Rooms/Dining and Travel Agents

lovethesun12

DIS Veteran
We are still planning our summer vacation and if free dining is offered at WDW again this summer we will definitely be doing it (if we get it).

Basically we are really specific about resorts (there are only 2 or 3 we want) and a little specific about the room in that resort. I'm really the type of person who is triple checking for discounts every day. Last year I was watching at pretty much the moment free dining became available.

However, I'm wondering if a travel agent might have better or earlier access than I do at getting the room we would want. The thing is, if free dining isn't released I would feel kind of bad because it's likely we would go with a different vacation option (I'd let them know that up front though).

I'd totally give an agent control of my reservation if they have earlier/better access, but would also be so frustrated if I couldn't book the room I want and it was available when I'm first looking.

Thoughts? Agent or no?

TA's do not have better or earlier access than the general consumer. If you are the type that triple checks for discounts every day, I would make your own reservation. Although most TA's do their best to switch clients over if discounts become available and are applicable to a client's reservation, if they have multiple reservations they need to go through, you may end up on the bottom of the pile. TA's are good in this situation if they are dealing with clients who cannot triple check every day or don't know how to navigate the WDW system. You sound very savvy, know how to navigate the system, check constantly and know exactly what you want. In this scenario, I would not use a TA to make your reservation.

We are still planning our summer vacation and if free dining is offered at WDW again this summer we will definitely be doing it (if we get it).

Basically we are really specific about resorts (there are only 2 or 3 we want) and a little specific about the room in that resort. I'm really the type of person who is triple checking for discounts every day. Last year I was watching at pretty much the moment free dining became available.

However, I'm wondering if a travel agent might have better or earlier access than I do at getting the room we would want. The thing is, if free dining isn't released I would feel kind of bad because it's likely we would go with a different vacation option (I'd let them know that up front though).

I'd totally give an agent control of my reservation if they have earlier/better access, but would also be so frustrated if I couldn't book the room I want and it was available when I'm first looking.

Thoughts? Agent or no?

Hi! I'm kinda new at looking for discounts - can you tell me more about how and where you "triple check" for them? Just need to be thorough and you sound like you are!

Thanks!

Hi! I'm kinda new at looking for discounts - can you tell me more about how and where you "triple check" for them? Just need to be thorough and you sound like you are!

Thanks!
I basically just keep a really good eye on the Disney sites. I make sure I’ve signed up for emails, and I know the dates of historical discounts (from MouseSavers) so I often have a good idea of when a discount might become available, and will check a lot more during those times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter