ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
General wisdom has been ROFR will be held up. Data point- several people reported passing ROFR this past Monday and no one has since.

we passed on Monday and are assuming estoppel will be held up until they reopen. Please someone correct me if I’m wrong - I want control of our points!
My experience is not around ROFR, but the closing. I have a delay closing that should have been close on 7/12. The title company contacted that my contract would be close on 7/20 instead due to Disney system maintenance. Have been waiting since May.

My experience is not around ROFR, but the closing. I have a delay closing that should have been close on 7/12. The title company contacted that my contract would be close on 7/20 instead due to Disney system maintenance. Have been waiting since May.

Im in the same boat now with a sale and a buy. Neither will close until late July.

Agreed. Granted I am sure there are people who don’t do their research but for people who want to do their own research the internet makes it super easy. We thought we’d get past ROFR at 155$ and probably would have: going in we decided 160$ was the top of what we’d pay. But again we knew that in large part due to the dis boards!

fingers crossed you hear on your BLT soon!!
You’ll be fine. My BLT was at $158.50 with seller paid MF. It translated to $153pp. Good luck.

You’ll be fine. My BLT was at $158.50 with seller paid MF. It translated to $153pp. Good luck.
Yeah we passed on Monday. We figured we would have been fine at 155$ but it was the right contract and we didn't want to risk losing the sellers or ROFR over 5$ per point.

General wisdom has been ROFR will be held up. Data point- several people reported passing ROFR this past Monday and no one has since.

we passed on Monday and are assuming estoppel will be held up until they reopen. Please someone correct me if I’m wrong - I want control of our points!
Exactly. No one has passed since Monday which leads me to believe that those that heard back on Monday may have actually passed late Friday afternoon and just found out from their broker on Monday. Had they not closed down I probably would have heard back about mine this past week but nope.

Yeah we passed on Monday. We figured we would have been fine at 155$ but it was the right contract and we didn't want to risk losing the sellers or ROFR over 5$ per point.
That's how we felt about getting ours at $167. I'm sure we could have gotten it down a few more bucks but they were already listed really high and we were actually happy with the fact that they didn't immediately say no lol So while ours is $7 more than yours in the end it wasn't worth losing out on the one we got since they had banked points.

We passed on Monday as well and were told to expect a delay for the estoppel, but fortunately it came the next day. But I agree, I think everything is at a stand still now.

I was one of the ones with a contract that passed ROFR on 7/12/21 and then we got notice that estoppel was complete on 7/13/21.

I was one of the ones with a contract that passed ROFR on 7/12/21 and then we got notice that estoppel was complete on 7/13/21.
Really? We haven’t heard on estoppel yet. I’m going to send off an email- maybe ours is complete!!

Really? We haven’t heard on estoppel yet. I’m going to send off an email- maybe ours is complete!!

Yes! We already received and returned our signed closing documents to the title company. We are just waiting for confirmation that the seller has returned their documents and then we will wire the money.

Mine passed on 7/6 and estoppel was received on 7/9, but I haven’t gotten my closing docs yet. At this rate I’m just hoping to have closing by the end of next week and to have my points by the end of Aug.

Yes! We already received and returned our signed closing documents to the title company. We are just waiting for confirmation that the seller has returned their documents and then we will wire the money.

Good luck and pixie dust to you! Monday will be 12 days our sellers have had docs. The title company said they have confirmed receipt and set a notary appointment. Come on!! We are still in our sweet spot of under 11 months but before 7. I am so impatient 😜

My BLT closed 7/7 and deed recorded 7/8 but title company cannot submit the document till 7/21. I’m not sure how much longer after. My first resale.

I currently have 4 UY's (and I'm committed to not going beyond that!!). But, I use all my points from 3 of those UY's in the 7-11 month window. My one rule, I don't purchase contracts for the same resort in different UY's.
Smart. 2 of my UY are same resort but since one if Feb and one is March it doesn't make it too hard for me to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter