ROFR??

Given the disparity between retail and resale, the numbers are always in their favor. Sometimes just not enough. I mean, why make only 50% when you can make 80%?
Given that 50% should be roughly their profit on retail points from new projects, even at that level it's not a win for them, it's not free money. Certainly there are other reasons to use ROFR and those are the main ways they use it, to control behavior.

My original one was $86 per point, nothing in 16 but full points from 2017 onwards with a June U/Y. My current one is a lot cheaper, $74 per point but with no points in 16 and 110 out of 160 in 18. I'm hoping that the lack of current points will make it less enticing for DVC lol

Could the use year be it? What was your first contract's use year? I am curious....wonder if that is part of this whole rofr equation!!
Aren't you getting married this fall? I hope you get your contract!!!

Could the use year be it? What was your first contract's use year? I am curious....wonder if that is part of this whole rofr equation!!
Aren't you getting married this fall? I hope you get your contract!!!
It could be, the first use year was August, It's next fall I'm getting married and we will hopefully be using DVC for our stay if ROFR ever comes back as a pass haha :')
Thank you! :D

It could be, the first use year was August, It's next fall I'm getting married and we will hopefully be using DVC for our stay if ROFR ever comes back as a pass haha :')
Thank you! :D

If my BLT march use year passes for $106 per point....I will say it might be use year!!! March is not a common one and does not seem to be a wanted one either. I have to really wait for a march uy contract to come available!! However it works for me!!

Sean,
Don't give up hope. We were ROFR'd refusal on 2 BWV contracts, June use year in Oct/Nov. We decided that we'd try a different use year - March and we passed in 6 days. The March contract was less $ than the other two. I really believe that they exercise ROFR based on the use year and customer demand.

Sean,
Don't give up hope. We were ROFR'd refusal on 2 BWV contracts, June use year in Oct/Nov. We decided that we'd try a different use year - March and we passed in 6 days. The March contract was less $ than the other two. I really believe that they exercise ROFR based on the use year and customer demand.
interesting... hopefully they won't want my April UY one!!

If my BLT march use year passes for $106 per point....I will say it might be use year!!! March is not a common one and does not seem to be a wanted one either. I have to really wait for a march uy contract to come available!! However it works for me!!
They took multiple BLT March UY last summer/fall (including ours) but recently I've seen multiple Feb UY being mentioned as taken

They took multiple BLT March UY last summer/fall (including ours) but recently I've seen multiple Feb UY being mentioned as taken

No!!!!! I hope mine makes it....I need march to match my other two march contracts. I will not deal with seperate member numbers/transferring points etc. Keep things simple is my mantra!

Given that 50% should be roughly their profit on retail points from new projects, even at that level it's not a win for them, it's not free money. Certainly there are other reasons to use ROFR and those are the main ways they use it, to control behavior.

It would be interesting to know how many people that got ROFR actually did change their behaviour. I'm assuming you mean to go and buy direct instead. I've had quiet a few contracts ROFR and it certainly didn't change my behaviour. For me resale is all about the price. With resale prices I see value in purchasing, in direct, I don't. So if the resale market didn't exist, I would not be an owner.

It would be interesting to know how many people that got ROFR actually did change their behaviour. I'm assuming you mean to go and buy direct instead. I've had quiet a few contracts ROFR and it certainly didn't change my behaviour. For me resale is all about the price. With resale prices I see value in purchasing, in direct, I don't. So if the resale market didn't exist, I would not be an owner.

I concur, if buying direct made the slightest bit of sense for us we would do it merely to save the hassle. It is just flat out not worth it for our family at direct prices however. A dozen ROFR's going against us wouldn't change that

Got word I passed yesterday!! (sent 2/17-passed 3/2) Alot passed yesterday, maybe it was the ROFR evil witches day off? pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter