• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were in the same position as you. We actually had a few early agreements at $95 and $97 and (had the sellers not backed out before it reached ROFR) we would have been hopeful they'd pass but still watching ROFR, because sometimes they're still taken in that range. Our recent contract (that passed!) for $100 a point had been listed at $110. We definitely felt more secure entering ROFR at $100- but you're always a little anxious until you get the official word back, right?
I completely agree!

Frederic Civish---$111-$29580-260-AKV-Sep-0/17, 213/18, 260/19, 260/20-Sellr Pays Maint Fee- sent 7/20/18, passed 8/14

Hee hee hee. Stupid Drunken ROFR Monkey didn't get me this time! Please note Seller agreed to pay 2018 Membership Fees, dropping my effective price per point to $106, or a bit less.

I thought I was going to lose it because Disney was taking SOoooo long. AND, after 2 weeks they requested a clarification document where we, and the sellers all had to sign, confirming the sellers would be paying the Maintenance Fees! So I think it is clear that Disney had interest in it, BUT we eventually passed!

Last edited:
We were in the same position as you. We actually had a few early agreements at $95 and $97 and (had the sellers not backed out before it reached ROFR) we would have been hopeful they'd pass but still watching ROFR, because sometimes they're still taken in that range. Our recent contract (that passed!) for $100 a point had been listed at $110. We definitely felt more secure entering ROFR at $100- but you're always a little anxious until you get the official word back, right?

Ugh, I know! I had seen one or two for $90-$91 be taken, so I was fearful entering anything below $99 for SSR

Mumof4mice---$140-$32200-230-VGF-Oct-0/17, 460/18, 230/19-Seller pays 2018 MF + CC- sent 7/27, passed 8/14

We're thrilled. This makes up for Drunken Monkey slighting me yesterday!
I can't figure out how to like this post a million times. This is a HUGE win. I swear, the broke-*** monkey spent all his money on stripped SSR and AKV contracts. Wow. How glad are you now that you pushed back a little harder and managed to get them to cover 2018 MF AND CC.

I'm really beside myself on this one. Bravo, Mumof4mice. Well done.

Congratulations. Why delayed closing?
I'm assuming that the seller has a trip coming up. We can close in early November. We want the points for December 2019 and it's an add on same resort/same UY as our primary contract, so it works great for us.

Mumof4mice---$140-$32200-230-VGF-Oct-0/17, 460/18, 230/19-Seller pays 2018 MF + CC- sent 7/27, passed 8/14

We're thrilled. This makes up for Drunken Monkey slighting me yesterday!

I can't figure out how to like this post a million times. This is a HUGE win. I swear, the broke-*** monkey spent all his money on stripped SSR and AKV contracts. Wow. How glad are you now that you pushed back a little harder and managed to get them to cover 2018 MF AND CC.

I'm really beside myself on this one. Bravo, Mumof4mice. Well done.

YESSSS!!! What a great deal!!! Congratulations!!!

Preacherroe---$98-$31938-300-SSR-Aug-0/17, 300/18, 300/19, 300/20- sent 7/24, passed 8/14

So are you sitting down??? (Of course you are). Just got word we passed!!!
I hereby promise, now that I'm a DVC owner big shot, not to forget all the little people that helped make it possible..you, and you...and of course...you.

Last edited:
Preacherroe---$98-$31938-300-SSR-Aug-0/17, 300/18, 300/19, 300/20- sent 7/24, passed 8/14

So are you sitting down??? (Of course you are). Just got word we passed!!!
I hereby promise, now that I'm a DVC owner big wheel, not to forget all the little people that helped make it possible..you, and you...and of course...you.

:yay: + 300pt SSR buddies!

I'm assuming that the seller has a trip coming up. We can close in early November. We want the points for December 2019 and it's an add on same resort/same UY as our primary contract, so it works great for us.
That's wonderful. Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter