ROFR strikes again

Marv_barr

Mouseketeer
We got the news last night that the mouse exercised their ROFR and purchased our potential contract of 190 OKW points (2057 contract) for $98. This would have been our first DVC purchase. So frustrating. They are really capitalizing on the hot market. Hopefully we come across another contract soon.

Good luck! Fingers crossed you find a loaded conract that works even better.

That seems like a really good price on 2057 points, probably why they grabbed it. We like the 2 queen beds in the studios there. Lots of room the way the room is set up. Those 2057 contracts don’t come up often. Goo luck with the next one and sorry they took it. Seems lots are interested in points there direct. It is the lowest price direct resort.

I find the ROFR very frustrating as your all keen to know and then it can be 30 days and they say no and you have to start all over again.

We currently have one awaiting ROFR and to be honest looking at yours i think they will say no to ours as we have more points for less dollar per point then yours so it's not looking great.

Hopefully you have a back up one you can make an offer on.

We got the news last night that the mouse exercised their ROFR and purchased our potential contract of 190 OKW points (2057 contract) for $98. This would have been our first DVC purchase. So frustrating. They are really capitalizing on the hot market. Hopefully we come across another contract soon.
Wow that would have been such a great deal. Keep looking though their our plenty out there, just need to have patience.

Such interference with free market mechanisms. I catch myself looking at beach club resales thinking "Oh no, that one is too cheap"

Thanks for the positive feed back, the funny part about this is we did call DVC to request info in 2016 and did a tour last year when onsite, we had very little contact with our guide and out of the blue yesterday we receive a e-mail from said guide regarding information on purchasing DVC. It's ironic how a day later after they exercised ROFR they send a e-mail on the benefits on buying DVC.

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive feed back, the funny part about this is we did call DVC to request info in 2016 and did a tour last year when onsite, we had very little contact with our guide and out of the blue yesterday we receive a e-mail from said guide regarding information on purchasing DVC. It's ironic how a day later after they exercised ROFR they send a e-mail on the benefits on buying DVC.

That is terribly suspicious isn't it :)

The ROFR does suck, especially the first time through - at least for me as I'm not the most patient type. I agree with the above - you drove a good bargain. Next time around you may get lucky with a similar contract. Or an alternate strategy is to look at the highest price they have taken and make an offer just at that level or above. It costs a bit more, but it might be worth a bit of extra cost to save the time and stress of going through the process.

We lost one contract, and ended up with a better one.
Hopefully you are as lucky.
Good luck with the next one!

What a coincidence!

Sorry about the ROFR. Hope you have better luck next time.

For the DVC Resale buyers that do not make it through ROFR, I think everybody out there feels your disappointment. Try to keep a positive attitude and look for the next perfect listing......hopefully better than the listing you did not get.

Sorry to bring back a 2 month old thread...

What happens to your escrow payment if Disney does exercise ROFR? I assume the escrow company just cuts you a return check?

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-report-rofr-march-19-report/
It seems you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting hit with ROFR at AKL so Im a little nervous. Seems odd they cash your check before they know that answer it would make more sense just to hold it until then. We offered at 106 dollars so not a huge bargin or anything, but I see Disney picked several up in the price range this year.

What happens to your escrow payment if Disney does exercise ROFR? I assume the escrow company just cuts you a return check?

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blog/dvc-right-of-first-refusal-report-rofr-march-19-report/
It seems you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting hit with ROFR at AKL so Im a little nervous. Seems odd they cash your check before they know that answer it would make more sense just to hold it until then. We offered at 106 dollars so not a huge bargin or anything, but I see Disney picked several up in the price range this year.
Yes. Ours was sent to Canada via FedEx. I assume it would be similar for US citizens.

My sympathy! My first-ever offer for a resale contract to SSR was also taken two days ago: $99 for a 210 point contract with no points until 2020. My "old" plan was to get 210 points SSR resale and then 100 points SSR direct for the same use year. We wanted enough points to get 1-BR villas, and SSR looks like a great place especially for visits that are not theme-park heavy. Spa, golf, walking, running, dining out, entertainment at DS... all sound great.

Actually during the ~2.5 week review process I learned alot from these boards and changed my strategy a bit. I just made an offer for a 300-point BRV contract for $95/point. My wife and I are in our 50's and don't mind the 2042 end date. Also, I really love Wilderness Lodge.

Best wishes for your next try!

My sympathy! My first-ever offer for a resale contract to SSR was also taken two days ago: $99 for a 210 point contract with no points until 2020. My "old" plan was to get 210 points SSR resale and then 100 points SSR direct for the same use year. We wanted enough points to get 1-BR villas, and SSR looks like a great place especially for visits that are not theme-park heavy. Spa, golf, walking, running, dining out, entertainment at DS... all sound great.

Actually during the ~2.5 week review process I learned alot from these boards and changed my strategy a bit. I just made an offer for a 300-point BRV contract for $95/point. My wife and I are in our 50's and don't mind the 2042 end date. Also, I really love Wilderness Lodge.

Best wishes for your next try!

Best of luck!! It doesn't seem like Disney is interested in BRV and that price is right in line with what has passed. We just purchased our 2nd contract there and are waiting points to show in our account so...howdy neighbor! We love WL also!!

Both of my last two contracts wanted CC as payment. I received that refund back on my card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter