Room requests...

kadesha

DIS Veteran
Do you get your room requests most of the time? I've only stayed in a disney resort once, and we did get our room request. I was just wondering how often they are unable to accomodate.

We made a request for our upcoming trip that we are REALLY hoping for!!

You have a 50 / 50 shot... My last trip I did not get what I wanted... the trip before that they did'nt have my request even noted on my ressie.. So make sure you inquire if they try to put you somewhere else. They are really good about trying to give you what you want but many people are resort savy now and there are so many requests.
Good Luck and heres some pixie dust for ya! pixiedust:

I am zero for five on requests over the years. I give up! :(

But I swear, I am the exception - everyone else seems to always get their requests and then are baffled by the existance of people like me who never get requests. I am even skeptical that CMs even try to fill requests for most people without special needs. :confused:

Some of my requests were not weird either - two different trips I asked for a balcony at WL and was denied. One time I did get it by begging and pleading at check-in (quoting safety as a reason for not wanting ground floor) and got my balcony. :) Another time I requested bunk beds at AKL and was denied (I had fun being kicked off the queen bed all week by my sister's kid!). They may be bookable categories now, which I would have gladly paid.

I truly don't believe CMs try to fill everyone's requests - there are just too many people checking in every day for that to even be plausible. Many are clearly never viewed ahead of time. I think CMs may try more for people with mobility issues, but not as much for average folk. It's just the luck of the draw it seems.

I have never gotten a room request but honestly, in my case it didn't matter at all...the resorts are beautiful and I've never had a "bad" room.:goodvibes

oh wow! I was under the impression that most of the requests were filled. We got our request at Pop last year, which was a room in the 50's area overlooking the lake. But all i heard from my kids the WHOLE time was how they wanted to be overlooking the pool and lady and the tramp statues. I hope that won't be a difficult request to fulfill!

That is a pretty easy request, so you'll probably get that one :)

At check-in before they give you your room number, but at the appropriate time,very nicely explain what you requested and hoped for. There are loads of rooms overlooking the pool in the 50's, so probably have a good chance.

One of our very favorite room locations was 50's, Jukebox bldg, 4th floor, over looking the pool....we could see the entire area, the lake to our right and palm trees straight ahead. Fantastic!!!

Good luck!! Lots of dust for you!!

I've only made room requests for 3 of my trips, and I am 0 for 3 on getting my request met. Granted, I could have had my request met for a ground floor room at POFQ, but I would have had to wait a while, so I took the 2nd floor room they had ready.

For my stay at the Poly I requested 3rd floor Raratonga and was placed in Tokelau first floor. At POR I just wanted a room in the Alligator Bayou section, and was placed in the Mansions. Grrrr!:furious:

I should add that I paid for a prefered room at ASMu, and got put in the Broadway section. Which is definately NOT prefered. So even when I pay for a certain location, I don't always get it.

I don't know what gives. I'm very nice to the CMs. I make general requests, not requests like 3rd floor Raratonga with a view of the 2nd tree on the left. But I am denied time and time again. Those of you who get your requests, please share your secrets with me!

We talk with the CM at check-in and find out what other options might be if our request is not available. We also keep the request pretty general - i.e. at Poly,3rd fl, balcony, at POP 50's, 4th fl, lake view. So far, so good!

We make sure we know the resort and what other locations would be 2nd, 3rd, even 4th choice. This has always worked very well and most CM's are very accommodating. For instance, if our first request is not available, we will ask, how about such and such location and so on....

Do not think we've ever had a bad room lcoation since we've approached it this way at check-in. Prior to that we got the worst Poly room twice, no requests. LOL

p.s. Have never expected or requested an upgrade. Only request within our booked catagory. :)

I've only made room requests for 3 of my trips, and I am 0 for 3 on getting my request met. Granted, I could have had my request met for a ground floor room at POFQ, but I would have had to wait a while, so I took the 2nd floor room they had ready.

For my stay at the Poly I requested 3rd floor Raratonga and was placed in Tokelau first floor. At POR I just wanted a room in the Alligator Bayou section, and was placed in the Mansions. Grrrr!:furious:

I should add that I paid for a prefered room at ASMu, and got put in the Broadway section. Which is definately NOT prefered. So even when I pay for a certain location, I don't always get it.

I don't know what gives. I'm very nice to the CMs. I make general requests, not requests like 3rd floor Raratonga with a view of the 2nd tree on the left. But I am denied time and time again. Those of you who get your requests, please share your secrets with me!

I will commiserate with you! My average for requests is even worse (well - still .000!) :hug:

Some of my request failures that come to mind:

Asked for bunk beds at AKL - got 2 queens

Twice asked for balconies at WL - both times got ground floor handicapped assessible rooms with king beds (not that king beds are bad, but I hate ground floor with no view or privacy). One of the times I did get switched to 3rd floor with balcony. :)

Twice on different trips I asked for Alligator Bayou at POR - denied both times and got almost the SAME ROOM in the same back corner parking lot area of mansion Parterre Place. I couldn't believe it. Won't stay there anymore. Both times the CM said they won't place smaller groups in AB, then I read on the DIS about how everyone else always gets AB without 5 in their group. Nice to feel singled out. :(

Asked for anything but Trinidad South at CBR - got Trinidad South.

Hmmm - I think I am 0 for 6 actually, now that I think about it! :rotfl2: I just give up. My only reasoning for my failures is that I am at the end of the alphabet, and maybe they fill the rooms alphabetically - giving all the "A"s the good rooms, giving the W-Z's the left-over boonies. (Nah, I hope I am kidding on that! I think......)

You are not alone! They completely ignore my requests, too! :grouphug:

We get our request most (but not all) of the time. Our requests are usually simple so they are easy to accommodate.

We usually stay at the BVCs booked through CRO. We have received our requests or part of them EX((large balcony:) - not right view:worried: ) most of the time. But we had a first this past Dec. Upon checking in at the new area the CM said let me call over (I assume to the BC) to get your room. I could see her writing and saying OK, OK,OK,OK. She then said which room would like I have XXX with pool view, XXX with Epcot View etc., etc., and she gave me like six choices. I thought that was incredible and of course we got everything we wanted. I wish we could do that every time.:)

We have always gotten our room requests but that is most likely due to the fact that we weren't trying to get a free upgrade, but rather a specific building or close proximity to an area of the resort. Like others have said too, our requests have been easy to accommodate. :)

In 20+ trips, I have never received my requests.It never really mattered except back when rooms were smoking or non-smoking.I needed a non-smoking room and they tried to put me in a smoking room, they eventually "found" a room to put me in.Other than that, I never really cared.most of the time the rooms I got turned out fine.I guess hanging out on these boards , it seems everyone gets their requests ,but maybe that is just me.

My neighbors just stayed at OKW in May. They had their requests noted on the ressie. At check in, they had their list of preferred buildings in hand. CM at check in went through it with them until they found a location they were satisfied with. They were extremely accommodating and neighbor was thrilled to have been taken care of.

The more requests we've had on a reservation, the less likely they all have been honored. Even when we just put one request on a reservation, we've had it ignored. There's basically no way to know what you can and cannot count on, with regard to requests.

With apologies for a memory that does not go back more than a few years (or else, those were vacations I wanted to forget :))...
January 2005 - requested first floor at OKW for medical reasons; got first floor at OKW
September 2005 - requested fourth floor facing the lake at Pop Century; got fourth floor facing the lake
September 2006 - requested king bed, fourth floor facing the lake; got double beds, second floor facing the parking lot (changed next day to king bed, third floor, facing a parking lot)
September 2007 - requested king bed, fourth floor, facing the lake; got king bed, third floor, more or less facing the lake.

The best advice I got was from my TA who put my request on my reservation for me! Keep the requests simple and have them noted either by yourself (if you booked yourself) or your TA if you are using one. When you do final payment (if a package), double check nicely to see if the request was noted because sometimes the CMs do not put the requests on. At time of check in, reiterate your request nicely to the castmember at the desk. If at all possible, they will try to accommodate you.

I have both gotten and not gotten requests even when they were on my packages. Example: July 4th check in at BC...requested full balcony, ended up with partial because there were no full balcony rooms available. However, a December check in at WL, requested overlooking pool and was given that view.

If you are travelling during a peak season or around a holiday, be prepared that even though your request is noted, it may not happen if the resort is booked to capacity.

June

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that has always got what she requested. But then if the back up room wasn't ready, which has happened, I just waited.

About the most we've asked for was bunk beds at WL, and we got it every time we requested it. Of course, having two kids of different sexes probably helped...

we've only been once as a family and didn't get our first or second or third choice of room at All Star Movies. It was okay though, we were still at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter