ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't compare your deal to the few low ones that have come through here. Two months ago the going rate for CCV was in the mid 160's and above, and it's 225 per point direct. You got the contract and UY you wanted at the resort with the latest expiration of all the unrestricted resorts. Congratulations!

See you around the Christmas tree!!!
CCV is $250pp direct. It adds to your point though. I know. It’s insane. I got mine direct for $187pp with incentives almost 3 years ago. But I suppose prices for sold out resorts are supposed to be ridiculously expensive to push people toward active selling resorts but instead, it’s driving people to resale. Go figure.

That $94 price is significantly lower than any I have seen.
There are three fully loaded larger contracts on the 1st page that passed at $100pp that I would consider as better deals than $94pp. The purchaser may have got them because they were likely lumped together by one seller. I started buying three weeks ago and sellers are being more receptive as the market dives. The $165pp sale for direct on AKV will certainly drive things lower as well. I am still going to ride this train as I have another 500 or 600 points in me.

CCV is $250pp direct. It adds to your point though. I know. It’s insane. I got mine direct for $187pp with incentives almost 3 years ago. But I suppose prices for sold out resorts are supposed to be ridiculously expensive to push people toward active selling resorts but instead, it’s driving people to resale. Go figure.
Thanks for the correction! That's even worse than I thought :goodvibes . I will edit my post.

There are three fully loaded larger contracts on the 1st page that passed at $100pp that I would consider as better deals than $94pp. The purchaser may have got them because they were likely lumped together by one seller. I started buying three weeks ago and sellers are being more receptive as the market dives. The $165pp sale for direct on AKV will certainly drive things lower as well. I am still going to ride this train as I have another 500 or 600 points in me.
AKV direct is on sale?

UY Question

First time posting (hope I'm doing this correctly). I'm in the market to purchase my first DVC Contract(s). We plan to go to Disney twice a year. Once at the end of Nov/early Dec and then again in March or April. I understand that I need to bank my points 4 months prior to my UY. Given the times of year that we like to travel, am I better off purchasing (2) contracts with different UYs? Or am I making too much out of this? Thanks!

UY Question

First time posting (hope I'm doing this correctly). I'm in the market to purchase my first DVC Contract(s). We plan to go to Disney twice a year. Once at the end of Nov/early Dec and then again in March or April. I understand that I need to bank my points 4 months prior to my UY. Given the times of year that we like to travel, am I better off purchasing (2) contracts with different UYs? Or am I making too much out of this? Thanks!
Your choice but a single October UY would suit you well since your new points will be available for your fall trip and the banking deadline is May 31

Still $13,000 for a 10% discount card (plus a few other extras); when you can get resale for $100.

It depends on if you value Riviera and other future resorts which a lot of people do - I would hate not having the option to use anything in the future that is new. I am still placing a wager that you will be excluded from VDH and I think Poly 2 as well.

Your choice but a single October UY would suit you well since your new points will be available for your fall trip and the banking deadline is May 31
Thank you! I think one contract would be easier to manage. I'll search for the points I want with an October UY.

With AKV future resorts is going to matter a lot less than say Copper Creek is my view. Not sure if others see it that way or not.

With AKV future resorts is going to matter a lot less than say Copper Creek is my view. Not sure if others see it that way or not.

Definitely shorter time horizon so the effect is not AS high - but there are 2-3 resorts that are here now or in the near near future that still would hurt. Riviera is already excluded, I would be shocked if VDH is not. And Poly is up in the air but i still think they will exclude it from existing association.

Come 2042, you now lose a significant portion of the remaining options too

Thank you! I think one contract would be easier to manage. I'll search for the points I want with an October UY.
Remember it doesn’t have to be just 1 contract as long as you keep it to a single UY. This will allow you to pool them seamlessly but will also give you more flexibility if you want to get rid of some down the road.

Remember it doesn’t have to be just 1 contract as long as you keep it to a single UY. This will allow you to pool them seamlessly but will also give you more flexibility if you want to get rid of some down the road.
Good advice. Something to consider as I'm torn between BWV and BRV :)

You can combine at seven month if you have two home resort and one UY. You can combine at 11 month if you have two contracts with same UY and same home resort.
What about two contracts at the same home resort but with two different use years? Can you not book at home at 11 months or elsewhere at 7 months with both contracts points?

What about two contracts at the same home resort but with two different use years? Can you not book at home at 11 months or elsewhere at 7 months with both contracts points?

You can’t book a single reservation with points from two different UYs because they are different memberships without having to transfer points between them.

That means a call to MS to do that and then you have to call to use at 11 months because transferred points don’t seem to work during the home resort period online.

So, you can use them but when they are in the same UY, it’s like having one big contract to use at the 11 month mark at the home resort or others at 7 months.

You can combine at seven month if you have two home resort and one UY. You can combine at 11 month if you have two contracts with same UY and same home resort.
Eventually, I believe I will have 2 home resorts. This is helpful information. Thank you!

It depends on if you value Riviera and other future resorts which a lot of people do - I would hate not having the option to use anything in the future that is new. I am still placing a wager that you will be excluded from VDH and I think Poly 2 as well.
This is going to be an interesting one to watch over time... I've seen posted that the average owner only keeps their DVC 8-10 years. So for argument's sake, let's pretend that Riviera only gets to 50% resale owned 10 years from now (not a full turnover of the resort or anything too crazy). Whatever would "normally" open up at a resort at 7 months would be dramatically reduced at a resort with that restriction like Riviera. 50% of the owners can't stay anywhere else, so they won't drop any rooms at 7 months. And then the pool of everyone who can book there include anyone who has bought direct anywhere ever, plus everyone with grandfathered resale (i have a ton of resale that can book there). So from my vantage point, that restriction breaks the model and makes a booking nightmare across the board - owners will have to book right at 11 months and rooms will get walked like crazy - because resale buyers will make sure they get a booking and non-resale buyers have to compete with them. The home window will be crazy, and not much will even open at 7 months. To me, that's more of a deterrent to buying direct. Why pay an extra $100 per point to be facing that? When I can save thousands and just rent my points out and rent RIV points from one of those resale buyers if/when I want to stay there? It feels like it's going to be like trying to grab VGC at 7 months. And at some point it becomes mostly resale... I wonder if there are stats somewhere about how much of a resort like OWK or BWV is still all original owners 20something years later... Riv isn't all that old and already there are folks who want/need to sell just a few years in. They take a HUGE hit doing so but want out badly enough I guess and the % resale is growing.... it isn't even sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter