Room Serivce at SSR

krolyat

Disney Fan!
Is the room service menu the same as the restaurant in the resort? I'm talking about SSR. Also are there any delivery fee's tacked on to that? Thanks!

I wasn't aware that they had added room service until I looked at the new Disney site because it lists 24 hour room service as one of the amenities. :confused3

LINK to site Then go to the Amenities and Services tab and it will be the first paragraph.

Has anyone been there lately that knows. Thanks.

If a DVC resort is connected to a deluxe resort, that DVC resort will have access to room service. But since SSR and OKW are not connected to a deluxe resort (they are stand alone), no room service. Pizza delivery, maybe, but that might be all.

That new page also shows cash prices for a 2 BR as $545, a Treehouse Villa at $545, and the Grand Villa at $1200-something. If the Treehouses sleep 12 (which is what it says) -- wouldn't the GV and Treehouse price be the same? Or don't the Treehouses sleep only 8 or 9 or something?

Sorry I haven't been following the Treehouse stuff that closely -- but seems like something is wrong there.

Which is just my long-winded way of saying -- I'll believe there's room service at SSR after someone actually gets it and comes back and reports it here! :goodvibes

That new page also shows cash prices for a 2 BR as $545, a Treehouse Villa at $545, and the Grand Villa at $1200-something. If the Treehouses sleep 12 (which is what it says) -- wouldn't the GV and Treehouse price be the same? Or don't the Treehouses sleep only 8 or 9 or something?

Sorry I haven't been following the Treehouse stuff that closely -- but seems like something is wrong there.

Which is just my long-winded way of saying -- I'll believe there's room service at SSR after someone actually gets it and comes back and reports it here! :goodvibes

THV only sleep 9.

They should have hired some of us DVC Dis members to proofread this site before they posted it to the web.

They should have hired some of us DVC Dis members to proofread this site before they posted it to the web.

I think Disney in general should use Dis members to make decisions, proof read, plan park hours, parties, park capacity, transport.........it would all be perfect!!!

Sorry, that was completely OT!!!

We didn't see any room service in December at SSR. It would be nice though.

Thanks for everyone's responses. This is the second major error I've run in to in the past 72 hours with Disney and their new site renovations. Room service isn't a biggy but it would be very nice to have the option.

The THV is the same amount of points as a two bedroom at SSR.

would it be possible that they would only offer room service for CRO reservations?

would it be possible that they would only offer room service for CRO reservations?

No, I doubt that. Room service is a big money maker for a hotel but the problem is SSR is so spread out. It would be hard to keep it warm while they run it over to the other side of the resort. It's easier when it's just up the elevator.

They had full-menu room service back when it was DI/Disney Villas up until about the mid-90's, but I think it finally got to be a big pain for them. They used an extended golf cart type vehicle with refrig/heating units to deliver it. I have to say that it was very nice (and a treat) to wake up to a delivered breakfast in the morning. I'd be surprised if SSR started providing RS - happy but surprised.

DisFlan

We were at SSR from 12/23 to 12/29. We got a pizza from Sassagoula Pizza (advertised in the room). There was no menu or mention of room service anywhere. There was new flyer from several local pizza shops in orlando every night though, it must take them awhile to put them on every door. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter