ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does DVD have an actual deadline for completing their ROFR review? At what point should I be checking in with the resale company on the status of my contract? I'm at Day 30 but I've seen some go much longer than that.

Does DVD have an actual deadline for completing their ROFR review? At what point should I be checking in with the resale company on the status of my contract? I'm at Day 30 but I've seen some go much longer than that.
Never mind! I got the email 2 minutes after I posted this. Disney passed on my contract 🎉 It’s an international seller so I expected it to go through but it was a 30 day wait.

Here’s my updated string:
The_MT---$123-$12864-100-AKV-Apr-0/21, 0/22, 57/23, 100/24-Seller pays MF ‘23-Int'l Seller- sent 5/27, passed 6/27

Last edited:
Only on day 28 here, but I'd like to know sooner rather than later because I'm going to grab some direct points if they take this one.
Wish I had a good hold the line GIF handy but not sure how I could do that on my phone.

I’m also tempted to buy direct and I’m touring some WDW resorts this weekend to check them out.

I’ve already told my guide that I won’t pay extra for non member pricing and I won’t buy direct until I know the VGC points we want to purchase are locked in. If the ROFR monster makes me spend more on VGC over the coming months I’ll just have less to spend on direct. Might just save me on maintenance fees in the long run. That said, the dream of a cabin at CCV using cheaper points was tempting.

Wish I had a good hold the line GIF handy but not sure how I could do that on my phone.

I’m also tempted to buy direct and I’m touring some WDW resorts this weekend to check them out.

I’ve already told my guide that I won’t pay extra for non member pricing and I won’t buy direct until I know the VGC points we want to purchase are locked in. If the ROFR monster makes me spend more on VGC over the coming months I’ll just have less to spend on direct. Might just save me on maintenance fees in the long run. That said, the dream of a cabin at CCV using cheaper points was tempting.
Fortunately, I just got the email that I passed!

My issue is that I am adding on to my existing BRV points, and needed a specific UY (February). I also wanted less than 100 points (was shooting for 50) because it's still a 2042 resort so I don't want TOO many points hung up there.

That's a real unicorn contract, so when this one came up with 70 points available, I jumped on it even though there looks to be some 2023 points that they borrowed into this year so 2023 looks semi-stripped (there are 2022 points I can bank back to next year to more or less break even). The additional 70 points more per year going forward makes it worth the effort. Now that I got them at $85 PP less than current direct, it feels a bit sweeter.

Like I said, I would have bitten the bullet and added on direct, probably no more than 50 points max, but saving that $6k feels sweet. Had I waited for another February UY for less than 100 points, it could have been (likely would have been) another 6 months of waiting.

I own BLT, mainly using my points for standard one bedroom. I’m not sure what room type you are after but lake view is usually much easier.
I think you should change your nick name to "Standard View!" j/k. I'm totally with you regarding standard view rooms. I wish VGC and CCV separated their rooms to different view categories. I love me some SV rooms at BLT and Aulani. I'm even tempted in a small Riviera contract to score those SV rooms, some of which have better views than the ridiculously expensive PV rooms. Boardwalk too!

I think you should change your nick name to "Standard View!" j/k. I'm totally with you regarding standard view rooms. I wish VGC and CCV separated their rooms to different view categories. I love me some SV rooms at BLT and Aulani. I'm even tempted in a small Riviera contract to score those SV rooms, some of which have better views than the ridiculously expensive PV rooms. Boardwalk too!
If I could figure out how to change my username 😂. I rather have a one bedroom at OKW or SSR than a preferred view at any resort. There’s a 2x loaded BWV on Fidelity lol.

I’m stalking to see if yours pass too!

Within the "Test" sub-forum in the "Technical" forum, there are numerous threads created to allow new members to increase their post counts, including many posts suggesting that they do so there rather than creating arbitrary posts or new threads elsewhere. Nowhere in any of those threads has there been any comments or attempt by moderators to dissuade anyone from that practice, and the threads have not been closed down, even after tens of thousand of posts.

I did not suggest that increasing posts to gain access to DM's was a shortcut to disseminating information banned by the forum rules. I simply pointed out that there is a resource, already utilized by hundreds of members to increase post counts.

If the practice of padding post counts is banned, or circumvents any forum rules, it's got to be the most egregious violation and the one that seems to draw zero moderation.

It wasn’t about the increasing post count in itself-it was that the folks involved wanted to do it in order to accomplish a referral that’s banned by board rules. I’d hate to see someone brand new get booted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter