*roll Call * Nov.11, 07 Wonder

Packed and ready to go. We are traveling coast to coast so it will be a full day of travel. Hope to run into all of you at some point.

Enjoy your cruise....last transmission...

I hope that everyone enjoyed the cruise as much as we did! I'm sorry that I couldn't make the DIS Meet @ 3:30, but we drove down from DC and we were all sleeping! Hope to cruise with you all again in the (very) near future!

Four of the five of us had a WONDERful time and are talking about doing it again in 5 years. The other one had a good time on her own, I guess (long story). Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. Four days is just not enough time!

I was unable to meet any of you nice people on the boards. My wife and daughter became ill almost immediately and were placed under 48 hour quaratine.

On the plus side, we had a very nice stateroom and the concierge service was spectacular. We made the best of a bad situation and booked next years cruise November 9th.

I hope all of you had a WONDERful cruise and hope to meet some of you next year if you are sailing. Thank you for all of the insight and advice of making the best of our cruise.

Dognut, sorry that your wife and daughter got sick and hope that you all got to enjoy at least some of this wonderful cruise.

Am sorry that we did not get to the meet and greet either. I'm not sure what exactly we were doing then; the little guy may have been taking a nap before having to go to the lifeboat drill. He absolutely LOVED the Oceaneer's Club and DD, DH, and myself all enjoyed the martini tasting they had in Diversions Monday night, and DH and I did it again on Weds. night. A fun and tasty adult event.

We were also impressed with Castaway Cay and also with the many opportunities to see the Disney charactors everywhere.

We hope to do a 7-night Disney cruise in 2009.

Marilyn

Hello all.....so sorry Dognut that your Family got sick! Hope you got to enjoy at least some of your long awaited cruise! :confused3
Taffygirl, I bet your little one and my littel played alot in the Oceaneer Club. She absolutely loved it! It is so much better now that they have redone the program.:thumbsup2
I did have the pleasure of meeting CastawayJP and his family, Catfish show, very briefly in the Parrot Cay Dining room and I think everyday we ran into Disney JLS-Jennifer, Bob and Samantha, but then again we were right next door to each other. The kids had fun talking over the Balconies!princess:
I was sure tempted to book on the cruise, but decided to hold out and take my chances on a better deal closer to the cruise.
I did find out during the "question and answer" with the Captain and crew that the Magic is going into dry dock for 2 weeks in October 2008 and will have a lot of work done. It will only be in dry dock for two weeks, but they will be working quickly to update the ship and maintainence on the bottom.
So definitely a consideration after October.
I also found out that Port canaveral has some steep competition for getting one of the new ships. I wasn't real happy about that.:sad2: I guess the Ports and cruise industry is doing really well in the California. I guess we'll see what the marketing shows....I sure would hate not getting at least one new ship here in 2010!
Anyways, I probably saw you all at least once, but didn't know who you were! Hope you all enjoyed your vacation!!!
Denise

I also found out that Port canaveral has some steep competition for getting one of the new ships. I wasn't real happy about that.:sad2: I guess the Ports and cruise industry is doing really well in the California. I guess we'll see what the marketing shows....I sure would hate not getting at least one new ship here in 2010!
Yes, but the 2 new ships will be too large to fit through the Panama Canal. The Wonder and Magic will both fit, so does that give them a better chance at being based in CA and maybe at least one of the new ships will be in the Caribbean? Is the Magic going to be 'updated' for cruising to Alaska? We must only wait and see. I booked on-board in hopes of an Alaskan cruise in 2009. If not, we'll settle for an Eastern.

whether you want to admit it or not, you all saw me.

221941165-L.jpg

i'm busy uploading all my pics to my gallery now... it's working on day 2.

i loved the oceaneer's club myself :) spent some time in it during the family time as well as during the art of the theme tour or whatever it's called, while the kids were all at the graduation ceremony. got some great pics of it. loved the cannons too.

We are a family of three and are so ready for our cruise this Sunday. We are going down Sat and will be staying at the CI&S. Who all is with us. I know there is another thread here somewhere just counldn't find it.

Hi guys,

I haven't checked here in awhile - missing all the scoop!

Well, we (my DH and DS) are still feeling the woozieness of the ship - is anyone else still feeling dizzy and stuff! I am really starting to get worried about how long this is lasting.

We are generally happy with the cruise - but feel that my expectations were too high, so have some disapointments.

DS - like the club, but did not want to go on the last day! - just wanted to play with his cars in the stateroom - kinda put a kink in our plans for the day - finally got him to go after lunch - he says a kid hurt him and he didn't want to go back! Kinda disturbing since we never got paged about anything.

I was really bummed about not getting a Palo Brunch - I was there really early - thinking they had a few extra set aside - no luck - I was 5th on the waiting list :-(

Not impressed with the wait staff - I had a lot of trouble understanding what they were saying - and even though I know two languages - no luck - I had to guess what meal he was talking about....

Our room guy was nice - but would not help with putting up a little Happy Birthday banner I brought - said I had to go to Guest Services.... what a drag - so I went and got five little pieces on tape on my hand, and did it myself.

Castaway Cay was great - the adult beach was wonderful - just couldn't seem to relax! Nassau was amazing - we did the beach day! What a treat - great beaches, great aquarium - and DS wrote his name for the first time in the sand!!!

I put some pics up on my Flikr account - come take a look

Wish I was feeling hungry while on the boat - got off and we were all starving!! weird.

Anyone else feeling dizzy?

Anyone else feeling dizzy?

It took a few days for the boat to stop rocking for me! This was my 3rd cruise, and I don't remember feeling the swaying after the cruise before. Of course the seas were worse on this one than on my previous 2 7-day cruises. One of my DD and I had a couple of rough days from the seas, and I missed 2 dinners, but it wasn't enough to spoil my cruise. I was OK after a nap and some Sea Calm. We had Palo brunch. I booked early enough to get main dining, and my ressie said main dining, but when we got our dining tickets we were listed for the 8:30 seating! I should have tried to get it changed, but didn't. I sure didn't like eating around my usual bedtime!

What is Sea Calm?
That's the tablets that you can get from Guest Services or the Medical Center for motion sickness. It's meclizine (generic). It makes me really sleepy the first few days I take it, and I usually start on it 2-3 days before my cruise.

Did anyone know the lady in the Parrot suit on Pirate night??

What a great costume :-)

It was really funny when they came into the Bingo on Pirate night! Loved that Jamee!

you mean the guy in the parrot suit with a woman in the wheelchair along with build-a-bears?

seems they just kept circling around the atrium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter