ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings! New to the forums. My wife and I are current DVC members with contracts at BLT. We just made an offer on Friday for a contract at BW through DVC Resales. Great customer service I must say. The contract should be sent to us tomorrow. 220 points @ $118. October use year. Then soon the clock starts for ROFR I suppose. The latest report he sent me indicated 34 BW contracts sold in January. 4 swiped by The White Glove at the following prices: 110,113,114 and 117. So we shall see.
What points are on the contract?

Greetings! New to the forums. My wife and I are current DVC members with contracts at BLT. We just made an offer on Friday for a contract at BW through DVC Resales. Great customer service I must say. The contract should be sent to us tomorrow. 220 points @ $118. October use year. Then soon the clock starts for ROFR I suppose. The latest report he sent me indicated 34 BW contracts sold in January. 4 swiped by The White Glove at the following prices: 110,113,114 and 117. So we shall see.
Hmmmm....first page in this thread says $116, $118 and $120 taken by the mouse in Jan. Good luck in ROFR!

Small contract - matching use year. Had a competing offer at $117. Hoping Disney doesn't take it because it's a small contract.

clutter---$120-$6725-50-AKV-Aug-0/18, 27/19, 50/20- sent 3/11

Good luck. We just pass ROFR with a similar AKV contract at $114 with December use year, so hopefully you slide right thru too.

FYI, my contract was taken too. It was almost identical to yours. Are you trying again?

I'm so sorry to hear that your contract was taken too! I have no plans to try again for now. I'm going to wait a while and see what happens with the sale of Riveria. I'm not happy about the changes regarding how you can't use resale after 1/19 at any of the new resorts and I definitely don't want to purchase direct from Disney again. Also, I want same home resort and use year so it's easier to combine points for trips. I commented early on in my ROFR process that I suddenly began receiving emails from Disney advertising purchasing points and related materials that I had never received before. I'm still getting a couple of these each week, which has made me annoyed with them right now. I swear it's conspiracy because we put in right before the 1/19 deadline! Are you planning on putting in for another purchase?

Hmmmm....first page in this thread says $116, $118 and $120 taken by the mouse in Jan. Good luck in ROFR!

Don't let the posted prices discourage you I say offer what you are comfortable with. We are already past the new limitations many were trying to get in before. We offered $133 on BLT first and it was taken, then we offered $125 on BLT almost same points only 15 points apart and similar available with Feb use year. The second contract passed in 8 days you never know. Best of luck to you I hope you pass just keep trying sooner or later you will get one!

Don't let the posted prices discourage you I say offer what you are comfortable with. We are already past the new limitations many were trying to get in before. We offered $133 on BLT first and it was taken, then we offered $125 on BLT almost same points only 15 points apart and similar available with Feb use year. The second contract passed in 8 days you never know. Best of luck to you I hope you pass just keep trying sooner or later you will get one!

They were probably afraid you'd start putting BLT contracts into ROFR at $115 a point next and drive the resale price down if they didn't just let you have one!

They were probably afraid you'd start putting BLT contracts into ROFR at $115 a point next and drive the resale price down if they didn't just let you have one!

Oh yes I would do that if I could $115 a point would be so nice! Really even with the price increases why inflate the price with the additional restrictions. Look at the price just before the new restrictions were announced. We happen to own direct three contracts so it did not really matter to us but it is making a difference for many new owners buying only resale. I would have continued to offer low until we were successful as I do not think Disney can afford to take them all...

I'm only on day 13 but I've still been checking my email excessively. This waiting stuff is torture. This is only my first try, I can't imagine having to go through this again! :crazy2:

Day 11 here! The waiting is terrible! When we bought our first resale contract last year, we heard within 15 days we passed. When we just tried for another contract last month, we were over 30 days for a taken contract. It seems like a lot of people recently have been hearing a lot quicker so let’s hope that trend continues!

I'm only on day 13 but I've still been checking my email excessively. This waiting stuff is torture. This is only my first try, I can't imagine having to go through this again! :crazy2:

The first one is the hardest, because you don't have any points to play with. Although I get antsy waiting in ROFR, it is overall a lot less stressful when you already have points and you're just adding on.

I passed on my 13th last week, so there's hope you will get an answer soon. Now I'm excessively checking my email for my closing docs...

I don't have any points to play with either! I used them all that's why I need more...
I got stress!

Oh, well then that's a problem. We have no points until 2020. (We've already borrowed some from 2020) I'm trying to be calm about it too, but I'm like, "WE NEED MORE POINTS!!!!" Then I tell myself to wait and see if prices go down a bit more ...

Oh, well then that's a problem. We have no points until 2020. (We've already borrowed some from 2020) I'm trying to be calm about it too, but I'm like, "WE NEED MORE POINTS!!!!" Then I tell myself to wait and see if prices go down a bit more ...

I feel like there's a decent chance... but we'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter