ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So need some input, I’m waiting for a 100 pt pvb June use to pass ROFR and I wanted to add an additional 50-75 points. After speaking to an agent at Sellmytineshare( which I’m not sold I’d use them yet unless they have exactly what I want) I feel like I’d get better help from you guys. 1- should I stick to the same use year(June)- the gentleman made it seem like it doesn’t matter. 2- I get the buy where you don’t mind staying but all of my trips won’t be theme park trips some will be to escape the cold and since I work in the board of education office I get many little break throughout the year. So, Saratoga Springs is calling my attention for a quick gateway and to be close to Disney springs for its dining or boardwalk for the night life. Or should I just add to Polynesian and use those points at those resort. The agent just kept saying it doesn’t matter and Saratoga’s is the best bet bc of pricing yet when he said home resort reservations can be made 9 months out I figured he had no clue of what he was talking about. Sorry for the long post.

They most certainly don't know enough about dvc to listen to what they say. And they charge at least 2x as much closing costs, so the price should be significantly lower to be worth buying through them.

congrats! BRV is a good option these days. Disney doesn't seem to want that one at all.
I know! So strange to me, since we love it there!! And it’s a great option for us, since we have two longer duration homes (BLT & VGF). I won’t feel bad about using these points at other places too. We love Vero and BRV (of course)

I know! So strange to me, since we love it there!! And it’s a great option for us, since we have two longer duration homes (BLT & VGF). I won’t feel bad about using these points at other places too. We love Vero and BRV (of course)

The rooms are very tired at BRV lately, must be due a refurb soon. Maybe then Disney will show more of an interest in it.

Anybody else noticed that the official DVC website is running like a slug for the last day or so? Are they working on it maybe?

So, Saratoga Springs is calling my attention for a quick gateway and to be close to Disney springs for its dining or boardwalk for the night life. Or should I just add to Polynesian and use those points at those resort.
If your intention is to use points at a different resort then i would buy SSR - longer contract and much cheaper than BW. But i would get the same UY so that online at 7 months you would have access to all points to make a booking. Before considering a different UY i would research the pro/cons of this type of scenario.

I recently bought a Poly contract (already own AK) and toyed with a different UY but i felt that it might complicate keeping track of things with points and when i could book or when i would have to borrow points. I ended up going with the same UY just to keep things simple.

Yes that’s exactly what we decided to do. Keep the same use year(June) and open to see what contracts become available for a quick getaway. Now my husband threw brv into the mix since he likes the theme there and the location to mk is a plus. The per pt price is also low so hopefully something small and perfect use year becomes available.

What methods do you guys use to get all the new listings right away. Getting tired of opening all the websites and searching daily it’s bit good for my pocket or health.. lol

If your intention is to use points at a different resort then i would buy SSR - longer contract and much cheaper than BW. But i would get the same UY so that online at 7 months you would have access to all points to make a booking. Before considering a different UY i would research the pro/cons of this type of scenario.

I recently bought a Poly contract (already own AK) and toyed with a different UY but i felt that it might complicate keeping track of things with points and when i could book or when i would have to borrow points. I ended up going with the same UY just to keep things simple.

What methods do you guys use to get all the new listings right away. Getting tired of opening all the websites and searching daily it’s bit good for my pocket or health.. lol
BRV also has a 2042 expiration where SSR is 2057 -- if that makes a difference. But certainly the resort are very different. The MF on BRV will be a little higher than SSR, but obviously on a small contract it might only work out to be a small difference.

As for notifications -- most resale sites will have an email listing you can get, so sign up for those. A couple do have an app which will pop-up listings when they are added.

Ok last question since you bring up a great point Saratoga’s would give me an additional 15 years. Is booking a studio at brv difficult? Bc now the husband really wants to be able to stay in that theme esp if it will be with limited so do I just look for copper creek to give me the longer contract. I know I’ll pay more and than next issue is do I just buy direct bc since it is a small contract I know I will pay more per point resale. Lol decisions,decisions, money, money...

BRV also has a 2042 expiration where SSR is 2057 -- if that makes a difference. But certainly the resort are very different. The MF on BRV will be a little higher than SSR, but obviously on a small contract it might only work out to be a small difference.

As for notifications -- most resale sites will have an email listing you can get, so sign up for those. A couple do have an app which will pop-up listings when they are added.

Ok last question since you bring up a great point Saratoga’s would give me an additional 15 years. Is booking a studio at brv difficult? Bc now the husband really wants to be able to stay in that theme esp if it will be with limited so do I just look for copper creek to give me the longer contract. I know I’ll pay more and than next issue is do I just buy direct bc since it is a small contract I know I will pay more per point resale. Lol decisions,decisions, money, money...
It looks like most of the year you have to book at or before 8 months for a studio in BRV. SSR most of the time has availability at 7 months. 1 bedrooms at BRV are very available at 7 months.

BRV has been passing easily lately so if you want to stay there I think that's the way to go vs. CCV. Plus BRV studios sleep 5 if you care about that. If you're over 40 then I wouldn't let the expiration bother you. Younger than that you might want SSR or newer. You could get almost twice as many points at BRV vs. CCV.

suemom2kay---$140-$22725-150-BCV-Feb-150/18, 150/19, 150/20, 150/21- sent 4/27, passed 5/21

Got my closing documents TODAY!!! Mason Title is FAST. Unfortunately, I can't sign with Hubby until Saturday when I'm back from work travel. But, I'm super happy!!!

suemom2kay---$140-$22725-150-BCV-Feb-150/18, 150/19, 150/20, 150/21- sent 4/27, passed 5/21

Got my closing documents TODAY!!! Mason Title is FAST. Unfortunately, I can't sign with Hubby until Saturday when I'm back from work travel. But, I'm super happy!!!
I am in ROFR for a Poly contract through DVC Resale Market and specifically requested Mason Title based on prior experience. They normally only use Mason for HH contracts, but they made an exception for me. They are fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter