• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROLL CALL: 12/27/2003 - Who's Goin'??

Anyone have any information on what New Year's Eve will be like on the Magic??!!

I've heard Christmas is amazing, but not much on New Year's.

Would love to hear all about it, if anyone want to share information.

Just think, a year from now we'll be packin'!!

Michele:bounce: :Pinkbounc

From what I have read on the boards all of the christams decorations are down for this cruise. They have a huge party to bring in the new year. They have the adult party and the family party going on. They have huge tv to broadcast bring in the new year and to show the different parties aboard the ship.

We were on the Wonder for New Years Eve, 2001. The atrium was packed with people on all levels. They gave out free champagne in plastic glasses (great souvenirs), hats and streamers. They had some big screens showing the countdown on board in the kids club, the different lounges (each had their own party), Times square. We had our own DJ in the atrium. Very crowded and messy but everything was done by about 12:30. I guess we could have gone to the clubs, they probably went a lot later. DS (14) and DD (12) came in much later. LOL.
We've heard stories on the boards about fireworks on deck but there were problems if you were in a port so that was stopped. I think fireworks would be great if you were at sea. Maybe if we were docked at Castaway Cay, we could have a party on the beach? I'm gonna have to go look at the photo albums for anything else. We rarely go out on New Years Eve but we really enjoyed that party. Looking forward to partying a year from now.
Tony and Debbie

Woohoo! Only a short year and a month to go...I'll be there too for my first cruise ever!!
I just wanted to post to put this back on page one....LOL

If we arrange a Dismeet on board we'll be able to have it in the hallway since it looks like we have all the secret porthole cabins. LOL. Had a Dismeet in Niagara Falls yesterday with some other Canadian Disers. Had a great time and Disney is a major sponsor of the light show there so Mickey and the gang were all there to put on a show for us.
Tony and Debbie

Just think - a year from now we'll be packin'!!

Glad to hear the ship left port on Saturday all "scrubbed down". Let's hope everyone on board has a great Thanksgiving.

And, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone on this thread!!! Lookin forward to meeting/seeing you next year!

Michele

You are going to wait a whole year to pack. I'm doing my packing now! lol It should be lots of fun. I can't wait! We don't have a secret port room :( But this time we will be in a cat. 10 instead of cat 12. I'm looking forward to a split bathroom!

Hi there! It has been a while since I have posted. I have been busy with school and getting ready for finals. I have also been getting ready for my DH's surgery on Dec. 20th ( getting right elbow fixed). It is hard to believe that in 13 months, we all will be on the "Magic". Time is flying by!!!:Pinkbounc
It doesn't seem to be long that long ago when we booked (in May of this year). I hope it keeps going this fast!!!:bounce: :bounce:
I hope all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving from one Disney Cruise Line lover to another!!!:smooth:

Keep in touch!!:jester: :jester: :Pinkbounc

Lisa

We don't have a secret porthole room either. We get the same cabins everytime - two connecting on Deck 6.

It's great because it's near the aft staircase and down the hall from the laundry room. We love it!

Anyway, just found out the my brother (he and his little girl will be joining us again on the Magic) needs to have some major surgery - both of his knees and hips need to be replaced due to degenerative arthritis.

While it will be very painful and require him and his little girl to move in with me for a few months, we talk about how next year at this time all of the pain will be behind and he'll be walking great just in time for our cruise next year.

That seemed to give him a goal to shoot for!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!

Michele

I'm glad that he has a disney cruise to look forward to! That's what keeps me going to work each day and I love my job! On my laptop, I have a beach scene that my daughter thinks comes from Mickey's island!

We were just thinking that last year we were on the Wonder for New Years Eve and next year we will be on the Magic. This year we're going to the local park to watch fireworks. Typical small town affair, done by 12:05 and head home. Why can't we cruise every New Years Eve? LOL. When we booked we had about 450 days to go. Now we're down to 360! It doesn't seem too far off. Hope you all had a great Christmas and enjoy this New Years Eve. We'll be thinking about last year and especially next year.
Tony and Debbie

We were just saying the same thing!! In fact, was trying to look up airfare on-line today, for the trip, but it's still a bit too early.

It should be here before we know it.

Happy, and Safe, New Year everyone!

:smooth: Michele

disneykins,

You said that you were on the Wonder for New Years Eve last year. How was the weather? Was it worth the premium price to bring in the New Year on the boat?
THanks,
Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,
The weather was warm, we swam at Castaway Cay and just strolled around Nassau for a few hours. Got caught in a huge downpour in Nassau so just stayed in a shop for a bit and bought an umbrella for the walk back to the ship. DS14 went on the "Teen Junkanoo" party boat excursion around the island that night and just wore shorts. I think it rained a little near the end of the Castaway Cay day, too but nothing to bad. We had a great time bringing in the New Year in the Atrium. They gave out hats and streamers and waiters came around with complimentary champagne in keepsake glasses. Very crowded though. They had a DJ and screens set up to watch the countdown from Times Square and the clubs on board. I guess the different clubs all had their own parties going on until the wee hours. We were back in our cabin by 12:30, I think but DS14 and DD12 were out until about 2 at their club parties. We dont do much usually on New Years Eve so we thought this was great fun and signed up again for this year.

Hi there! Are we all excited??!!:bounce: It is hard to believe that the time is really going fast, but I wish it would go quicker!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I was wondering if I could ask all of you who are going to be on this particular cruise a question.
My DH and I are going to be renewing our wedding vows on the cruise (it will be 17 years and still going strong!!:smooth: )
It will only be myself, my hubby and my DS (he's our best man).
I mentioned this to my DH and he said to go ahead and ask all of you this.
Would anyone be willing to share our happy day with us? Maybe we can get together in a DIS meet and meet each other. :Pinkbounc
We would be honored and accept any of you who wish to help us celebrate!!:bounce: We would like for someone to run our camcorder for us, if anyone decides to come. My family won't be there so that is why we are thinking of taking our camcorder.
You don't have to decide right now, think on it.
I really do want to meet all of my fellow DISers!!:smooth: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
Thanks,
Lisa:earsgirl:

Lisa,
We'd love to witness you renewing your wedding vows. DW, DS16 and DD14 and I have met other DISers on board before and its always a lot of fun to meet people we've spent so much time conversing with on the boards. The only problem we could see is if we are on an excursion or spa treatment on that day. Or if the kids would rather be in the clubs. I think as our date gets closer we'll probably arrange a meet on board even if we cant make your vow renewal.

I would love to meet everyone. I would also be more than happy to tape the ceremony for you (as long as DD isn't sick:rolleyes:). We are actually booking our room on Monday (have to wait 11 months out) with our DVC points. Then I'll let you know what room where in. Just let me know where and when you'll need me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter