ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.....made an offer on a small contract to add to ours on a broker's site and I guess apparently if they consider it too low they disable your account????? I went back in to check it and it said account disabled to call their office. I did receive an email the seller rejected it. Maybe I'll keep this one on a do not use list.

Sounds like a team that doesn't know how selling works or a team that is too busy to work with you (or both).

I'd rather have a low offer than no offer at all, at least it's a starting point on the negotiating process.

Buying direct at least guarantees that future resorts declared as DVC (which is how the POS is written) will be available for you.
Buying direct guarantees that future resorts will be available for me, but it doesn't do anything to guarantee that I'll want them.

I don't think there is much to suggest that DVD will be backing off on restrictions at this points
Depending on how you define a few different terms, their "newest" resort has no restrictions.

Right now if I had to bet, I'd predict:
  1. VDH restrictions identical to Riviera.
  2. Poly2 mirrors VGF2, as an expansion of the existing association and no restrictions.
  3. Future builds go back to the Riviera model.
so if I am buying, and would be disappointed if I was shut out, then direct needs stay on the table for a choice.
Couldn't you just do that when the time comes, IF the time comes?

Assuming you're okay with no Riviera, why not buy resale first? Then, if something comes along that you'd be disappointed to be shut out of, sell your contract and buy something Direct (with existing member pricing I might add). And if nothing comes along that you'd be disappointed to be shut out of, you keep your cheap contract and save the money.

unclelude---$128-$14104-100-SSR-Sep-0/20, 0/21, 200/22, 100/23- sent 6/22, passed 8/15

passed an hour ago!!! ... maybe the sending mishap working in my favor, will never know... but now I wish I would have bid less... lol... I guess a fair deal for loaded eh?
It's a great deal. Congratulations. Don't second guess your offer. It seems spot on.

Buying direct guarantees that future resorts will be available for me, but it doesn't do anything to guarantee that I'll want them.

Depending on how you define a few different terms, their "newest" resort has no restrictions.

Right now if I had to bet, I'd predict:
  1. VDH restrictions identical to Riviera.
  2. Poly2 mirrors VGF2, as an expansion of the existing association and no restrictions.
  3. Future builds go back to the Riviera model.

Couldn't you just do that when the time comes, IF the time comes?

Assuming you're okay with no Riviera, why not buy resale first? Then, if something comes along that you'd be disappointed to be shut out of, sell your contract and buy something Direct (with existing member pricing I might add). And if nothing comes along that you'd be disappointed to be shut out of, you keep your cheap contract and save the money.

Technically, BPK is not a new resort. It was an expansion of the current one…just like when they added Treehouses to SSR, no one considered it building a "new resort". I think, as we have discussed, there are lots of reason that the decision may have been made to keep it as an expansion.

Of course, I think Poly tower will be new with restrictions because it is ground up construction and is being built with amenities of a true resort. However, since it is a big unknown, I think those buying resale today need to be okay with being shut out of RIV, VDH, and Poly tower in the near future...this way, no disappointment later on if it happens.

I just believe many go in with this being a purchase that they will hold for a long time and don't go in with the buy and just sell later mindset.

Now, if someone doesn't care about those three, then resale to start can make good sense. But, given the price differences right now, and what it could cost you to buy/sell later on (one should assume there could be a loss), it's not as easy a choice as it may have been when the price difference between direct and resale was much larger.

So, it does come down to whether it makes sense to spend more now to go direct, know you won't be shut out of any future resorts added to DVC, including the Epcot area ones if they are rebuilt as part of the program, and be done or go resale, save money know, and possibly be disappointed later if something is built and you have to sell and rebuy.

For you, who really doesn't like the current choices of RIV and VGF, then it doesn't make sense to buy those simply to give you access later on.

So.....made an offer on a small contract to add to ours on a broker's site and I guess apparently if they consider it too low they disable your account????? I went back in to check it and it said account disabled to call their office. I did receive an email the seller rejected it. Maybe I'll keep this one on a do not use list.

Haven't come across that yet. I've made offers on 5 different brokers over the past year. All at minimum 10-15% below asking. All entertained them. None initially accepted.

Did have a broker tell me that the low-ball offer I submitted was x% lower per point then any others they recently sold. Also the sellers wanted more. Ok. Fine. I walked.

Few weeks later sellers lowered their listing. Still not anywhere near my original offer. So I re-inquired. Same offer.

Broker basically told me that my original price was the amount the broker gave seller for a "buy it now" price... So if I stuck with original offer, I was competing against the broker... And broker was going to take it for the obvious strip and flip.

I didn't know that was a thing.

Raised my offer a little and they accepted.

Our resale rep says Disney that doesn't want anything to do with international listings and will pass on them every time. She even gave us an example of them rescinding an offer once they learned it was International (seller tried to cover it up for some reason.) But what if the seller accepts a super low price, how can Disney ignore that?

Our resale rep says Disney that doesn't want anything to do with international listings and will pass on them every time. She even gave us an example of them rescinding an offer once they learned it was International (seller tried to cover it up for some reason.) But what if the seller accepts a super low price, how can Disney ignore that?
Your resale rep gave you bad information.

Disney tends to not take international listings, but they can and they have.

Is $150pp for CCV ballpark or should I not even bother?
Seeing that a $156 per point just passed with a US seller (I assume - they didn't say otherwise), I'd say for an international seller that has a really good chance. To give you another data point, we had a $160 per point pass in April (also US seller). If it's the right number of points and UY, I'd definitely give it a try!

Your resale rep gave you bad information.

Disney tends to not take international listings, but they can and they have.

Is $150pp for CCV ballpark or should I not even bother?

I think that is safe. While nothing is guaranteed, I’d say the international seller gives you a pretty decent cushion of $10 to $20 less per point than other contracts..

Does anyone recall when Disney took an international contract the last time? I mean sure nothing is guaranteed but if they took one like 2 years ago and no one since or maybe even before then I'd say that an international contract is as sure as they get without any guarantees

Does anyone recall when Disney took an international contract the last time? I mean sure nothing is guaranteed but if they took one like 2 years ago and no one since or maybe even before then I'd say that an international contract is as sure as they get without any guarantees
Honestly, I don’t ever remember then taking one, other than last year, and then they changed their minds and passed it..most likely it was a mistake to begin with.

That is probably why your brokers told you what they did..it’s as close to guaranteed as you will get with ROFR.

There is one website that does this.
I never look at it because I hate their policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter