ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry to hear that your contract was taken too! I have no plans to try again for now. I'm going to wait a while and see what happens with the sale of Riveria. I'm not happy about the changes regarding how you can't use resale after 1/19 at any of the new resorts and I definitely don't want to purchase direct from Disney again. Also, I want same home resort and use year so it's easier to combine points for trips. I commented early on in my ROFR process that I suddenly began receiving emails from Disney advertising purchasing points and related materials that I had never received before. I'm still getting a couple of these each week, which has made me annoyed with them right now. I swear it's conspiracy because we put in right before the 1/19 deadline! Are you planning on putting in for another purchase?
I did put in a new offer, but we aren't owners yet. That does seem very strange that you would start receiving that mail now.

I'm so sorry to hear that your contract was taken too! I have no plans to try again for now. I'm going to wait a while and see what happens with the sale of Riveria. I'm not happy about the changes regarding how you can't use resale after 1/19 at any of the new resorts and I definitely don't want to purchase direct from Disney again. Also, I want same home resort and use year so it's easier to combine points for trips. I commented early on in my ROFR process that I suddenly began receiving emails from Disney advertising purchasing points and related materials that I had never received before. I'm still getting a couple of these each week, which has made me annoyed with them right now. I swear it's conspiracy because we put in right before the 1/19 deadline! Are you planning on putting in for another purchase?
I absolutely think they are trying to make resale contracts less valuable to drive down the prices on resale contracts, which raises the margins Disney will make on taking them in ROFR and selling them at full price.

Hopefully they will find themselves disappointed in the number of people who cave in and buy direct from Disney!

Oh, well then that's a problem. We have no points until 2020. (We've already borrowed some from 2020) I'm trying to be calm about it too, but I'm like, "WE NEED MORE POINTS!!!!" Then I tell myself to wait and see if prices go down a bit more ...

Obviously of the two of us you are the more responsible adult! I didn't make it 2 weeks after I used most of my 2020 points...

oh well we are not trying again for now and no way am i paying direct prices. :crazy2:

adais---$140-$21000-150-BLT-Mar-0/18, 9/19, 150/20-Seller Pays Closing- sent 2/5, taken 3/11

I absolutely think they are trying to make resale contracts less valuable to drive down the prices on resale contracts, which raises the margins Disney will make on taking them in ROFR and selling them at full price.

Hopefully they will find themselves disappointed in the number of people who cave in and buy direct from Disney!

Seems like that's a strange strategy as long as they are building more DVC resorts at the rate that they are. I don't see ROFR'ed contracts as a huge profit tentpole. But what do I know.

oh well we are not trying again for now and no way am i paying direct prices. :crazy2:

adais---$140-$21000-150-BLT-Mar-0/18, 9/19, 150/20-Seller Pays Closing- sent 2/5, taken 3/11

Sorry this happened to you again.

Seems like that's a strange strategy as long as they are building more DVC resorts at the rate that they are. I don't see ROFR'ed contracts as a huge profit tentpole. But what do I know.
Well they probably also hope it makes buying new direct contracts attractive as well.

But I totally agree with you. It seems like a cheap, sleazy way to try to squeeze a few more dollars out of DVC for them. There's something that rubs me the wrong way about Disney making money twice off selling the same contract.

Well they probably also hope it makes buying new direct contracts attractive as well.

But I totally agree with you. It seems like a cheap, sleazy way to try to squeeze a few more dollars out of DVC for them. There's something that rubs me the wrong way about Disney making money twice off selling the same contract.

You know what would make buying direct contracts attractive to me? If they went back to 2008 prices. :P

If anyone happens to check DVC Resale’s FB Page when they post the passed contracts, I’d it possible to share screenshots with us? Thanks so much!

That's a shame. Given some of the other BLT contracts that have passed, I thought that would get through. I'm still keeping an eye out for add-on contracts at BLT, but it's a little discouraging to see them ROFR'ing so many contracts, particularly at prices that are higher than what used to pass before the 1/19 deadline frenzy.

Sorry for not conforming earlier- here’s my info:

Cygnus 2112---$118-$28188-220-BWV-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 220/19, 220/20- sent 3/11.

Just sent out the contracts with the escrow payment. They’ll get them by Wed/Thurs so I don’t anticipate the ROFR clock to start until sometime next week.

Sorry for not conforming earlier- here’s my info:

Cygnus 2112---$118-$28188-220-BWV-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 220/19, 220/20- sent 3/11.

Just sent out the contracts with the escrow payment. They’ll get them by Wed/Thurs so I don’t anticipate the ROFR clock to start until sometime next week.
Good luck!

Day 11 here! The waiting is terrible! When we bought our first resale contract last year, we heard within 15 days we passed. When we just tried for another contract last month, we were over 30 days for a taken contract. It seems like a lot of people recently have been hearing a lot quicker so let’s hope that trend continues!
I’m hoping I hear back this week!!
The first one is the hardest, because you don't have any points to play with. Although I get antsy waiting in ROFR, it is overall a lot less stressful when you already have points and you're just adding on.
I have plans to add on next year around this time. I want these points to book a Feb 2020 trip! Hoping I have them before the 7th month window opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter