Room requests...

It seems every time I go to check in, I have not received any of my requests ever. After asking nicely at check in, I've usually been changed to something close to my original request about 1/3 of the time. My requests aren't all that much: just bottom floor close to bus stop if staying in a Value or Moderate and top floor close to an elevator if staying in a Deluxe. I always book the category of room I want (savanna view, water view, preferred room, etc), so I'm never asking for an upgrade.

For our stay at POR in May, we didn't get first, second or third choices on our room requests...even though our TA listed our requests on our original reservation AND I faxed our request 3 days before arrival.

After reading that most people got their requests, I was quite bummed, to say the least. But, at check-in, the CM did all he could do to fill my requests (without giving me the specific section I'd requested) and it all turned out pretty good. (I didn't request a specific room, thought I'd have a better chance just requesting 3 different buildings in AB, but ended up in Parterre Place in the Mansions section).

In the end, it was a beautiful room, in a beautiful section, pretty close to the main building. It's was all good after I remembered I was at the happiest place on earth!

Good luck!

:surfweb: We stayed at CBR in 05 and paid for a preferred room location, did not request a specifice building, and CSR in 06 we requested cabana 9 or casitas 1 and got a room in casitas 1.

This year we are returning to CSR and paid for a water view room and requested casitas 1 or Cabanas 9 with anyluck well gett our wish

We have been extremely lucky in receiving our room requests over the years and have even received some upgraded rooms that we didn't request.

I think a lot of it has to do with the time of check-in, whether it is high season and the patience to wait to hear everything the CM has to say about the rooms they have available.

We are about 2 for 10 on our requests for a room...the two that I got were lagoon views at the Poly - which probably explains it - pay more get more...that is not sarcasm, it is just that everyone is trying to save a buck these days and the lower priced rooms are in demand..

Of course I want to temper these comments with a warning on the two we did get we asked at least 3 to 4 months on advance..a couple were on the day we arrived ( so that is my own fault).

And of course I understand you have a good chance if you book concierge...

Not really.

Requested 3rd floor parking lot view (light sleeper---to avoid the noise) at ASSP, got 1st floor pool view, go figure.:confused3

Requested highest possible floor at Contemporary MK, got the lowest possible floor.

You can try, its just a request. Who knows? Some people seem to get what they want, even upgraded some of the time, not me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter