• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room request dilemma

delux

Mouseketeer
I am checking in this Friday, yay! Staying at POR with my old college roommate. Normally we wouldn't care about room requests so I paid for "standard room" But a friend of mine will be joining us for one night so now we may need the Murphy Bed.
So if I request a room with a Murphy Bed are we going to end up way in the back of the resort (translation very far from MORNING COFFEE) Not that I wouldn't be that close to begin with because like I said, I did not pay for a preferred room (close to coffee, lol)
I looked at a couple of threads but I couldn't figure out what buildings have the Murphy beds.

delux said:
I am checking in this Friday, yay! Staying at POR with my old college roommate. Normally we wouldn't care about room requests so I paid for "standard room" But a friend of mine will be joining us for one night so now we may need the Murphy Bed.
So if I request a room with a Murphy Bed are we going to end up way in the back of the resort (translation very far from MORNING COFFEE) Not that I wouldn't be that close to begin with because like I said, I did not pay for a preferred room (close to coffee, lol)
I looked at a couple of threads but I couldn't figure out what buildings have the Murphy beds.

From all photos and reports, the Murphy bed really won't work for an adult. Could one of you just share a regular bed with another on the one night you have the third person there?

Why don't you call and see if there are any upgrades available or you could try at check-in.

We ended up with a Murphy bed on our last trip (we didn't need it) but I pulled it down just to see. I am 5'3" tall and I just barely fit on it, and I don't think I would have gotten one bit of sleep if I would have had to sleep on it. We were in Alligator Bayou section, building 15 I think.

We ended up with a Murphy bed on our last trip (we didn't need it) but I pulled it down just to see. I am 5'3" tall and I just barely fit on it, and I don't think I would have gotten one bit of sleep if I would have had to sleep on it. We were in Alligator Bayou section, building 15 I think.

Oh, I didn't realize they were that small, yikes. So I guess I don't have to ask for one and will just try to get a room as close as possible. I hope to stay in the mansions but it really doesn't matter too much.

Love the Mansion section. I'd request Acadian House or magnolia Terrace, near bridge to Old Man Island side of building. Your coffee is just across this bridge and a short walk around main pool :goodvibes. There is also a coffee maker in the room.

The rooms have queen beds. But if you are uncomfortable sharing, is it possible for the person joining you to bring an air mattress? Just a thought. An adult won't be comfy in the Murphy bed, as mentioned. So no point requesting Alligator Bayou.

The ,Murphy beds are ONLY in the alligator bayou rooms, not the mansions. Check out Portorleans.org and the POR thread on this board if you need more info about locations...

can you request a roll away and pay the daily fee? Also, there will be a fee for the third adult in the room too

The Murphy Bed is 5.5' by 2.5'. In other word, small kid sized.

can you request a roll away and pay the daily fee? Also, there will be a fee for the third adult in the room too

I would vote for this option as well.

I have a Pooh sized friend who HAS slept on the Murphy bed and declared it "not bad", but I dunno.

Another time I was in a similar situation as you that a third party was going to join us. I was told 2 check in that I could not request a Murphy bed unless I had three people on the reservation or update the reservation to show 3 people.

I would vote for this option as well.

I have a Pooh sized friend who HAS slept on the Murphy bed and declared it "not bad", but I dunno.

Another time I was in a similar situation as you that a third party was going to join us. I was told 2 check in that I could not request a Murphy bed unless I had three people on the reservation or update the reservation to show 3 people.

From my understanding, Port Orleans no longer has the option of rollaways, since they added the queen sized beds.

For our trip in April to French Quarter, we're planning on bringing an air mattress for our son, so none of the adults have to sleep with a kicker.

The murphy bed dimensions are 63 inches by 30 inches, so they can accommodate anyone around 5 feet or shorter.

The rollaways were done away with when they went from double to queen beds; they no longer fit.

And while the extra adult fee would apply, most likely for just one night, they will waive it.

I have had friends stay one night two times and they didn't even charge me for it.

The murphy beds are meant for children 12 and under. The only way to guarantee you get a room with a murphy bed is to book a preferred room, since all preferred rooms are in AB and all rooms in AB have the murphy bed. Otherwise, you may or may not get one since it would just be a request. Families of 5 who have a need for the murphy bed would take priority.

ETA: do king rooms in AB have murphy beds out of curiosity? I said all rooms but now I'm curious! OP - this is of no concern to you, since you would have had to book the king category to get a king bed.

The murphy beds are meant for children 12 and under. The only way to guarantee you get a room with a murphy bed is to book a preferred room, since all preferred rooms are in AB and all rooms in AB have the murphy bed. Otherwise, you may or may not get one since it would just be a request. Families of 5 who have a need for the murphy bed would take priority.

ETA: do king rooms in AB have murphy beds out of curiosity? I said all rooms but now I'm curious! OP - this is of no concern to you, since you would have had to book the king category to get a king bed.

We have been discussing that on the POR thread; it doesn't really make sense to provide a king bed and murphy for rooms that they say are a family of 5. However, it has been stated that AB has king bed rooms.

Luckily for us, Andre is there this week and he is checking into it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter