Rope drop on a 9 a.m. Sunday morning?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by avalon451, May 18, 2018 at 12:36 AM.

1. avalon451

avalon451 Errrr... what?

I haven't been for a couple of years. I'm chaperoning my daughter's band trip Memorial Day weekend, and we'll be doing Saturday afternoon and a full day Sunday. (Crazy, I know, but I guess we'll take what we can get).

Park hours for that day are 9-11 at DL, 9-10 for CA with EMH at CA at 8. We won't have EMH, staying at a Good Neighbor.

I'm wondering if it's better to do DL first then head over to CA later, since it's EMH day anyway there.

If so, do they do an 8:30 a.m. opening with a 9 a.m. rope drop at the hub at DL?

How about CA? Do they let the non-resort-staying guests in at 8:30 and rope drop you at the end of the EMH?

TIA!

2. Malcon10t

Malcon10t DIS Veteran

Yes to both rope drop questions.

avalon451 and Skyegirl1999 like this.
  3. WonkaKid

WonkaKid DIS Veteran

Yes, definitely rope-drop DL. I always rope-drop on Sundays. In addition to being first (or close to it) on Peter Pan, it's also kind of fun to get that adrenaline rush of everyone racing (as fast as they can walk, if we're lucky) to FL.

ButterflyKisses77 and avalon451 like this.
  4. BriannaRuth

BriannaRuth DIS Veteran

Do rope drop at DL on Sunday. Yes, they do start letting guests in around 8:30 and rope drop at 9, at least when we've been there in August.