ROFR Thread April to June 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A user on a different board just hit the nail on the head for me. My kids are still so little that DS doesn’t hold much appeal for us right now. Heck, I haven’t been there since it was called Downtown Disney and I was maybe 22 or so. I think we are just too far away from the nighttime DS visits to make SSR appealing right now. Maybe in 5-10 years, but just not yet for us. My kids still want to be in the parks all day!

Exactly. Our daughter is in college now and we've been going without her. Quite nice actually, lol. So we like DS and Epcot most of the time for us.

TotallyMinnie83---$102-$18045-160-AKV-Apr-0/17, 160/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 4/15

I just went to the first post on this thread and filled out the form. Just joined DISboards today. This is my first attempt at joining DVC. So nervous. I found this thread last night and I do not know what to expect from ROFR. I'm so glad to find people that understand 1) the love of Disney and 2) the stress of waiting for Disney!

I guess but I would assume they don't make that much money on the small deposit amount and current interest rates. On $2,000 at 5% a month of interest is only $8.

They would probably need to do it on more than one contract.

A company can make thousands per year from doing this. It's certainly something I'd consider if it was my business.

Just a thought anyway..

They would probably need to do it on more than one contract.

A company can make thousands per year from doing this. It's certainly something I'd consider if it was my business.

Just a thought anyway..

True my guess is it probably covers your overhead/expenses of having to process the deposit and then refund it.

Tough to say. I’m not going to be looking at SSR again. It just didn’t feel right for us. I know that sounds silly, but I didn’t get a good feeling about it the whole time. The fact that the emotion I felt when I got the call was relief means it just wasn’t right for us.
I felt that way before & after our BLT was taken, just not fully invested.

I’d already picked out the perfect BCV contract & was way more emotionally invested in whether it passed. It worked out for the best in the end.

Update, we passed! I’m joining the club.

Update - Got the good news email this morning. So excited to join the club.

dfisher9---$93-$20523-200-SSR-Mar-0/17, 292/18, 200/19, 200/20- sent 4/9, passed 4/14

Wow! Congratulations! You give me hope!!!

TotallyMinnie83---$102-$18045-160-AKV-Apr-0/17, 160/18, 160/19, 160/20- sent 4/15

I just went to the first post on this thread and filled out the form. Just joined DISboards today. This is my first attempt at joining DVC. So nervous. I found this thread last night and I do not know what to expect from ROFR. I'm so glad to find people that understand 1) the love of Disney and 2) the stress of waiting for Disney!

Welcome, and good luck!

We just got our membership # for the one contract that did pass ROFR so officially DVC members :) Are we supposed to get any kind of packet or membership ID card? All we got was a single letter with our membership # and where to login.
Being resale you won't get a membership card (you can use the digital card from the member site). You might get a package with magnets. I believe you will also have to call in to get your activation code.

I have been following these threads for quite a while wanting to do an add on from resale. I finally convinced my DH today. We have been DVC members since 2004 at SSR (which we like). We did two direct add ons and today I made an offer on another 150 pt contract in our use year.

The asking price seemed ridiculous to me. Anything over $100/pt seems high. I made an offer about $14 under asking with no anticipation of the seller taking me up on the offer, but I tried. (My offer was well within what has been passing ROFR.) It was the exact amount of points, with the right resort and use year, so I had to go for it. The broker said he had countered another offer $10 more per point than I offered, but I am not paying that much.

So now the wait is on to see if it is accepted. Wish me luck.

I have been following these threads for quite a while wanting to do an add on from resale. I finally convinced my DH today. We have been DVC members since 2004 at SSR (which we like). We did two direct add ons and today I made an offer on another 150 pt contract in our use year.

The asking price seemed ridiculous to me. Anything over $100/pt seems high. I made an offer about $14 under asking with no anticipation of the seller taking me up on the offer, but I tried. (My offer was well within what has been passing ROFR.) It was the exact amount of points, with the right resort and use year, so I had to go for it. The broker said he had countered another offer $10 more per point than I offered, but I am not paying that much.

So now the wait is on to see if it is accepted. Wish me luck.
I agree, so many are way too high with asking prices. I actually *pretty much* quit looking on any site besides Fidelity. Their asking prices are closer to the selling prices, though I still would offer $5 to $20 lower than asking there as well, depending upon the listing.
(Fidelity has their sold listings for the resorts, at the bottom of the resort pages, so I go by those when I offer.

Man a lot of people hearing about their contracts today. Makes me anxious... :crutches:
We both sent on 4/11 right? I'm predicting :teleport: that if we pass, it will be on the 23rd or 24th... I think if it's after 15 or 16 days... then it's a really bad sign. But anyway, I'm betting on 23rd/24th for passing for us. :scratchin

We both sent on 4/11 right? I'm predicting :teleport: that if we pass, it will be on the 23rd or 24th... I think if it's after 15 or 16 days... then it's a really bad sign. But anyway, I'm betting on 23rd/24th for passing for us. :scratchin

Yes, mine was sent in on 4/11 (So I'm now at 7 days but who's counting). I wonder if different teams work on different disney contracts. This might explain why some fly through faster than others. The SSR group is always backlogged while GF has to cover several other more rare resale resorts due to less volume. Just thinking outloud... Since Disney is a money making machine so you can guarentee it isn't an adhoc approach to RORF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter