Roll Call: March 14, 04 Disney Wonder

We are thinking of booking a room at Comfort Suite across from Atlantis...so that we may be able to use the full facilities....We should be firming that decision up by the end of next week. Or, our other choice would also be taking a taxi to Atlantis to see the premises and to see their aquirium.

And if none work out then we will be staying on board..and enjoying the ship:)

We would very likely just get down for a few minutes at nassau and then go back to the Shp;

OR

we may take a taxi to the Cable Beach.

The Atlantis excursion seems very tempting but the cost seems to be too high for us: would rather save money to visit one theme park after the cruise. We are returning to Toronto the next day after we disbark.

Really anxious to find out the stateroom assignment.

We have also requested for the APTA rotation. What about you guys?

We have made no requests in regards to dining as yet...however will probably have the late seating, since it worked out fine for us on the Magic last year.

We are leaving for Toronto on the 18th..but late at night, however will be doing the 'parks' from the 10th to embarkation. I can't wait:):)

Cable beach sounds like a very good option as well for Nassau..I am going to be researching both options much further this week.:smooth:

Hoping for our docs sometime soon:):)

I was considering getting a room at Comfort Suites to use the waterslides - DSs would love it! But them I realized that I would have to pay the $200 for the room even if the weather was lousy. I guess I'm too cheap to take the chance!!

We have the late dinner seating. I didn't know you could request a rotation. How did you do it? The night we try to reserve Palo depends a lot on the rotation. Of course I'm going to try to get a Palo reservation on the last night so we can 'experience' all the dining rooms, but I'm sure the last night reservations go pretty fast.

Vivig : Hey, I also live in Toronto. When are you leaving Toronto for Orlando? Do you have kids? Coz I find late seating is almost impossible for our kids: 5 and 7. They usually go to bed at 8:00 pm.

sk8ingmom: I asked my TA to put thru my request for the dining rotation and for a large table for 12. I was given late dining seating but hope that we can get it changed to early seating.

queenvic: My kids' age is close to yours. Believe they will meet in the club. Did you order cabin side by side with your neighbour's family?

jujusmom: how old are your kids?

mkandk: Are you also first time cruise like us?

debaudrn: did you buy any insurance? How's preparation?

istokes: hello to you. Can you beleive that I have already started packing :) Really can't wait!

parrothead365: learnt that it would be your 2nd cruise. When was your first one?

txmomof3: how old are your 3 kids?

We reserved 3 category 11 cabins with 2 other families whose kids are the same age as ours. What about you guys?

Look forward to knowing you more and meeting you face to face on the SHIP!

HI there,

Yes, we have a son who will be 6 1/2 years old when we cruise. We will be leaving on March 10, 2004 and staying at POR. We are doing the land and sea package this time around.

All I dream about is this trip..( And winning the Super 7:))!!!

BTW, we purchased insurance for the trip with RBC insurance.

Late seating is fine for our son, he is in bed by 8:00 pm during the school year...however he managed the late seating last year without a problem.

We should organize a DIS meet onboard...unfortunately we did not attend last year's...we got too busy and the time passed us right by.

Talk to you all soon:)

Originally posted by Vivig
[We should organize a DIS meet onboard...unfortunately we did not attend last year's...we got too busy and the time passed us right by.
[/B]

Is DIS meet held on every cruise?

No, there is not a DIS meet on every cruise....it is only if individuals would like to meet....it was only a suggestion and in no means does one have to take place......

Hi everyone!
We are looking forward to meeting you all! We requested our excursions but haven't heard anything back yet. We asked for the Stingray City/Blue Laggon Beach day at Nassau and we are splurging at CC for the parasailing and then Getaway pkg. DS is 10 and 88 lbs. He needs to gain 2 lbs for the parasailing! DD turns 8 next month and will not be able to do parasailing this trip.

Our stateroom # is 6058. I really wanted the verandah. Living in West Texas I want to see the water! :boat:

We just booked this cruise for our family of five, deck 2 connecting rooms. DS7, DS10, DS12. We're a little concerned because the 2 older will be together in kids clubs leaving the youngest separate. Anyone else in this situation? We booked a room at Comfort Suites for Atlantis water slides. DSs saw pictures on the web site and really want to do it. DH will have to set this out unless we can take turns because we don't want to pay for another room in order to have 5 wrist bands. Is anyone getting a room with less than 4 in your party? If you are we would be happy to reimburse you for 1/4 of the room in order to have the 4th wrist band if that's possible. If anyone is interested contact me to work out details. Hope to see some of you on the cruise.

Originally posted by Little Twin Stars
Is DIS meet held on every cruise?

I asked because I thought it is organized on every cruise at a designated time, and that all we have to do is to go there and meet.

That will be great if it is. :)

Originally posted by Little Twin Stars

mkandk: Are you also first time cruise like us?

Yes, we are.:wave2: This will be our 3rd trip to DisneyWorld, and I've been on these boards since the first trip, and have been wanting to cruise ALL this time, finally doing it.

I have a 9yo boy and an 8 yo girl...it's cool that all of these kids are pretty close in age! Mine are a little shy, so I hope they still have fun.

Whoever mentioned getting a room at Nassau but was worried about the weather, I have the OPPOSITE worry. I was going to hold out for the beach until we get to Castaway Cay, but if the weather's bad and we miss it, I WILL be bummed. We are bringing snorkeling gear and I want to use it.:teeth: So I'm thinking about booking the Blue Lagoon thing, and if we have time, just browsing Atlantis afterwards.

OOOHHHH! People who are cruising 2 weeks before us are starting to get docs! It can't be long now!!!!

This is exactly what I am thinking and hoping for: getting our docs in 2 weeks.

But I may get it a bit later as we booked our thru a TA.

Anyway, would love to hear as soon as anyone of you receives your docs.

Thanks.

(Have you guys started packing yet? Is everything set? We just bought an underwater camera at Walmart last week but could not find any snorkel gear!)

:hyper: I GOT MY DOCS TODAY :hyper:

I booked through DU. It can't be long now!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter