ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the quietest this thread has been in a long time. I guess everyone wants to keep their xmas DVC purchase a surprise.
I don't think anyone is buying or selling. The market is stagnant. The Board's sponsor is approaching 800 listings. The rental market is also stagnant too. DVC Rental Store only has rental requests for BCV and some VGC, but nothing else. I think the DVC market is saturated.

I don't think anyone is buying or selling. The market is stagnant. The Board's sponsor is approaching 800 listings. The rental market is also stagnant too. DVC Rental Store only has rental requests for BCV and some VGC, but nothing else. I think the DVC market is saturated.
I recently put a contract up for sale for the first time. I’d say that it’s unfortunate timing but, to be honest, I didn’t really want to sell it anyway lol… so I guess maybe it’s actually good timing?

Yup we are at 30-something days now from our October submission for waiting to hear back on ROFR.

I recently put a contract up for sale for the first time. I’d say that it’s unfortunate timing but, to be honest, I didn’t really want to sell it anyway lol… so I guess maybe it’s actually good timing?
It will be interesting where the DVC market will go. With 3 active resorts currently selling with VDH about to come online and Poly Tower soon after, on top of all the resale listing, is there really a market for all these contracts? Meanwhile, there are no planned park expansions in the near future. I'm starting to wonder if Disney has built too many hotels and timeshares. I haven't been part of the community long enough to have long term perspective so I may be jumping to conclusions.

I didn’t think it would take this long for ROFR this time. I thought since so many people are selling on the market and fewer are buying things would move faster. Seems slow at the moment.

This is the quietest this thread has been in a long time. I guess everyone wants to keep their xmas DVC purchase a surprise.
Yeah, I've been lurking because we are selling our contract and currently at 23 days of waiting on ROFR. It's AKV and a low price so I'm wondering if Disney will take it. It seems like no movement over past week or so. I agree with others though, the market seems saturated at the moment and people don't have a ton of excess cash laying around.

Yeah, I've been lurking because we are selling our contract and currently at 23 days of waiting on ROFR. It's AKV and a low price so I'm wondering if Disney will take it. It seems like no movement over past week or so. I agree with others though, the market seems saturated at the moment and people don't have a ton of excess cash laying around.
I’m waiting for ROFR decision on a 50-point AKL contract, which was submitted 11/14, and I really hope to hear something by the end of the year. I don’t know if that’s wishful thinking at this point, but I’m super excited nevertheless!

I thought I posted but I guess I didn’t. I went higher than I had on price per point this time and also switched to buyer paying closing for this contract to see if I could get it through. The banked points concern me as I haven’t seen much of those go through but I wanted them $168-$33,600-200-BLT-AUG-0/21, 400/22, 200/23 sent 10/24
Passed 11/30! Woohoo

Listing prices are still way to high for the current economic environment. Things will start moving again when a 20% reduction starts being the normal listing below current prices. I think a lot of people are rethinking their Disney travel habits with all the recent price hikes. I know we have, just closed on selling our VGF contract that would have let us go twice a year. We sold at $165/point which was more than what we bought it for, but is $10/point lower than most current listings.

Listing prices are still way to high for the current economic environment. Things will start moving again when a 20% reduction starts being the normal listing below current prices. I think a lot of people are rethinking their Disney travel habits with all the recent price hikes. I know we have, just closed on selling our VGF contract that would have let us go twice a year. We sold at $165/point which was more than what we bought it for, but is $10/point lower than most current listings.
The incentives on direct for VGF will drive that price down. We are headed to closing on 300 direct points at VGF and it was $181 a point.

The incentives on direct for VGF will drive that price down. We are headed to closing on 300 direct points at VGF and it was $181 a point.
This goes to show that Disney holds all the cards. Before VGF2, it was easily selling for $200+ resale because VGF was once a small boutique resort. Then they add 200 more rooms by converting an existing hotel building and it totally dragged down its resale value. If gives me pause that Disney can do this to ANY resort if they feel that they’re hotels struggle on the cash side. Many people would love to see this happen at Yacht Club. But it would come at the expense of BCV owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!