ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went in on a 100 pt contract, as a starter. AUL was ideal for us because of the expiration date and price per point combo. The closing costs didn't seem too intimidating, then again I am an amateur here. šŸ˜†
How much did you get your aul deal for and what UY? Iā€™m waiting to close for aul as well!

How much did you get your aul deal for and what UY? Iā€™m waiting to close for aul as well!
It was listed at $100/pt. Was able to get it down to $93. Dec UY. There were some points banked from 2021 as well. However, minutes after I received the sent to ROFR email, I saw a fully loaded contract that listed today. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Trying not to hang out on the ā€œshouldā€™ve waitedā€ train for too long.

Is First Am the only escrow company available for AUL? Just got sent to ROFR today on a small, albeit first contract. Haven't gotten closing date yet, but hoping it is in time for us to bank some points!
No.

Karen Stites
Hayes Title, LLC.
5737 Cliff Drive
Fort Smith, AR 72903
479-242-8813

Is First Am the only escrow company available for AUL? Just got sent to ROFR today on a small, albeit first contract. Haven't gotten closing date yet, but hoping it is in time for us to bank some points!
You can also use TRCS Inc. Karina Ottinger is the owner. I used her twice without any issues and was quicker than First Am for my Aulani purchases.

Hi all. Newbie from the UK and just had my first contract go to Disney for ROFR.

RichDVC---$135-$17710-120-PVB-Jun-0/22, 188/23, 19/24- sent 3/23

Think I did OK?

Bit of a pain they borrowed 101 from 2024 into 2023, but assume I can bank the 87 coming in 2023 into 2024?

I'm a bit sad to see this one posted, but I was curious. There was a glitch on the site with this contract and it was still on the site available after your offer was accepted. I put in a full price offer and was told the contract was mine, only to be told about an hour later that there was a mistake.

In fairness, Jodi at www.DVCResaleMarket.com was very apologetic and was helpful in making a few other offers for us that evening. I was also offered a $250 credit on closing costs if we purchased another contract with them.

I've settled on a 150 pt contract at $150. Still waiting on the sellers to sign so it can go to ROFR though.

I've been stalking the sites for months hoping for a better deal on PVB but there's just not that many contracts that fit my needs.

Good luck and congrats on your purchase! I'll be watching to see when it passes.

This is my first time buying so I didn't know how long they typically stay on the websites, but it was still up for a couple of hours.
I actually made an offer 24 hours before, to be told they had already accepted an offer. It came out in the emails the next day so I inquired if it was available and made an offer, which they accepted.
Congrats on your accepted offer

This is my first time buying so I didn't know how long they typically stay on the websites, but it was still up for a couple of hours.
I actually made an offer 24 hours before, to be told they had already accepted an offer. It came out in the emails the next day so I inquired if it was available and made an offer, which they accepted.
Congrats on your accepted offer

I've only purchased one resale contract before, so I don't have much experience with the websites either. It makes sense that they wouldn't come down immediately.

It's all worked out though, because after DH and I sat down and talked about it we decided that a 150 point contract would actually work out better for us.

Hopefully we will be neighbors soon!

LisaDay---$148-$16339-105-CCV@WL-Dec-0/21, 54/22, 105/23, 105/24-seller pays MF '23- sent 3/25

After 12 owners rejected our lowball offers, we got the counter offer above. Considering that they're paying the '23 annual dues and had '22 points, we were willing to pay the higher price per point (and we ran out of Copper Creek contracts to bid on).

LisaDay---$148-$16339-105-CCV@WL-Dec-0/21, 54/22, 105/23, 105/24-seller pays MF '23- sent 3/25

After 12 owners rejected our lowball offers, we got the counter offer above. Considering that they're paying the '23 annual dues and had '22 points, we were willing to pay the higher price per point (and we ran out of Copper Creek contracts to bid on).
Thatā€™s a great snag especially for a Dec UY at CCV!

I haven't been on the ROFR thread in a while. Why is nothing being taken? The values look like they've crashed because of this.

I haven't been on the ROFR thread in a while. Why is nothing being taken? The values look like they've crashed because of this.
Bad economy, budget cuts at Disney. Appears the rofr monster has been told not to buy back anything for now while Disney heals financially.

Great time to buy, awful time to have to sell.

Btw, big Fedorov fan here. Was a great time to be a wings fan.

I'm a bit sad to see this one posted, but I was curious. There was a glitch on the site with this contract and it was still on the site available after your offer was accepted. I put in a full price offer and was told the contract was mine, only to be told about an hour later that there was a mistake.

In fairness, Jodi at www.DVCResaleMarket.com was very apologetic and was helpful in making a few other offers for us that evening. I was also offered a $250 credit on closing costs if we purchased another contract with them.

I've settled on a 150 pt contract at $150. Still waiting on the sellers to sign so it can go to ROFR though.

I've been stalking the sites for months hoping for a better deal on PVB but there's just not that many contracts that fit my needs.

Good luck and congrats on your purchase! I'll be watching to see when it passes.

There isnā€™t much on the site you listed right now in the 150-250 pt range. We just received ROFR approval for a 200 pt @ $155 with seller paid closing.

Don't compare your deal to the few low ones that have come through here. Two months ago the going rate for CCV was in the mid 160's and above, and it's 250 per point direct. You got the contract and UY you wanted at the resort with the latest expiration of all the unrestricted resorts. Congratulations!

See you around the Christmas tree!!!

Edited to correct direct price.

Last edited:
Bad economy, budget cuts at Disney. Appears the rofr monster has been told not to buy back anything for now while Disney heals financially.

Great time to buy, awful time to have to sell.

Btw, big Fedorov fan here. Was a great time to be a wings fan.
All true....

I also wonder if the elimination of the borrowing restriction last summer had an impact. It makes sense people who already own may not want to purchase extra points this year, since they have had more points at their disposal since last summer.

MFMont---$94-$17,049-160-AKV-Dec-0/22, 320/23, 160/24, 160/25- sent 3/25

I had this one last week as well but didn't get recorded to page 1 if you want to list it:

MFMont---$108-$23,940-200-AKV-Oct-386/22, 200/23, 200/24- sent 3/20

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter