ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
soooo....I made a deal for that Aulani Contract before seeing the details in this thread. Again big THANK YOU to the community for helping me catch what would have been a mistake that wouldn't have been fun!

The seller sent me the dues statement.
2021 dues are actually $1670.78 ($8.3539 per point)
2020 operating and capital reserves credit is -$334.92
2020 Estimated vs Actual Taxes is $0.22
NET is $1336.08

Props to @CaptainAmerica for figuring it out first. FWIW they are willing to accept $100/pp but I'm not interested in an unsubsidized contract

soooo....I made a deal for that Aulani Contract before seeing the details in this thread. Again big THANK YOU to the community for helping me catch what would have been a mistake that wouldn't have been fun!

NET is $1336.08

Props to @CaptainAmerica for figuring it out first. FWIW they are willing to accept $100/pp but I'm not interested in an unsubsidized contract
Looks like they relisted it and clarified the annual dues are $1,670.

NET is $1336.08

You owe me $20,000.

I'll take my payment in AKV points.

Nah. It’s againl one of the instances that doesn’t mAke sense because remember, DVD wants it that way.
Not saying you're wrong, but what's the theory there? It seems like unpredictable ROFR would tend to cause buyers to pay above "market price" in order to get through, but that would increase the buyback cost to Disney.

You owe me $20,000.

I'll take my payment in AKV points.

Not saying you're wrong, but what's the theory there? It seems like unpredictable ROFR would tend to cause buyers to pay above "market price" in order to get through, but that would increase the buyback cost to Disney.

Because they don’t want to buy them back. They also don’t want the process to be one that easy to figure out either, especially when the goals and reasons for using ROFR change all the time.

So, by letting something go that may not fit a certain pattern, you do keep people guessing.

Lets be honest, if they wanted a threshold they can simply say, the current buy back for SSR is X. But they don’t…because it depends on a lot of factors and each contract may offer something different.

For example, maybe the one contract that passed at $119 was for points in a unit that would be the only ones? Maybe not enough to take it?

CaptainAmerica, thanks! That's what I'm hoping...when Disney takes the contract, they do it sooner rather than later. It's been two years since our last contract purchase and I don't remember how long we waited, but that was another era anyway.
Over the last few months we had two copper creeks taken, both exactly on 3 weeks. Then one passed it took approx 5 weeks - maybe a good sign !

I don't think it dramatically increases buyback costs. Seeing every contract come through, I am sure they have plenty of low priced contracts to choose from. I think that they do it to create uncertainty. Uncertainty is good for direct sales because if the gap between the two is smaller, people are more likely to pay "a little more" to avoid the uncertainty. At that point, direct doesn't seem as expensive so why not go direct and get your points right away. I have personally seen this happen several times in the last few months in this thread.

CaptainAmerica, thanks! That's what I'm hoping...when Disney takes the contract, they do it sooner rather than later. It's been two years since our last contract purchase and I don't remember how long we waited, but that was another era anyway.
They took mine at the 31 day mark. I was pretty confident it would pass at that point, but it didn't. In case anyone is wondering it was $130/p SSR 100 points fully loaded contract. You just never know with them. Hopefully yours will go through without issue.

NET is $1336.08

I missed the one that’s on Fidelity for $115 subsidized. Oh well, another one will come again.

I missed the one that’s on Fidelity for $115 subsidized. Oh well, another one will come again.

I tried to bid on that one but it had already sold. I asked the broker if she would tell me what it sold for and she said close to asking so I’m thinking in the $110-$114 range. Good deal on this market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter