ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we primarily focus on price, but has anybody even done an analysis on likelihood by loaded/standard/stripped contracts? i.e. are they more likely to take contracts if they have double-points, or less likely to take stripped contracts, adjusting for price?
This would be interesting to track.

Friendinme---$115-$25274-200-AKV-Oct-110/19, 200/20, 200/21, 200/22-Seller paying MF 20- sent 10/13

Our first offer. Wondering if I offered to high compared to other posts here? 🤞

I haven’t been keeping up in AKV prices, but I can say, if your okay with that price-it’s still less than direct. If you’re not looking for direct benefits, you have a big savings over direct! I paid 130$ pp for BWV and now some are selling much much less than that.

However I have already taken 2 trips and have one planned next month on the banked points and a few of the 20 points. It’s been worth the extra 2200-3000$ we would have saved by either waiting or haggling.

I had a great deal on 150 points at 90$ a point I submitted at the end of August and it was taken so now I’ve lost a month of time and just had another offer accepted. I’m just glad I have the points to use on the other contract for now.

So IMO if you’re happy with it, and you see the value in it; don’t worry about missing the best deal. You have points you can use right when it closes and gets loaded and that is awesome 😀

I know the PPP is high but I am very excited I found a 50 pointer in my use year. Been wanting to stay at GCV for a long time but I can't bring myself to pay the cash prices for a room.
zakdavid---$240-$13000-50-VGC-Sep-0/19, 100/20, 50/21, 50/22- sent 10/12
1) YAY! Awesome you found a small contract in your use year!
2) 50 banked aka bonus points x let's say $18 point rental value = $900
Let's say average for GCV right now is $215, so you "overpaid" @25pp.
$25 x 50 bonus points = $1,250 "overpaid" - $900 point rental value = $350.
I'd say you made out just fine!

I know the PPP is high but I am very excited I found a 50 pointer in my use year. Been wanting to stay at GCV for a long time but I can't bring myself to pay the cash prices for a room.
zakdavid---$240-$13000-50-VGC-Sep-0/19, 100/20, 50/21, 50/22- sent 10/12
Oh, congrats!!!
I’m a little jealous you found a 50-pointer in a Sep UY (as all my other contracts are in this month), though I’m happy at my 62 points in Oct (which will hopefully pass ROFR!!)

which broker did you find it at, out of curiosity?

1) YAY! Awesome you found a small contract in your use year!
2) 50 banked aka bonus points x let's say $18 point rental value = $900
Let's say average for GCV right now is $215, so you "overpaid" @25pp.
$25 x 50 bonus points = $1,250 "overpaid" - $900 point rental value = $350.
I'd say you made out just fine!
Thanks! and yah I don't feel I overpaid at all, just much higher PPP than my other contracts at WDW. I am super excited. If I stayed cash the dates I want it is almost 1k a night, so this works great! A dream home resort for me

Oh, congrats!!!
I’m a little jealous you found a 50-pointer in a Sep UY (as all my other contracts are in this month), though I’m happy at my 62 points in Oct (which will hopefully pass ROFR!!)

which broker did you find it at, out of curiosity?
Haha, yah. I've been waiting a year for this to show up so it took some patience. I got this at dvcresalemarket.com. I got the alert on their app and jumped on it right away. Theres been some 100 pointers that have popped up every few months in September UY but this was the first 50 I saw. All my other points are September and even though those are all at WDW I wanted to keep it all September.

Thanks! and yah I don't feel I overpaid at all, just much higher PPP than my other contracts at WDW. I am super excited. If I stayed cash the dates I want it is almost 1k a night, so this works great! A dream home resort for me
Totally - you did great! We went the opposite route and paid $219/p (well, if it passes ROFR) but it's stripped of 20 and 21 points. So we probably overpaid but oh well. Right use year and dream property. Hopefully we'll be neighbors soon.

Totally - you did great! We went the opposite route and paid $219/p (well, if it passes ROFR) but it's stripped of 20 and 21 points. So we probably overpaid but oh well. Right use year and dream property. Hopefully we'll be neighbors soon.
I hope so! How many points was yours? I am hoping I can add more there at some point, but I may need to sell some of my other points to do that. We shall see

I hope so! How many points was yours? I am hoping I can add more there at some point, but I may need to sell some of my other points to do that. We shall see
200 points in ROFR for us for GCV. And yes, like you, we'd like to add more at some point. Is there such thing as too many points? I'd like to find out. Haha.

We're on day 38 now! We had to wait 45 days last time (SSR)! And they took that one. If they take this one too I'm going to be gutted. They haven't taken any BLT contracts back yet. It'll be just our luck if they do! Fingers crossed for today everyone 🤞

Haha, yah. I've been waiting a year for this to show up so it took some patience. I got this at dvcresalemarket.com. I got the alert on their app and jumped on it right away. Theres been some 100 pointers that have popped up every few months in September UY but this was the first 50 I saw. All my other points are September and even though those are all at WDW I wanted to keep it all September.
This is a really great deal!! I saw the 100 point ones but sellers were unwilling to negotiate on price, and 100 was more than what I wanted. I was more looking at 50 points. I jumped on 2 small contracts via fidelityresales.com for 27 and 35 respectively at $195/point, but the downside is it’s Oct UY whereas all my contracts are Sep UY. On one hand not a big deal - I was only going to use them for VGC anyway. On the other, I can’t combine points at the 7 month mark for larger stays, unless I use my single transfer option. And I’d have preferred to go in Sep for the lower points, which introduces risk if we do travel in Sep.

congrats!! That’s a great contract!

This is a really great deal!! I saw the 100 point ones but sellers were unwilling to negotiate on price, and 100 was more than what I wanted. I was more looking at 50 points. I jumped on 2 small contracts via fidelityresales.com for 27 and 35 respectively at $195/point, but the downside is it’s Oct UY whereas all my contracts are Sep UY. On one hand not a big deal - I was only going to use them for VGC anyway. On the other, I can’t combine points at the 7 month mark for larger stays, unless I use my single transfer option. And I’d have preferred to go in Sep for the lower points, which introduces risk if we do travel in Sep.

congrats!! That’s a great contract!
Thank you!!

Sad trombone.

dale-n-chip---$83-$18210-210-OKW-Jun-0/19, 72/20, 210/21, 210/22- sent 9/14, taken 9/15 10/15

Not surprised. It was a hell of a deal. I know the sellers are happy to have it sold either way.

Back to haunting the broker sites! ETA: That contract was through Fidelity.

Last edited:
I did find one bright side today for me....we submitted 8/11 and still have not heard back. Our submission says we plan to close 10/26....so I would think if they don't get back to me by then, inherently Disney has waived their ROFR? (LOL - starting to go crazy waiting)
Technically, yes. But as a PP mentioned, most brokers and closing agents won't close until they hear back from DVC, even if the date is passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter