ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AUL sub I bought 3-4 months ago was originally listed for $145pp. I offered $120pp and the seller rejected it with no counter offer. Then a week later, the broker reached out to me with $125pp. I could have tried to go lower but decided to accept it. $105 is probably too low for any seller
Great price! Congratulations

I think it's more than just an aggressive ROFR policy. The economy is not the best. Inflation. Stock market is down, people are losing value of their investments. The average family is having a tougher time with daily expenses. Might be hard to justify a luxury such as DVC.
I agree with this. Investments are tanking and the price of goods are going way up (gas, groceries, etc.). Salaries are not being adjusted that fast to keep pace. So yeah, blowing $20-$30K on a "luxury" product at this point in time is not sensible for many. As with anything economy related, this will take time for us to see the real impact on DVC resale or direct.

I know some people do not like to keep their money tied up for 30+ days while awaiting an ROFR decision, but I think we'll see resale prices coming down in the future as the economy continues to tank. So while we're seeing Disney taking contracts now, I don't think that's sustainable on their end. For those with patience and time, there will be deals coming. DVD has a bottom line too. Disney can't take them all and will realize this as we move forward.

earfulofmagic---$175-$9830-50-VGF-Oct-50/21, 100/22, 50/23- sent 4/25, passed 5/23

Side note: I'm a bit jealous of everyone who sent in similar(ish) contracts at a lower price per point, mere weeks after me! But I'm very happy :goodvibes ...and very patiently waiting to see how resale prices trend over the next couple months, addonitis is real!

earfulofmagic---$175-$9830-50-VGF-Oct-50/21, 100/22, 50/23- sent 4/25, passed 5/23

Side note: I'm a bit jealous of everyone who sent in similar(ish) contracts at a lower price per point, mere weeks after me! But I'm very happy :goodvibes ...and very patiently waiting to see how resale prices trend over the next couple months, addonitis is real!
Congrats! I'm already looking again and haven't even passed yet.

Not to spoil the fun, nor discourage posting here, but has anyone ever thought about how much information is available between the ROFR threads and Closing Time threads in terms of being able to identify someone posting to both? Or am I just paranoid?

Not to spoil the fun, nor discourage posting here, but has anyone ever thought about how much information is available between the ROFR threads and Closing Time threads in terms of being able to identify someone posting to both? Or am I just paranoid?
Why would you be paranoid?

Even more info if you cross reference the info from both threads and the comptroller website!

No, haven’t thought about it. Once it closes and the deed is issued it’s public record anyways🤷🏼‍♀️ So in other words once my SSR contract PASSES ROFR😉….you can all look it up on Orange County and you will all know who I am😂😂😂

No, haven’t thought about it. Once it closes and the deed is issued it’s public record anyways🤷🏼‍♀️ So in other words once my SSR contract PASSES ROFR😉….you can all look it up on Orange County and you will all know who I am😂😂😂
I work in a field where giving out too much information to the wrong people can be a problem. Not saying anything is wrong here, but if someone really wanted to connect a user name with a real name and address, it can be done.

Anybody have experience going through a delayed closing as either buyer or seller? I'm inching towards the 7 month mark on the last trip I plan to take on these two contracts, and I'm trying to decide whether to list them right away once the reservations are in place and the points stop moving (June) or wait until closer to my travel dates (January).

I'm not desperate to sell or close quickly, I'm just repaying the investments I moved around to buy my Aulani (until I un-repay those investments to buy Poly 2, which is almost guaranteed).

Congratulations!!! Yes, I too am INCHING towards my notification day (sent on 4/28) and am already looking at a twin 60-point OKW contract to go with my (hopefully!) new contract! Fingers crossed that ROFR monster doesn't get me with this one.

I work in a field where giving out too much information to the wrong people can be a problem. Not saying anything is wrong here, but if someone really wanted to connect a user name with a real name and address, it can be done.
I work for the state for my name, address, and even how much I make is all public information. The local newspaper runs a database they put on the top of their website where you can put in someone's name and see how much they make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter