ROFR Thread April to June 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RamblinWreck,
Am I correct that your analysis is based on the date the contract was sent to Disney rather than the date that Disney sent it to the ROFR folks? I only ask because my currently O/S AKV contract was held back about 9 days from the date Disney received it until Disney sent it to their ROFR department, and my other outstanding contract, SSR, was similarly held back from the ROFR department.
Since there we don't include the date contracts are actually sent to the ROFR folks, I'm pretty sure of your answer but thought I would ask just in case.
Thanks!
You are correct in your assumption! It is based on the date that the contract was sent to Disney.

Whatever happens to it after that point we aren't usually going to be privy to. I might even be wary of believing whoever told you that your contract wasn't forwarded over to the real ROFR people until over a week later. They might just be trying to get you off their back.

In my opinion, it's kind of irrelevant what Disney does with it after the contract has been given to them. I would assume that most contracts go through more or less the same process at the beginning.

$85.5-$3402-30-OKW-Oct-0/17, 0/18, 60/19, 30/20- sent 2/19, passed 4/23 International Seller

FINALLY! This is Day 64 so don't anyone give up hope that you may pass... I didn't get any explanation, though of course, I asked, other than the fact that it was so far past a reasonable ROFR. Persistence and yes, patience. Good luck to all those waiting for news and many thanks for support! pixiedust:
I'm glad it worked out!

If they had tried to "take" it at this point, would you have fought back? It would have been a pain for you but I would have been very interested in seeing how that would have played out.

I'm glad it worked out!

If they had tried to "take" it at this point, would you have fought back? It would have been a pain for you but I would have been very interested in seeing how that would have played out.
I really don't know how I could fight back beyond being so persistent. I hate to lose however, without the strength of a concise contract behind me it really didn't look good. Lesson: Make sure dates are spelled out in detail and there is an appropriate ROFR deadline in writing!

To be on the safe side I’ve mailed my closing agent. Once I get an answer I post a new reply.

So I got an update from the closing agent any it seems that if the seller chooses to apply for the ITIN number himself through an certified acceptance agent then both seller and buyer needs and ITIN number. That is however not the case with my purchase.

So I got an update from the closing agent any it seems that if the seller chooses to apply for the ITIN number himself through an certified acceptance agent then both seller and buyer needs and ITIN number. That is however not the case with my purchase.
So the seller has no plans to recoup any of the withheld taxes to which s/he could be entitled?

So the seller has no plans to recoup any of the withheld taxes to which s/he could be entitled?

Imo I don’t know but I would assume yes.

But the seller is using the closing company to recoup the taxes and is not using a certified Acceptance Agent.

However I don’t know the difference between the closing agent and a certified Acceptance Agent.

Quiet morning.

Day 38 (seems young compared to some :) ) on our AKL contract:rolleyes1; 21 days before 'closing' date.:bored::cat:

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself ('fear itself' is a new Disney Villano_O). But, name calling is childish, right? :offtopic:

Quiet morning.

Day 38 (seems young compared to some :) ) on our AKL contract:rolleyes1; 21 days before 'closing' date.:bored::cat:

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself ('fear itself' is a new Disney Villano_O). But, name calling is childish, right? :offtopic:

I feel guilty for saying day 33... my broker for some reason put a close date 77 days out :confused3

I guess I have another (at least) 3 weeks. Lessons learnt on close dates for me! Feel sorry for the seller as they dropped the contract price massively to attract a buyer so assume they’d like the money ASAP.

Not expecting to get the contract so not stressed out this time around, but not sure how I’ll feel at day 50+!

I feel guilty for saying day 33... my broker for some reason put a close date 77 days out :confused3

I guess I have another (at least) 3 weeks. Lessons learnt on close dates for me! Feel sorry for the seller as they dropped the contract price massively to attract a buyer so assume they’d like the money ASAP.

Not expecting to get the contract so not stressed out this time around, but not sure how I’ll feel at day 50+!

Day 41. When we submitted I assumed we would DEFINITELY know by the time we got to WDW (Day 43). Feeling pretty discouraged. Especially since $5 more per point has sailed right through while they sit on ours. I don't expect to get ours either - but at this point I don't know what to do. Direct ain't happening. But maybe we should just wait til Disney stops this nonsense. Which may mean we never buy DVC.

Day 41. When we submitted I assumed we would DEFINITELY know by the time we got to WDW (Day 43). Feeling pretty discouraged. Especially since $5 more per point has sailed right through while they sit on ours. I don't expect to get ours either - but at this point I don't know what to do. Direct ain't happening. But maybe we should just wait til Disney stops this nonsense. Which may mean we never buy DVC.

I’ve been looking at the contracts on occompt and they’re almost all $100. Mine seems very unlikely. I’ve been trying to plan my next steps. Even considering majority direct and a small contract resale but my DH is not on board with that.

I just feel that there’s another resale restriction coming which is worrying me. It could be we just walk away but I can see the years of memories we could make.

I just feel that there’s another resale restriction coming which is worrying me. It could be we just walk away but I can see the years of memories we could make.

Right all of this.

And we saved up and waited a year and talked about it for a year. And now here we are.

We literally don't spend "frivolous" money like this on anything... it's making me wonder if we "should". :P Or if this is a sign we need to direct our dollars elsewhere.

Right all of this.

And we saved up and waited a year and talked about it for a year. And now here we are.

We literally don't spend "frivolous" money like this on anything... it's making me wonder if we "should". :P Or if this is a sign we need to direct our dollars elsewhere.

I would say whilst you’re there it would be a shame not to check out the Riviera villas and if you’re staying onsite getting a few dollars for doing so *bad influence*

I’ve been looking at the contracts on occompt and they’re almost all $100. Mine seems very unlikely. I’ve been trying to plan my next steps. Even considering majority direct and a small contract resale but my DH is not on board with that.

How do you search occompt for DVC contracts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter