saw a family of 3 go and they got one entree with three pieces of fish and the fries that they shared. They didn't each get their own. Then I saw two other videos where it was a single person and they got 3 pieces and the fries. I am assuming that we get to pick our own entree but I want to make sure. What about the desserts? Do we each get the 3 little things for dessert or do we have to all share that? If the show gets canceled are we just out the money or what happens in that situation?

I saw several reviews for the Rose & Crown Fireworks and dinner. I know that we will basically be seeing it from the side and not straight on but I don't care. I would rather be guaranteed a seat. Does each person pick their own entree? I saw a family of 3 go and they got one entree with three pieces of fish and the fries that they shared. They didn't each get their own. Then I saw two other videos where it was a single person and they got 3 pieces and the fries. I am assuming that we get to pick our own entree but I want to make sure. What about the desserts? Do we each get the 3 little things for dessert or do we have to all share that? If the show gets canceled are we just out the money or what happens in that situation?
When I did the package (pre-Covid) it was one app, one entry (your choice), and one dessert.

That family was likely eating in the "regular dining space" and maybe lucked into a table with a view. You are permitted to split meals in the restaurant. That is not how it should work for your fireworks package. One appetizer, one entree and one dessert trio PER paying guest ordered from a special menu. There is also unlimited drinks from a special menu. You pick all your own per person, but from the special menu.

I have no memory of the shows ever getting cancelled. Actually DS#1 and I watched it for the first time in POURING rain. We watched from right there at Rose & Crown - and yes you don't get a full on view of the show. And straight on it is a different show. BUT I still booked Rose & Crown for a special treat to eat, drink and be seated comfortably for the show for our next trip.

Last edited:
We were just at Rose and Crown few weeks ago and really enjoyed the Fireworks Dining. Each person gets to pick their own appetizer, entree, and each person also gets the three small desert samples as well. Also included is unlimited beer, wine, and soft drinks.

As we were there on a night that rain was a possibility we dined under the awning next to the restaurant but were free to go down to the patio afterwards for the show weather permitting, which we did and it was great. I think their policy is rain or shine and think the weather would have to be extreme to cancel but not sure how they handle it in those cases.

View attachment 680385

And this is a view from the patio. Sorry for the spoiler, but we really enjoyed it.
I am super excited now that I know we have reservations. I told my son that if we didn't get reservations where we could sit down somewhere, I was not sure I even wanted to stay to try to view fireworks. We would just skip it. I am thankful that I got reservations today because that is all my son kept asking about. I showed him the view from your picture and the view from the Disney website. We would all rather be guaranteed a seat. Thanks for sharing that awesome picture!

That family was likely eating in the "regular dining space" and maybe lucked into a table with a view. You are permitted to split meals in the restaurant. That is not how it should work for your fireworks package. One appetizer, one entree and one dessert trio PER paying guest ordered from a special menu. There is also unlimited drinks from a special menu. You pick all your own per person, but from the special menu.

I have no memory of the shows ever getting cancelled. Actually DS#1 and I watched it for the first time in POURING rain. We watched from right there at Rose & Crown - and yes you don't get a full on view of the show. And straight on it is a different show. BUT I still booked Rose & Crown for a special treat to eat, drink and be seated comfortably for the show for our next trip.
I guess that is another good reason for having reservations, if it is raining, we will still be covered. What about after the show? How quickly do they rush you out? We will be using the Skyliner but I am sure we will not want to rush to get there because I am sure it will be packed. Thanks for the info.

I guess that is another good reason for having reservations, if it is raining, we will still be covered. What about after the show? How quickly do they rush you out? We will be using the Skyliner but I am sure we will not want to rush to get there because I am sure it will be packed. Thanks for the info.
We were not rushed at all. In fact we requested our server hold off on bringing our desert until after the fireworks was over and he was happy to oblige. We returned to our table to have desert and our server offered more drinks and the sense we had was that we could stay until the restaurant close. It was very laid back and there was no sense, at least for us, that we had to make room for another dining party to take our spot. Our server even offered us take home drinks as well. It was very enjoyable and hope you have a similar experience. We loved it, laid back and fun.

The one thing I would advise is to get there right at the start of the checkin time to have a choice of tables, especially if the weather is good and they seat you on the patio from the start. This will also give you more time to finish dinner and desert uninterrupted, if you choose to, then watch the show thereafter. Enjoy!

We were not rushed at all. In fact we requested our server hold off on bringing our desert until after the fireworks was over and he was happy to oblige. We returned to our table to have desert and our server offered more drinks and the sense we had was that we could stay until the restaurant close. It was very laid back and there was no sense, at least for us, that we had to make room for another dining party to take our spot. Our server even offered us take home drinks as well. It was very enjoyable and hope you have a similar experience. We loved it, laid back and fun.

The one thing I would advise is to get there right at the start of the checkin time to have a choice of tables, especially if the weather is good and they seat you on the patio from the start. This will also give you more time to finish dinner and desert uninterrupted, if you choose to, then watch the show thereafter. Enjoy!
That is good to know. I am not good with maps or directions but it looks like that restaurant is not too far from the skyliner so we would definitely want some time to let the crowd die down before we leave via the skyliner. So when you say you returned to your table, does that mean you stood up to watch the show? Is that what most people do? I really appreciate all these tips! Did you feel like it was crowded and that you might not have a good view because of others standing in your way? In the videos, I saw people sitting at regular, covered tables but there were also tables closer to the water that were uncovered but had umbrellas. It looked to me like most of the tables were for only 2 people but of course, it is hard to tell. How long did the skyliner run after the show?

That is good to know. I am not good with maps or directions but it looks like that restaurant is not too far from the skyliner so we would definitely want some time to let the crowd die down before we leave via the skyliner. So when you say you returned to your table, does that mean you stood up to watch the show? Is that what most people do? I really appreciate all these tips! Did you feel like it was crowded and that you might not have a good view because of others standing in your way? In the videos, I saw people sitting at regular, covered tables but there were also tables closer to the water that were uncovered but had umbrellas. It looked to me like most of the tables were for only 2 people but of course, it is hard to tell. How long did the skyliner run after the show?
You are definitely close to Rose and Crown from the Skyliner at the Epcot entrance, maybe even the closest restaurant. We were staying at the Beach Club which is within walking distance so didn’t use the Skyliner for transportation, however I am pretty sure it was running as we walked past back to our room.

Because of the threat of rain we sat near the restaurant under the awning for dinner, then moved down to another table to watch the show as the rain never came. The table and chairs were still wet from an earlier rain however, which our server wiped dry for us to sit and enjoy the show.

During optimal weather you will be seated on the patio from the start this no need to relocate. If pouring rain then you will stay under the awning at a table there as well. Maybe someone else can speak to this but my guess is you will still be able to see the show from under the awning but may have to peak under it to see the really high fireworks. Either way, you will be seated.

Another reason to get there early is in the event of inclement weather you might be able to get a table on the perimeter of the awning that will offer a better view. I hope all this makes sense…

When we did this (granted it was 3 years ago) we didn’t pick our seats. They had the tables arranged for seating the parties that reserved it.
For example, we were a party of two and had a smaller table than a party of 5 or 6 or more would have.
So the tables were set up for the parties that reserved them. Hope this makes sense.
Also, things definitely could have changed since then and you can now pick your seats, maybe someone else knows this for sure?

When we did this (granted it was 3 years ago) we didn’t pick our seats. They had the tables arranged for seating the parties that reserved it.
For example, we were a party of two and had a smaller table than a party of 5 or 6 or more would have.
So the tables were set up for the parties that reserved them. Hope this makes sense.
Also, things definitely could have changed since then and you can now pick your seats, maybe someone else knows this for sure?
Reviews of the Harmonious package say the tables are assigned in advance, you are shown your table and there is a place card on the table with your name on it.

Anyone book this for a large party with multiple tables? I had to book 2 tables of 4 for the 8 of us for next Saturday. Is there a way to get us all together, or next to each other? If they assign tables before, we may be out of luck. :( I was hoping checking in early would do it, now I am worried...

Anyone book this for a large party with multiple tables? I had to book 2 tables of 4 for the 8 of us for next Saturday. Is there a way to get us all together, or next to each other? If they assign tables before, we may be out of luck. :( I was hoping checking in early would do it, now I am worried...
I would go by earlier in the day and speak to them directly. Tell them you have two reservations for one party (the reason is likely no table on the patio is that big and tables might not move) and would like to be side by side. I think they can probably make that work. I think you'll be more successful in person than talking to someone in advance not directly connected with venue.

You could call in advance and ask them to link the two reservations - then follow up in person earlier in day.

I would go by earlier in the day and speak to them directly. Tell them you have two reservations for one party (the reason is likely no table on the patio is that big and tables might not move) and would like to be side by side. I think they can probably make that work. I think you'll be more successful in person than talking to someone in advance not directly connected with venue.

You could call in advance and ask them to link the two reservations - then follow up in person earlier in day.
Will do, thanks!!

Those views look pretty good, so good in fact, that I looked for availability for our stay in August and the package is there, available to book. But my main reservation is the price. I know It is the same for all packages including drinks, but when the “value” in the package (apart from the view) is having unlimited alcoholic drinks, it does not seem very fair that you have to pay $89 for children and young adults aged 10 to 20!
I know it would be exactly the same for adults not partaking in any alcoholic drinks too, it is a real shame there are not two price points, one with and one without, but I guess this would cut down on Disney’s profit margins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter