• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread April to June 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience, both. My most recent was on the market for 11 months. The RIV resale I picked up last year was only up for a day.

Thanks for the info! How many contracts did you try before it got accepted? How long did it take you overall for each contract? I'm trying to be patient with ours because so far the counters are nowhere close to our offer.

Do we report closing or anything beyond passing rofr?
I got an email saying officially closed on Mar 30th, but Disney may take another 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for the info! How many contracts did you try before it got accepted? How long did it take you overall for each contract? I'm trying to be patient with ours because so far the counters are nowhere close to our offer.
For my most recent add on, I was making offers on 4 different contracts simultaneously. All 4 of the contracts I bought resale, I had an offer accepted on the same day (usually after a round or two of counters). Although the last two (the ones I mentioned previously), the seller immediately accepted my first offer which made me think I could’ve gone lower!

If you don't mind disclosing, how many contracts did you try until you got your lowball offer accepted? We tried a few and no luck so far. I completely understand there's no guarantee and it's all luck, timing and really depends on the seller, but just wanted to see what's the average # of trying until you (or anyone else) hit that one lucky one and succeed?
The one that got accepted was the second one we tried. The first one countered at $4 off list so we walked. The one we got never even countered to everyone’s surprise!

I’ve started making offers and am on around the 8th or 9th, and no counters anywhere near my offers. I haven’t started lower than the lowest price I’ve seen on the ROFR threads.

Today, a broker told me a bunch of conflicting stuff: first they said the seller just saw their emails, then they said the seller had previously given a counter to another agent and I could counter THAT if I wanted, then they (broker) said my offer was far too low and even in this soft market wouldn’t be accepted and that if I were the seller, I wouldn’t accept lol. Was my offer even presented ??? Idk, I find this pretty irritating. I’ll just move on, but blah.

I’ve started making offers and am on around the 8th or 9th, and no counters anywhere near my offers. I haven’t started lower than the lowest price I’ve seen on the ROFR threads.

Today, a broker told me a bunch of conflicting stuff: first they said the seller just saw their emails, then they said the seller had previously given a counter to another agent and I could counter THAT if I wanted, then they (broker) said my offer was far too low and even in this soft market wouldn’t be accepted and that if I were the seller, I wouldn’t accept lol. Was my offer even presented ??? Idk, I find this pretty irritating. I’ll just move on, but blah.
Ugh, that's annoying and I think the best thing would just be to move on. Sometimes sellers instruct brokers to not present any offers below a certain amount, so it's conceivable that could have happened (but the broker could learn a thing or two about tactfully doing so).

Id say keep trying, make sure to check all brokers you can find, & don’t give up on that one either. Keep making offers on anything that fits what you’re looking for.

I agree! Keep making offers! You can never can tell what might happen!

For my most recent add on, I was making offers on 4 different contracts simultaneously. All 4 of the contracts I bought resale, I had an offer accepted on the same day (usually after a round or two of counters). Although the last two (the ones I mentioned previously), the seller immediately accepted my first offer which made me think I could’ve gone lower!

The one that got accepted was the second one we tried. The first one countered at $4 off list so we walked. The one we got never even countered to everyone’s surprise!

I'm happy for all of you who had great luck!! Let's pass some of that good juju over here please! haha😁 I just got another rejection and the seller must be insulted because they didn't even counter LOL! But I made a 2nd offer anyway to see what the threshold is.

Ah that's annoying! We are kinda in the same boat. Their counters are nowhere near our offers. I will admit, it's kinda frustrating when we keep seeing many members having so much success, and here we are no such luck!😢 However, at the same time I wonder how many people are just like us but they aren't posting/talking about it?🤔 Like others say, we just need to move on and can't give up! Eventually a right one would become ours!! I am a firm believer that everything happens for reasons 😉
Good luck to you too!🍀

I'm happy for all of you who had great luck!! Let's pass some of that good juju over here please! haha😁 I just got another rejection and the seller must be insulted because they didn't even counter LOL! But I made a 2nd offer anyway to see what the threshold is.
It’ll happen for you! Out of the 4 contracts we’ve purchased, I only consider one a really great price. The other 3 were descent but they were exactly what we needed/wanted at the time So we’re happy with them. So try not to focus on getting the best deal price wise and get the best contract for you!

Thanks all for the encouragement.
I'm definitely not making offers trying to get the lowest possible pricing as compared to others on Disboards; if so I would have started lower than the lowest offer! I'm still annoyed at this broker who has emailed back a few times to tell me how wrong I am and that I shouldn't believe everything I read on Disboards and that their sellers are not desperate to sell. Ooooookay.

It’ll happen for you! Out of the 4 contracts we’ve purchased, I only consider one a really great price. The other 3 were descent but they were exactly what we needed/wanted at the time So we’re happy with them. So try not to focus on getting the best deal price wise and get the best contract for you!

Thank you! You're absolutely right!👍 We want to get the best contract that's right for us. When we put offers in, I do put their banked points into part of my calculation so some of my offers are higher because we are getting a loaded contract. Vice versa I'll put in a lower offer if it's stripped. Thanks for your encouragement!

I'm definitely not making offers trying to get the lowest possible pricing as compared to others on Disboards; if so I would have started lower than the lowest offer! I'm still annoyed at this broker who has emailed back a few times to tell me how wrong I am and that I shouldn't believe everything I read on Disboards and that their sellers are not desperate to sell. Ooooookay.

Don't let the broker get to you! They are just mad that the seller isn't budging and they aren't getting their commission!😂

I had this experience with https://*******.com/. I moved onto another broker and found out that what I read on Disboards could in fact be true. I shared the information after the fact as well, but they told me I got lucky and essentially that lightning doesn't strike twice.

On the plus side, it seems to be an argument to use them for selling in the future if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter