ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would take much effort on their part though. Once your name is entered in to the system, the ROFR would detect the name and cross check. Should be fairly simple for them to do. There may not be a ton of repeat buyers, but any buyer that's shown interest buying direct, automatically goes in a database.

Total conspiracy theory of course, but just interesting to think of ways they can game the system.

But remember they are then buying it. It wouldn’t make sense to spend thousands of dollars in hopes you buy direct. It just doesn’t seem it’d be worth it as no guarantee they’d come out ahead.

Now, one theory people have had is you are on a waitlist for direct points and they see you buying the same thing resale so they take it to turn around and sell it to you.

Well, looks like last week's slowdown ROFR notifications is over. Not surprised with the recent price increase.

justinmramirez---$165-$35262-200-BLT-Feb-0/21, 400/22, 200/23, 200/24- sent 5/30, taken 6/26
I am surprised you are hearing on a Sunday. Is that normal? Friday at 5 EST I sort of give up til Mon morning

When do people usually start shopping for their next contract after it’s taken? When they get the email? Or start looking around a week before? Or they never stop looking? 🤣 Just mentally preparing myself… I’m looking at small contracts which adds to the challenge since they don’t sit around long. I’ve always had a decent safety buffer before so this would be my first lost coming up. Unless I can figure out a way to send a banana gift offering to the drunken ROFR monkeys….

See I think the same. We had gone on our DVC account and played with direct add on prices while waiting for our ROFR last time. They took ours days later- a lot quicker than I am seeing other ones that get taken. We were less than 3 weeks. So I’m wondering if they weren’t thinking hey these people are toying with direct- let’s see if we can push them to do it by taking this. Little do they know once I messed around on their site I was even more convinced that resale was our only option.

I'm almost certain they know exactly who to target for direct purchases.

I get multiple email blasted from DVC during ROFR each time. People here over think it too much. They buy them back and eventually some of you cave and go direct. Hold firm, and buy resale.

I had given up also....but email came in today about 3 est. I suppose it is possible that they were notified during the week and just now got around to notifying me.
I got the emails the same for both of mine. Doubtful they got the notice from DVD today. Either admin is running behind, or they set their outbox to push today at this time. Who knows. Doesn't matter.

Last edited:

When do people usually start shopping for their next contract after it’s taken? When they get the email? Or start looking around a week before? Or they never stop looking? 🤣 Just mentally preparing myself… I’m looking at small contracts which adds to the challenge since they don’t sit around long. I’ve always had a decent safety buffer before so this would be my first lost coming up. Unless I can figure out a way to send a banana gift offering to the drunken ROFR monkeys….
I had about 5 I was shopping before I decided on the last 2.

4 are still available. 3 new ones are also enticing if negotiations work out. I'm pretty sure I can get a better deal then the last 2, at $133per point out the door since some of those others have sat for another 30days now... Just up to DVD and ROFR.

I got the emails the same for both of mine. Doubtful they got the notice from DVD today. Either admin is running behind, or they set their outbox to push today at this time. Who knows. Doesn't matter.
I that makes two (possibly three) separate brokers sending notifications on Sunday afternoon after nothing for days.

Also,

MickeyismyCat---$133-$19950-150-AKV-Aug-0/21, 75/22, 150/23-Seller Pays MF22' & Closing Cost- sent 5/31, taken 4/26

MickeyismyCat---$133-$19950-150-AKV-Aug-66/21, 225/22, 150/23-Seller Pays MF22' & Closing Cost- sent 5/31, taken 4/26
Ouch.

I think you may have an incorrect date - 4/26 to 6/26 (Stitch Day!)

I had given up also....but email came in today about 3 est. I suppose it is possible that they were notified during the week and just now got around to notifying me.

Maybe you two have the same broker and agent and they were out of the office and they're working on a Sunday to catch up. :surfweb:

I’m always looking!!

I’ve usually started bidding again the same day a contract gets taken.

I predict the next few days will be filled with news. It's the end of the month and quarter and also the week before the holiday. The office is going to be clearing the stacks.

Best wishes to all who are waiting!

They seem to notify at the weirdest times though. I got one ROFR decision on Black Friday!
I predict the next few days will be filled with news. It's the end of the month and quarter and also the week before the holiday. The office is going to be clearing the stacks.

Best wishes to all who are waiting

If I'm reading the room correctly given all the contracts taken lately, I'd say the general reader here is starting to shop for their next contract the second they submit their docs for their current offer. 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter