ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting quite nasty! When I called about two weeks ago all I needed was the DVC Contract Number and Seller/Buyer names...and though I did not get an answer regarding ROFR either way, I did speak with a polite CM. Here I am on Day 63...how do you get an answer if you can't call Disney and get an answer and your broker won't call? It can't go on forever...

When is your close date in your contract? Sounds like they have waived by virtue of no answer. I'd definitely be having a meeting with my broker.

If people are in distress trying to sell 60 days waiting for ROFR could be the difference between foreclosure and not. Insane.

If people are in distress trying to sell 60 days waiting for ROFR could be the difference between foreclosure and not. Insane.

Very true and a good reminder that the high frustration levels are not just on the part of the buyers but also on the part of the sellers.

Congrats! I sent my VGF a few days after you so hopefully I’ll also hear soon.

If you don’t mind me asking, what was your closing date on your contract?

Our closing is listed for between 6/6 and 6/24. Sorry for the delay getting back to you

When is your close date in your contract? Sounds like they have waived by virtue of no answer. I'd definitely be having a meeting with my broker.

Just got off the phone with the broker...I can't tell you how many calls and emails have been exchanged to this date. It has gone up the food chain, repeatedly with no answer. They will try again today and/or tomorrow when the owner is available.

I have been more than patient, more than polite, but as a member since 1996, with several direct and numerous indirect contracts purchased, I just expect all parties to play fair - that's all.

Just got off the phone with the broker...I can't tell you how many calls and emails have been exchanged to this date. It has gone up the food chain, repeatedly with no answer. They will try again today and/or tomorrow when the owner is available.

I have been more than patient, more than polite, but as a member since 1996, with several direct and numerous indirect contracts purchased, I just expect all parties to play fair - that's all.
Sorry, 'they will try again.... when the owner is available' to do what, exactly? Rewrite the contract with an extended closing date?

You are in a position of power here, it’s no time to be timid.

Tell them they need to move forward with the transaction, and be specific that this isn’t a request. They are obligated to do it because your contract has officially passed ROFR.

You are in a position of power here, it’s no time to be timid.

Tell them they need to move forward with the transaction, and be specific that this isn’t a request. They are obligated to do it because your contract has officially passed ROFR.
I totally agree! Pretty much where I'm at...oh, and timid isn't something I have ever been! I am an excellent negotiator and go on instinct and can say I have won way more than I have lost. The lack of detail in the contract hasn't helped much which is a lesson learned. If I buy through this broker again, I will demand detailed dates including 30 days for ROFR. Thanks for the support!

Robmac07---$101-$18080-160-AKV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 226/19, 160/20- sent 4/2, passed 4/22

Long time reader of this thread, but first time poster. This was my first attempt at a DVC purchase and I was surprised it passed ROFR.
Wow congrats! Great contract!

DavidCa---$104-$17240-160-AKV-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 160/20- sent 4/16

DavidCa---$142-$23320-160-BLT-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 160/20- sent 4/16

After reading this thread, I am not looking forward to the ROFR process. For some reason the closing date in both of my contracts is July 1 which hopefully does not land me on the bottom of the list for review...

BrerRemus---$114-$23850-200-BWV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 200/20- sent 3/6, taken 4/22

Well let’s do this again

DavidCa---$104-$17240-160-AKV-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 160/20- sent 4/16

DavidCa---$142-$23320-160-BLT-Sep-0/18, 0/19, 160/20- sent 4/16

After reading this thread, I am not looking forward to the ROFR process. For some reason the closing date in both of my contracts is July 1 which hopefully does not land me on the bottom of the list for review...
Those sound like solid numbers but who knows? Being the "oldest" on the pile (that I've seen) hasn't made it any quicker for me (BTW I am dealing with a foreign seller). Good luck and may the pixie dust be with you!

Robmac07---$101-$18080-160-AKV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 226/19, 160/20- sent 4/2, passed 4/22

Long time reader of this thread, but first time poster. This was my first attempt at a DVC purchase and I was surprised it passed ROFR.
Wow. I have to confess that I am surprised by this. But also super excited for you!!! Congrats and :welcome:

Btw, I am also waiting on a 160-point AKL contract at $101 that was submitted April 2nd, so we are sort of like AKL ROFR twinsies. I don’t have much hope for mine, though :p

BrerRemus---$114-$23850-200-BWV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 200/20- sent 3/6, taken 4/22

Well let’s do this again

I’m so sorry. 46 days of waiting to hear it was taken. That just doesn’t seem right. Sounds like you have a good attitude in spite of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter