ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ROFR amigos. I'm tempted to pivot and start hunting for AKV points instead of CCV. Seems like we'll stay at that resort on most trips for at least a few days and booking at 11 months might help us get some of the rooms we want at Jambo from time to time. Also, I guess we do love Peter Dominick's designs a lot :)

What would be a great target price to try and get a somewhat stripped AKV contract at? Is low 100s even worth trying for?

Hey ROFR amigos. I'm tempted to pivot and start hunting for AKV points instead of CCV. Seems like we'll stay at that resort on most trips for at least a few days and booking at 11 months might help us get some of the rooms we want at Jambo from time to time. Also, I guess we do love Peter Dominick's designs a lot :)

What would be a great target price to try and get a somewhat stripped AKV contract at? Is low 100s even worth trying for?
We loved AKV when we stayed there in September....if only I had a little bit more money I would so take this dive!

If Aulani made its way down to $80 a point resale, I would leap at the opportunity. Honestly even $90 would probably make me pull the trigger, and we are heading in that direction.

Disney wasn’t letting much (anything?) pass below low/mid 140s until very recently. If I remember correctly, there were some passes in the 120s this or last week. Those are the first contracts that low that I’ve seen pass in a long while other than a random here or there. I’d shoot low anyway and see what sticks, though, since it seems like maybe Disney/ROFR lady are backing off a bit right now and it seems like there isn’t a lot of movement at the moment.

I bought a stripped AKV back in covid. Now I kick myself because one contract popped for exactly $100 and it flew back then. I have noticed many have been sitting on the market a long time for AK, especially the larger ones. All you can do is offer that low ball and give it a shot. Someone wants out.

Not sure how many points you’re looking for but I see a nice 320pt contract with an international seller on dvcstore.com that you can offer whatever you want and if the seller is eager to offload then you don’t have to worry about ROFR. That’s how I got my semi stripped AKV earlier this year.

Someone wants out.
What happens if you really want/need out because you can no longer afford the annual dues? What options are there?

Are you able to give the contract back to Disney, i.e. sell it to them for $0 per point? What is the likelihood of someone buying resale at $50 per point when the last sold prices (however limited in volume) were $100?

What happens if you really want/need out because you can no longer afford the annual dues? What options are there?

Are you able to give the contract back to Disney, i.e. sell it to them for $0 per point? What is the likelihood of someone buying resale at $50 per point when the last sold prices (however limited in volume) were $100?
Either rent out your points to cover the dues or put it on the market. Somebody out there will test the ROFR market at the lowest price possible because it doesn’t cost anything for the buyer to try. If someone is that desperate to shed their contract, they’ll be able to albeit at a low price

Either rent out your points to cover the dues or put it on the market. Somebody out there will test the ROFR market at the lowest price possible because it doesn’t cost anything for the buyer to try. If someone is that desperate to shed their contract, they’ll be able to albeit at a low price

To add to this, I know DVC Resale Market had the instant sale option.

That alone would give one an out. But as long as parks exist someone will, as you say, attempt to buy it if it’s priced low enough.

Is there a particular reason you have found one use year more useful than another? I picked up a OKWe contract (my first contract) with an October use year. I am hoping I didn't overpay and that I don't regret it haha. I probaby have a stay at Aulani planned (if I can book at 7 months), I only have 50pts per year but have 50 banked from last year so I figure I can get two days in. We then plan on a trip in December of 24' but I find my family is most available December-Feb each year.
You want your most likely travel dates to be within your banking window, which is the first 8 months of your use year. Basically, if you think of the three or four month stretch when you're LEAST likely to travel, you want your use year to start the following month.

October will work for you.

Never give it back for free to DVC. Just contact a resale company and list at a low price. There are also a few that will give you an instant sale. Granted the price will be lower than the lowest resale listed price. DVC at one point was doing buy backs, but the price was about 50% that of resale prices.

To add to this, I know DVC Resale Market had the instant sale option.

That alone would give one an out. But as long as parks exist someone will, as you say, attempt to buy it if it’s priced low enough.
I’ve heard of this but I can’t seem to find a link to these listings that are instant sale. Perhaps there are none at the moment?

I’ve heard of this but I can’t seem to find a link to these listings that are instant sale. Perhaps there are none at the moment?

This is for a seller, not a buyer. When I wanted to sell SSR in March I could have done an instant sale for $118/point.

Since I wanted a quick sale I considered it but the agent and I agreed to try it for $125/ which was still below going rate.

I got quick offer for $120 and took it so ended up with about $400 more than what I could have done by doing the instant sale which helped offset some of the commission.

Basically, as a seller, if you need to get out fast, right now there are ways to do it by going this route vs waiting for a buyer.

This is for a seller, not a buyer. When I wanted to sell SSR in March I could have done an instant sale for $118/point.

Since I wanted a quick sale I considered it but the agent and I agreed to try it for $125/ which was still below going rate.

I got quick offer for $120 and took it so ended up with about $400 more than what I could have done by doing the instant sale which helped offset some of the commission.

Basically, as a seller, if you need to get out fast, right now there are ways to do it by going this route vs waiting for a buyer.
Did they give you any information on how long it was taking for buyers and sellers to agree to a sale?

Were listings sitting for weeks or months before a price was agreed to?

You want your most likely travel dates to be within your banking window, which is the first 8 months of your use year. Basically, if you think of the three or four month stretch when you're LEAST likely to travel, you want your use year to start the following month.

October will work for you.
Thanks, I am a local theater teacher so my travel periods are pretty strapped as we live in Japan in the summers and have shows going until Nov and then Jan-March. Really best season for me is seeming more and more like December and Jan for the next 5-8 years until I retire.

Did they give you any information on how long it was taking for buyers and sellers to agree to a sale?

Were listings sitting for weeks or months before a price was agreed to?

Honestly, I don't follow the resale market very well anymore because RIV is our top resort and owning resale doesn't work for us...unless it is RIV resale, which we do own as well. But, over the years, I have bought and sold contracts and most of them sold within a few weeks, and negotiations were decided within a few days...as that was a requirement for me.

In this case, I was adding on VGF direct points...originally, just 150 but then when they allowed me to buy 300, 150 in two different UY's and get the 300 point price, I went for it, and sold my SSR points. I had only paid $75/point for them so honestly, wasn't concerned about price as no matter what I got I knew it was more than I paid so I was willing to go below ROFR...and of course, it was taken by Disney as $120/pt was below the threshold at the time.

But, most reports here are that contracts are sitting longer than they were in the first half of 2022...though this may be typical of this time of year....I do think, given what we are seeing with more contracts passing at lower levels for some of the resorts, deals are to be had for buyers if they can find a seller who is okay with accepting less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter